FA-Youth Cup: Our boys vs Chelsea

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
And Van Velzen.

Next year's team will be very, very exciting. Tom Lawerence and Januzaj will be fit. Andreas Perriera looks like an excellent talent, and plus this team will be more experienced.
Yeah Ioannou looks a talent, Wilson too. Exciting times.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Good effort by our players, the majority of them are first years and Chelsea's youth cup team is probably the best right now.

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
Yeah good effort, excited by the technique of a lot of these players, fancy we'll have a very good run next year.

Sally Cinnamon

It was a brilliant run, and to be honest they did better against Chelsea than I was expecting. Next year will be a great side.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
And Van Velzen.
I just don't see it it with Van Velzen. I haven't since the day he signed.

I also noticed tonight that our goalkeeper can actually pass the ball and he is English! That is a sign of progress.

Next years team will be very exciting indeed. Pereira, Daehli, Pearson, Rothwell, Januzaj and Barmby look superb.

I am not very good at watching defenders.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I just don't see it it with Van Velzen. I haven't since the day he signed.

I also noticed tonight that our goalkeeper can actually pass the ball and he is English! That is a sign of progress.

Next years team will be very exciting indeed. Pereira, Daehli, Pearson, Rothwell, Januzaj and Barmby look superb.

I am not very good at watching defenders.
There is a big, big rumor that we signed the wrong player from Ajax. We were scouting someone else, and signed Van Velzen from a feck up. Just a rumor though.

Iannou was excellent today. You've also forgotten Tom Lawrence in that lineup mate, wait till you watch him, very good player.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
There is a big, big rumor that we signed the wrong player from Ajax. We were scouting someone else, and signed Van Velzen from a feck up. Just a rumor though.

Iannou was excellent today. You've also forgotten Tom Lawrence in that lineup mate, wait till you watch him, very good player.
The Van Velzon rumour seems far fetched, but to be blunt and unpoetic, he has always looked rubbish to me.

I like Pearson, he looks like some geeky kid that you used to go to school with but he plays quite differently to how he looks. Has a touch of class and crass.

Piazon looks a real talent for Chelsea and he also looks quite angry, they were just too big and fast for us tonight.

As has been mentioned by other posters, we exceeded expectations.

PS18

Lawrence will be too old next year.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
It was a much better game than the 1st leg.

I thought before the two legs that Chelsea will be too strong for us but there wasn't a big gap between both teams.

The Chelsea boys had a big rest in the last weeks and we've played of course in the Future Cup just 5 days ago..........i don't want to say it was the difference but it has help for Chelsea in the last minutes of the game.

I don't think anyone has expected the team makes a so long and brilliant run in the FA-Youth Cup, a great experience for this side because a lot of the players are eligible for next year too.

Chelsea are having some great prospects like Chalobah, Lucas Piazon, Feruz or Kane.

CLK_FPC

Fists of Fury
Just got in, reading the post 2 up from this about Van Velzen I wouldn't be surprised! Didn't impress me, when he switched wings and operated on the right him and Grimshaw left it WAY too open.

Barmby is a very decent player lovely feet and the same for Daehli.

Was sat with the players, agents and parents so I saw Terry, Luiz, Lampard, Di Matteo and Nick Barmby to name a few.

Some of the players came into the lounge after and didn't look to down trodden and rightly so as they performed well on the night and in the competition in general.

A big well done to the boys and hopefully we can have a bright run next term too as some of the player will use this experience as well as the fact they will have developed physically and technically.