[FA Youth Cup 3rd Round] Manchester United vs. Southampton

spenzo

I think Gribbin plays too arrogantly at times. He slows the play down unneccessarily. A few quicker passes would serve him and the team better.

We've played well and should be in front. Bohui, O'Connor and Buffonge are the standout players for me so far.
Agreed, if he consistently showed the same drive on the ball as he's begun adding to his game off the ball lately. he'd be an even better player. Chong is a good example imo of someone who is composed and confident on the ball but shows a good level of urgency too.

WhoDaGOAT

Hamilton has really stepped up this half. He struggled during the first few minutes of the 1st half. Much sharper and tenacious now.

spenzo

Would've expected their lad to score from there with no pressure on him to be honest. Not god enough by United from a defensive perspective.

WhoDaGOAT

Wow. We're out.

They made shite of our defenders before both strikes.

lysglimt

Scout
Yeah I feared that our defenders would be our downfall. We have looked shaky way too many times this season - and we can't rely on our strikers to score Three times in every game to win.

Having said that - some of our attacking players have been really poor today. Have to give Southampton credit though.

khoazany

Well as I've said it's not good to underestimate Southampton... At least Valery and Volkins are fantastic on FM and Slattery is always a huge talent.

spenzo

Think it's a bit harsh to criticise our defence unless you're including the midfield that should be protecting them in that.

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
Time wasted like feck then the ref blew up early!

Shame but still a very talented group.

lysglimt

Scout
Third time in less than 10 years that we are beaten at home by a much inferior side ?

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
Didnt expect that we will go out so early but im not that shocked to be honest, this is a really unbalanced team as we have a lot of quality in 3 AM positions(Gomes, Gribbin, Chong, Dj, Boonen) but the rest of the team is bang average at best apart from O'Connor in defence who looks very good.

Leonard17

Only if our players were a few inches taller!
It's not about that, it was basic errors. Warren should've come to close the ball down on the first goal, instead he was used as a shield. The ref should've called for a foul on O'Connor initially for the 2nd, but a lot happened between then and the goal. Whelan gets turned way too easily and Warren doesn't get out quickly enough again. Also, Gribbin doesn't fit this side, I don't think. He slows the ball down way too much, even though he had a big hand in the goal.