FA Cup Semi Finals - 22/23 April - Brighton vs Man Utd

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Matterface using the "If anyone is capable" line to describe something that was already done 24 years ago. An utterly woeful commentator.
It's different this time around though. What a story it would be if underdogs City win the treble after only 15 years of lying about their finances and skirting around FFP rules. It's impressive how a hat trick was scored by one of their fringe players who only cost them £60 million. You couldn't even buy half of Haaland's actual, non-disclosed, salary with that cash. Truly an epic for the ages.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I retracted my earlier comment about attendance. Scott Patterson from Republik of Mancunia raises a very good point here.

I also agree with the part that says Elland Road would have been a better venue. It's time for Wembley to become again what it was in the old days: the ultimate prize for the final only.
I thought this when the game was on, thinking it may explain the limited turn out - couldn’t they have just held it up north? No idea why the semi is even held at Wembley besides paying for the FA Christmas party.

acnumber9

I retracted my earlier comment about attendance. Scott Patterson from Republik of Mancunia raises a very good point here.

I also agree with the part that says Elland Road would have been a better venue. It's time for Wembley to become again what it was in the old days: the ultimate prize for the final only.
Got to pay for Wembley somehow.

MoskvaRed

It's different this time around though. What a story it would be if underdogs City win the treble after only 15 years of lying about their finances and skirting around FFP rules. It's impressive how a hat trick was scored by one of their fringe players who only cost them £60 million. You couldn't even buy half of Haaland's actual, non-disclosed, salary with that cash. Truly an epic for the ages.
Yes, the man writing the fairy tales at City is the accountant. Matterface is far from alone in completely ignoring the stampeding herd of elephants in the room.

We have to go all out to stop this lot winning (buying) a treble. We did it it as underdogs against Liverpool in the 1977 cup final and, with every key player bar Martinez available and a week’s rest (no Europa League final to worry about…), it’s doable. I can’t see Brighton beating City in a final so it’s down to us or hoping that great Madrid team has one last hurrah.

Oranges038

It's a beautiful tale, like a real life Disney movie that would fill you with a warm creamy fuzzy feeling inside.

But, it'll probably feel more like taking a warm creamy load from a horse up your hole, not the happy fuzzy feeling you get from a watching 2 dogs and a cat find their way home.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
It's a beautiful tale, like a real life Disney movie that would fill you with a warm creamy fuzzy feeling inside.

But, it'll probably feel more like taking a warm creamy load from a horse up your hole, not the happy fuzzy feeling you get from a watching 2 dogs and a cat find their way home.
Well, shit. That's certainly words being used in that second paragraph. I mean, shit...

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...

wait, is that a pic from today? I mean a oick from Wembley during FA Cup semi-final?

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Yep. It’s silly to have it at Wembley. I can’t remember the two stadiums they used to use for semi final, Villa Park was one, not sure the other? Was it Old Trafford?

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
wait, is that a pic from today? I mean a oick from Wembley during FA Cup semi-final?
It actually looks better than it was on TV imho for the bottom tier. It was more red (empty) than not. Absolute embarrassment

Siorac

Yep. It’s silly to have it at Wembley. I can’t remember the two stadiums they used to use for semi final, Villa Park was one, not sure the other? Was it Old Trafford?
Yep, Old Trafford was often used to host FA Cup semis.

Oranges038

Sometimes you just have to ease into it. Like having a horse slowly release it's, nah feck it I'm not doing this sorry.
I get it.

You have to start small and work your way up, like starting with a small horse and working your way up to a stallion.

RedDevilQuebecois

wait, is that a pic from today? I mean a pic from Wembley during FA Cup semi-final?
Yep, that was from today. Horrible to think of hosting a FA Cup semifinal at Wembley in such conditions (the rise in costs of living, expensive tickets, etc.).

Yep, Old Trafford last hosted a semifinal in 2007 (Blackburn Rovers vs. Chelsea).

The most recurrent formula was to have Old Trafford and Villa Park as the venues for the semifinals. On some occasions where 2 London-based clubs would cross swords in a semifinal, one of the nearby stadiums would be used as such (Highbury last hosted a semifinal between Chelsea and Wimbledon in 1997). Maine Road and Hillsborough also used to host semifinal replays. The point remains that plenty of good stadiums remain far more accessible for FA Cup semis than Wembley.

AaronRedDevil

Just saw a stat that City haven’t conceded a goal in this completion yet…..yeah they winning this.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
There is no consolement for March after that miss. It has to be horrible losing in penalties where the opposition goalie didn’t save a penalty but a derby final is always fun.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Gutted for Brighton, yet United vs City is the most interesting final from a football perspective as well: two very different styles and world class players in both teams instead of a world class team against a very competent team with a similar style but a gulf in individual quality.