Fabinho | Al-Ittihad player

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Liverpool are going to seriously challenge for the title next year aren't they?

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
Jeez people, stop over hyping players that go to other clubs. All of a sudden you are all experts on Fabinho, and he will tear PL apart. And they will win everything next season, it's their year. La. :houllier:
If you don’t see how this improves Liverpool to balance them then I have nothing to say.

It’s not like José rates this guy or anything too or that we were linked with him the past 2 years...

F1D

lol, Fabinho and Keita, neither of which have played a minute in the PL, is now arguably the best midfield in the league :lol:

get a grip.
It was the same with Bakayoko last year.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Because it's not complicated.

I don't understand how some are defending this while we have seen how our signings take time literally every summer.
Transfer window's been open 11 days! How many major deals do you know have been done?

Ban

We have dropped the ball yet again while Woodward is somewhere fantasising about a galactico player. Liverpool now have arguably the best midfield in the PL - Keita and Fabinho will destroy teams next season.

What are we doing for goodness sake. You can always trust Man Utd not to address the gaping problems in the squad. The management is currently Bale-drunk when we should be beefing up the midfield and the full back areas.

This is a big L to United.
:lol:
You know what the management is doing, right?

Bale-drunk.

Ffs. :lol:

goober88

I don't so much care about them signing Fabinho. But why can't all our signings be aged 25 and less? Look at who Klopp brought (and might bring) in: Alisson, Van Dijk, Fabinho, Salah, Mane. All 25 and under. Is it really that difficult to get good players that age? Look at the signings Man City have made as well. Half of the players they brought in were players that a lot of Man Utd fans wanted. Why can't the club do the same thing?

The other thing is the profile of the players. We should have midfielders that are good passers and dynamic. We should have wingers that are fast and tricky. This isn't something that's revolutionary. It seems pretty obvious to buy these sort of players. And yet we have Fellaini and Mata in the squad. Why? Just why?

Ban

We could have finished the deal with Fred earlier before he goes to his national team. It's not really a complicated deal to take time like this.

Anyway I'm not expecting any signings before WC anymore.
Didn't expect posts like this from you.

theralyst

Impressive front three, with a greatly upgraded midfield three if they get Fekir. Hopefully Liverpool continue being the comedy club they are.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Can't believe people are whinging about this in here after how that CL Final went just a few nights ago...

These feckers would be unbearable if they'd won that game, and the momentum it would give them would be notable.

As it is they got humiliated, suffered a notable defeat, and are now off to a World Cup.

Be glad how Liverpool's week has gone (though hope Salah gets to play in the World Cup).

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
The meltdown is hilarious in here :lol: what is wrong with some of you? We’re going to sign Fred. A far better player.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I've got no idea, literally zero and that's the point neither do you
Actually, we do know. Shakhtar are a club owned by a rich man who can if he wants make it difficult for anyone.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Cue the epic meltdown! Gotta love transfer season

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
The meltdown is hilarious in here :lol: what is wrong with some of you? We’re going to sign Fred. A far better player.

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
It was the same with Bakayoko last year.
Bakayoko was all hype, didn’t rate him. Fabinho is quality.

Weird how Fabinho is meh all of a sudden even though we’d be jumping for joy had we got him.

Would go a long ways if people could throw away their bias/hater/homer glasses and look at things realistically from a genuine point of view. No ones saying he’s a world beater but he’s an exceptional player and one that’ll help neutralize the Liverpool imbalances.

Ban

I don't so much care about them signing Fabinho. But why can't all our signings be aged 25 and less? Look at who Klopp brought (and might bring) in: Alisson, Van Dijk, Fabinho, Salah, Mane. All 25 and under. Is it really that difficult to get good players that age? Look at the signings Man City have made as well. Half of the players they brought in were players that a lot of Man Utd fans wanted. Why can't the club do the same thing?

