FA-Youth Cup: Our boys vs Chelsea

lysglimt

Scout
oh dear - why do we have to give our opponents 1-2 goals each game

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
The Chelsea commentator keeps saying 'What a save from Sutherland' after a defender blocks it.

lysglimt

Scout
Can one of you be a darling and describe how the game is going? I'm sure there's lots of streamless chumps like me wondering what the hell is happening.
Chelsea being the better side - we have defended really well and created a couple of decent chances - but they are bigger, stronger and faster than us - and it shows.

But it's been a much better game from us than at home

lysglimt

Scout
Inexperience, compare these lads to our First Team when they defend, nowhere near as much communcation or structure.
Yeah but why do we do it so much more often than our opponents. The goal was waiting to happen - we had 3-4 HUGE errors in defense prior to the goal.

LoveInTheAsylum

Can one of you be a darling and describe how the game is going? I'm sure there's lots of streamless chumps like me wondering what the hell is happening.
Excuse the poor effort but United dominated the first half creating a few really good chances (Chelsea keeper made a couple of good saves), Chelsea coming into it a lot more as the game's stretched. So much pace and great passing and movement between the two teams, encouraging stuff. Been a really entertaining game, hopefully the United lads can find something in the next 15 mins.

ArmchairCritic

Yeah but why do we do it so much more often than our opponents. The goal was waiting to happen - we had 3-4 HUGE errors in defense prior to the goal.
I don't think we do it more than Chelsea, they just have players in the final third to take advantage like Feruz and Piazon.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Ravel in the crowd watching the lads, good to see him supporting his mates rather than being a diva now hes made it n that

lysglimt

Scout
I don't think we do it more than Chelsea, they just have players in the final third to take advantage like Feruz and Piazon.
we keep running with the ball out of defense - which is good. I am all for that - but none of the midfielders go down to cover when they do.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
There's a lot of First Year's in the team, physically this team isn't great, let them develop.
Exactly. The Chelsea lads look they've more stamina then our players. Also we just came back from the Future Cup, so could be some tiredness from that. These guys have already over-achieved this season IMO, they look absolute midgets compared to players of other teams.

ArmchairCritic

Exactly. The Chelsea lads look they've more stamina then our players. Also we just came back from the Future Cup, so could be some tiredness from that. These guys have already over-achieved this season IMO, they look absolute midgets compared to players of other teams.
Except for Tyler Blackett, who is an absolute beast.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
The keeper looks like he's the little kid they put in nets because no one else wants to do it...

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
So there are what, 4 black players on the pitch. One is called Blackitt and another Blackman. English black people are not as creative as the New York lot.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Except for Tyler Blackett, who is an absolute beast.
And Van Velzen.

Next year's team will be very, very exciting. Tom Lawerence and Januzaj will be fit. Andreas Perriera looks like an excellent talent, and plus this team will be more experienced.