FA Youth Cup - Manchester United vs Leeds

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Must be on about 40 fouls against Mejbri now.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Jesus, and I thought PL refs were bad.
At least PL refs have (for most parts) gotten over the "let the Brits kick the tricky foreigners" phase, but the skillful, fast players need and deserve a lot more protection in the youth competitions than they are getting at the moment.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Second half, same story. Mejbri getting fouled all the time.

Utdstar01

This Leeds team are a bunch of thugs. Absolute no intention of playing football.

top1whoisman

Scout
Hoogewerf 1-0!! His physical attributes including his jumping reach are great. If only he had a football brain and composure to match them.

top1whoisman

Scout
Indeed. The things is, that's not how their senior plays at all so what's the story there?!
Most English clubs (that I’ve seen) are getting more and more progressive, but there’s always a few dinosaurs in some youth setups that want to play the game like they played it in the 80s. Don’t know much about Leeds’ academy but tonight’s performance is disgusting. But I think they’re better than this, just knew United are much better and thought their best chance is to break up the play, counter and get the reward on set pieces.

Utdstar01

Fecking sound has gone. Even Leeds using their sorcery to foul our players now too.

Utdstar01

Most English clubs (that I’ve seen) are getting more and more progressive, but there’s always a few dinosaurs in some youth setups that want to play the game like they played it in the 80s. Don’t know much about Leeds’ academy but tonight’s performance is disgusting. But I think they’re better than this, just knew United are much better and thought their best chance is to break up the play, counter and get the reward on set pieces.
100%. Not many academies around now that play like this from what I've seen but them not even attempting to play tonight is disgusting and something I would hate to see if it was United doing the same.

Utdstar01

Deji is not a sight I'd like to see if I was a Leeds defender right now.

top1whoisman

Scout
It’s not nice to play against this kind of opponents, but in terms of development, you kind of need these type of ugly games, too.

roonster09

Scout
It’s not nice to play against this kind of opponents, but in terms of development, you kind of need these type of ugly games, too.
Was about to say this. These games are good learning experience.

top1whoisman

Scout
Was about to say this. These games are good learning experience.
Absolutely, a maturing experience to beat (or even lose) these type of games. Game-management, nerves etc. It’s not the last match in their careers when they face a team like this.

roonster09

Scout
Absolutely, a maturing experience to beat (or even lose) these type of games. Game-management, nerves etc. It’s not the last match in their careers when they face a team like this.
Yeah. Now we are sort of losing control of the game. Players are rushing into silly decisions.

top1whoisman

Scout
Need to kill this game, can see Leeds getting one from a corner or a free kick.

top1whoisman

Scout
Yeah. Now we are sort of losing control of the game. Players are rushing into silly decisions.
Should make the extra man count, Leeds players have also been running after the ball A LOT tonight. Keep the ball moving and patiently look for the chance to punish them.

roonster09

Scout
Should make the extra man count, Leeds players have also been running after the ball A LOT tonight. Keep the ball moving and patiently look for the chance to punish them.
Created few very good chances and also got players into very good positions. The last bit is missing. Should kill the game.