FA Youth Cup - Chelsea vs Manchester United

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Lucky to be level after that beginning but much better towards the end of the half.

pascell

Tired of these commentators chirping on about us 'weather the Chelsea storm'

When Devine 'megged their RB, someone went 'oooo' straight away :lol:

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I think Chelsea's initial plan was to try and brute force a few goals in the first quarter, they'd run themselves into the ground by 30 minutes. It's a very high risk high reward tactic. They'll likely come flying out the blocks for the first 20 of the second half too, if we can weather that storm we have a chance of winning this.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I think Chelsea's initial plan was to try and brute force a few goals in the first quarter, they'd run themselves into the ground by 30 minutes. It's a very high risk high reward tactic. They'll likely come flying out the blocks for the first 20 of the second half too, if we can weather that storm we have a chance of winning this.
Agreed. They came at us with a real intensity which could've seen them a few goals up . But they ran out steam and the high press was gone around the 25-30 minute mark.

Like you say I think they might try the same in the first 15 minutes in the second half to blow the house down.

Mejbri and Mengi were our best players in the first half IMO.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
It’s similar to watching the first team - if our midfield functions and we get early ball to our attacking players we look very dangerous. Elanga was poor first half hour but has been very good the last 15 minutes. Hannibal’s first touch is crazy good and he breezes by players but you just feel he could do more.

Chelsea pummelled us the first half hour. Just too physical. They’re saying it should have been 3 or 4 but to be honest the only real clear cut chance they had was the header from the RB who really should have scored.

AltiUn

Agreed. They came at us with a real intensity which could've seen them a few goals up . But they ran out steam and the high press was gone around the 25-30 minute mark.

Like you say I think they might try the same in the first 15 minutes in the second half to blow the house down.

Mejbri and Mengi were our best players in the first half IMO.
Yeah hopefully we can keep our concentration up. They're an incredibly physically gifted team and obviously all very good footballers too, I'm still not expecting us to win, this is a big test. Mejbri was very good, but my goodness does he need to work on his temper.

AltiUn

Devine’s been so good today, I like him constantly communicating with his team mates too, strikes me as a leader.

lysglimt

Scout
Why the h don't we have anyone following their wingback ?

AltiUn

Shite goal to concede, their 40 year old youth player scores a tap in.

lysglimt

Scout
Shite goal to concede, their 40 year old youth player scores a tap in.
Either a case of someone not doing what they are told defensively - or braindead coaching. Not sure what is worse

Drainy

Either a case of someone not doing what they are told defensively - or braindead coaching. Not sure what is worse
given the fact that our left back was challenging a lump up towards a guy who is like twice his size in the middle of the pitch, I am minded towards the former.

Footy van de Geek

Chelsea are simply a machine at this level. They’ve played in nearly every FAYC final since 2010.

We’re still in it at 1-0, but you feel that Chelsea should see it out from here. We need to take our next big chance.

Mylock

Midfield poor, struggled with the press. Hannibal struggling, needs to keep his head. Still in the game, the longer the game goes on Neil Ryan will have to take a gamble or two. Helm not a natural forward, more a midfielder. This team lack a focal point up top. Pity oneill and hugill can't play.

lsd

The Oracle
Haven't seen much of this United team but on this performance they all look rather poor compared to the Chelsea players

Footy van de Geek

Hoogewerf is a big miss. He scored the majority of our goals in the earlier rounds.

Great in the air for a small lad.

Mylock

Mengi, shortire and possibly Elangi have a chance of making it on this performance, can't see any of the rest.

Bestofthebest

Just like the first team. Too many loose passes in all areas. They do move a lot quicker than the seniors though. Also not very good at set pieces.

Mylock

I mean, he's been better than Shoretire and you listed him.
Probably on par with Shortire, but shortire is a year younger. To be fair to Hanibal it's hard to be play without a number 9 to play the ball to.

lsd

The Oracle
to say everyone has spent the game licking Chelsea's arse it was a lump up top and a second ball that separated the sides

It has been the most one sided one nil i have ever seen. Chelsea should be four or five up in all honesty. Very disappointing we offered no threat at all and Hannibal was rubbish, I hope he has a lot more than that performance in him

AltiUn

It has been the most one sided one nil i have ever seen. Chelsea should be four or five up in all honesty. Very disappointing we offered no threat at all and Hannibal was rubbish, I hope he has a lot more than that performance in him
We hit the cross bar :houllier: