FA Youth Cup - Quarter Final - United v Leicester City

Robin

That’s two games on the trot he has scored and got booked for taking off his shirt, what’s the suspension ruling in this competition, be silly to miss a potential game for such a preventable booking !

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Excellent win. Some really fantastic players in this group. Mainoo, Hansen and Garnacho I'd say are the pick of the bunch, but McNeil and Mather are very good in their own right.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Much deserved win after a fantastic performance. I thought Kobbie Mainoo really came to the fore in the second half and was a real maestro for us. His touch and technique is superb along with his ability to retain possession and shield the ball in confined spaces. He was without doubt the stand out for me. McNeill also played well, and we saw glimpses of good play from Hansen before he went off.

Thiagoal

Much deserved win after a fantastic performance. I thought Kobbie Mainoo really came to the fore in the second half and was a real maestro for us. His touch and technique is superb along with his ability to retain possession and shield the ball in confined spaces. He was without doubt the stand out for me. McNeill also played well, and we saw glimpses of good play from Hansen before he went off.
Totally agree about Mainoo- what he’s doing at the age of 16 is really quite something

Sea-Cow

Did he go off injured?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Did he go off injured?
I'm not sure but didn't think he went off injured, and the substitution seemed tactical. Oyedele replaced Hansen, and Mainoo then had even more freedom to play his game and get forward.

city-puma

Maybe silly question. I watched a few video clips of Hanson, he looks like late Scholes mk II, i.e., gets into the box less often as compared to younger Scholes. Is it a reasonable impression?

Bertie Wooster

Thoroughly enjoyed that. :drool:

Slow start to the game but we got better and better and definitely deserved the win after a dominant 2nd half.

As plenty have said, Mainoo looked quality again. He really has a lot of potential as a box to box CM. And the likes of Garnacho, Hansen, Mather and McNeill also looked good again.

Glad we've avoided Chelsea in the S/F.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
I think hes going to come in some capacity alongside Rangnick with Poch as manager isnt he.
From what I remember I think there was a bit of a power struggle between Mitchell and Pochetino and Poch wanted more autonomy over transfers which lead to Mitchell departing.

I could be chatting shit though

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
Their #4 ran the show for them in the first half and looked very impressive. Quite a big physical side so it took time to find our rhythm..

In the second half Mainoo picked him in what looked like a tactical switch and just oozed class. Gore, Fredricson and Garnacho also played well.

Crowd was a disappointing 3.934.

We are now at home to the winner of Wolves v Brighton in the semi-final.

lsd

The Oracle
From what I remember I think there was a bit of a power struggle between Mitchell and Pochetino and Poch wanted more autonomy over transfers which lead to Mitchell departing.

I could be chatting shit though

I think you are to be honest no offence but any report I see is Poch desperate for him to have stayed as they worked well together in spite of Levy.

Eventually Mitchell tired of Levy and moved on.

If he is coming to United it likely means Poch will be our next manager

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
I think you are to be honest no offence but any report I see is Poch desperate for him to have stayed as they worked well together in spite of Levy.

Eventually Mitchell tired of Levy and moved on.

If he is coming to United it likely means Poch will be our next manager
or maybe Ragnick wants to recruit him to help make United as well structured as the Red Bull group. Recruitment and football direction wise.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Or he's just visiting his mate and scouting a few youngsters while he's got a bit of time off with his family in Manchester...

Connor C

MUTV back at it again with the 4 minute highlights. Beyond a joke at this point

Demaw

When they asked for feedback once I said I'm sick of watching 4 minute highlights. I'm oversesa and can't stay up to watch full matches. Why couldn't they keep 18/23 full games on the app for a month? The reply was literally like it was climbing Everest and just couldn't be done. :(