FA Youth Cup v Liverpool

Bertie Wooster

Our 4th round match v Liverpool is on MUTV today. Kick off 3pm.

I posted this on the FA Youth Cup thread, but for those who haven't seen it, the draws for the 5th round and Q/F have been made, and we've continued our bad luck with draws: if we get past Liverpool, we'd have Leicester away followed by either Arsenal or West Ham. Just as difficult (almost identical) a route to the S/F as the first team faced!

Here's the draw up to the Q/F...

1 Newcastle United or Leeds United or Watford v Aston Villa or Burton Albion
2 Leicester City or Manchester United or Liverpool v West Ham United or Arsenal
3 Swansea City or Middlesbrough or Ipswich Town or Swindon Town v Peterborough United or Sheffield United or Bristol City
4 AFC Wimbledon or Tottenham Hotspur or West Bromwich Albion or Cardiff City v Chelsea or AFC Fylde or Manchester City or Everton.

Bertie Wooster

Any news on line ups
Haven't seen any, but the line up will be interesting for today as the likes of Hannibal, Shoretire, Hugill are all available, even though they've been regulars with the U23's and, in the first two cases, are more about pushing up towards the first team squad.

There's no U23 game this weekend, and I can't see them featuring in the first team, so I'd love to see us play at least two of those - Hannibal and Hugill?

TheReligion

Abusive
Haven't seen any, but the line up will be interesting for today as the likes of Hannibal, Shoretire, Hugill are all available, even though they've been regulars with the U23's and, in the first two cases, are more about pushing up towards the first team squad.

There's no U23 game this weekend, and I can't see them featuring in the first team, so I'd love to see us play at least two of those - Hannibal and Hugill?
Triple H?

mav_9me

Haha first time ever I would think all these guys playing together.

GueRed

strong line-up,

hopefully they express themselves fully and do themselves proud.

mav_9me

Wish I could watch it in USA. Weird having mutv but them not showing it. What's the point of mutv?

Red_toad

Wish I could watch it in USA. Weird having mutv but them not showing it. What's the point of mutv?
It’s on tomorrow full match avoid the finding out the score. Then watch it then......first world problems solved

NYAS

What’s the age cut-off for this competition?

Red_toad

What’s the age cut-off for this competition?
Found this thing called a search engine and it came up with this as an answer. You should find one and try for yourself :smirk:

The Football Association Youth Challenge Cup is an English football competition run by The Football Association for under-18 sides. Only those players between the age of 15 and 18 on 31 August of the current season are eligible to take part.

mav_9me

I can highly recommend https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/

Very cheap and they do not log your activity.

I got a VPN after the EU data regulations (GDPR) bs was implemented a few years ago as a lot of the US news websites were suddenly blocked to me in Ireland - which made no sense.
Thanks for that.

I assumed I just needed to set my location to Manchester/UK and MUTV app would change. But has not worked. Anything I am doing wrong?

Red_toad

Thanks for that.

I assumed I just needed to set my location to Manchester/UK and MUTV app would change. But has not worked. Anything I am doing wrong?
Wouldn’t you need to have us subscription on MUTV?
Sorry UK subscription darn auto correct...

Last edited:

Fanta Stick

Thanks for that.

It should just be a matter of connecting from anywhere in UK/Ireland - there are 4 UK regional options on mine.

Have you actually connected through the VPN? Check your IP address

NYAS

Found this thing called a search engine and it came up with this as an answer. You should find one and try for yourself :smirk:

The Football Association Youth Challenge Cup is an English football competition run by The Football Association for under-18 sides. Only those players between the age of 15 and 18 on 31 August of the current season are eligible to take part.
Why would I, when you can just do it for me? :smirk:

Thanks mate :D

mav_9me

It should just be a matter of connecting from anywhere in UK/Ireland - there are 4 UK regional options on mine.

Have you actually connected through the VPN? Check your IP address
yeah. its on my phone though. I assume MUTV probably has a way of knowing I am a US subscriber. Its alright I guess. I will watch the highlights. Thanks for the help

In Rainbows

Thought Mcneill was pretty bad this half. Hannibal was the best player, though he should have passed in one opportunity instead of going at it alone. Shoretire hasn't done much.

Drainy

Really dislike how we've set the team up today.

It's just a hodge podge of good attacking players put on the field with the hopes they can do something. McNeil isn't a 10 for me, they should have had the stomach to pick between him again Hugill. Plus starting with no natural width is a poor choice when Hughes isn't great with the ball.

Pericles

I knew it would be a mistake to start both McNeil and Hugill together. McNeil is not a 10 and not a creative player.