The other thing is the profile of the players. We should have midfielders that are good passers and dynamic. We should have wingers that are fast and tricky. This isn't something that's revolutionary. It seems pretty obvious to buy these sort of players. And yet we have Fellaini and Mata in the squad. Why? Just why?
Why doesn't Ed listen to the fans?
We buy only players who are 29 and older. Why, just why?

el3mel

Transfer window's been open 11 days! How many major deals do you know have been done?
This one.

The work on transfers start from day one, especially for a team who need several players in important positions like us, with a narrow transfer window this year.

C'est Moi Cantona

This guys been available for ages now, and he goes early in the window, and for a knock down price, surely points to no one else of note been interested.

Hawks2008

feck, that's a good signing for Liverpool. Him and Keita is a big upgrade on the likes of Can and Wijnaldum.

el3mel

Didn't expect posts like this from you.
Sorry, I was calm and didn't give a feck about this signing earlier, but I just open now and found it done in basically 24 hours ! It exceeds my capacity of being calm. I don't care about Fabinho and I don't want him, but we need to act faster in the market regarding our deals.

Ban

This one.

The work on transfers start from day one, especially for a team who need several players in important positions like us, with a narrow transfer window this year.
How do you know when our transfer business has started? Just cause we havent signed Fred till now doesn't mean we wont. Dont be so worked out just cause Liverpool signed a player.

Sanche7

I can understand the meltdown if they best us to a target, but they didn't, we didn't even want him.
Then why all the meltdown :confused:

Ban

Sorry, I was calm and didn't give a feck about this signing earlier, but I just open now and found it done in basically 24 hours ! It exceeds my capacity of being calm. I don't care about Fabinho and I don't want him, but we need to act faster in the market regarding our deals.
It probably didn't got done in 24 hours, just seems like it from the media. Calm down.

automaticflare

Ffs get a grip

Fellaini and mata both both by moyes

Jose signed

Bailly
Lindelooff
Pogba
Lukaku

We were creaming ourselves over rashford and martial 2 years ago so we had 2 attacking talents being touted as future world class

We need experience in midfield he signed matic

Just get a f’ing grip on life will you ffs

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Great signing especially for an initial £39m as the Beeb are reporting.

If they hold on to their best players, sign a decent GK and add another CB they are going to be strong contenders next year.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
There's World Cup this year. There's literally a month when we won't be able to make deals or negotiations with most players in the world, and the transfers deadline is on the first day of the season this year so we'll basically have 1.5 month to get all the players we need this summer. People aren't on the panic on the moment as we're still in May, but time will run quickly.
Negotiations do not simply occur during the transfer window as people like to believe. Discussions usually start in earnest during the season. Just as you can be sure that Liverpool didn't suddenly pick up their interest in this guy a few hours ago.

Ed Woodward screwed up big time in his first season in charge. But since then his transfer work has largely been top notch getting in all the players the managers wanted (except maybe Perisic, but Inter were being ridiculous). Surely based on just last season, he deserves some faith.

But people love their panic. And it's bound to get even more ridiculous come the Summer.

JPRouve

Scout
Why are they terrible? They list the positions he can play and show that he started every game this season in midfield.
When it comes to player positions or players description, they are terrible. For example Monaco don't use DMs but they somehow managed to see Fabinho, Moutinho and Tielemans play there.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
The collective bed wetting in here is magnificent. Fabinho is good but that’s about it.

Having lived through a Liverpool team that had Mascherano, Xabi Alonso, and Gerrard in it. The prospect of Fabinho, Keita, and potentially Fekir doesn’t particularly scare me. They couldn’t win the league then, and they won’t now. And that’s even assuming all 3 perform as expected.

Sanche7

Liverpool are going to be strong contenders? So are we! We ain't going to be sitting on our behinds.

JPRouve

Scout
The collective bed wetting in here is magnificent. Fabinho is good but that’s about it.

Having lived through a Liverpool team that had Mascherano, Xabi Alonso, and Gerrard in it. The prospect of Fabinho, Keita, and potentially Fekir doesn’t particularly scare me. They couldn’t win the league then, and they won’t now. And that’s even assuming all 3 perform as expected.
I agree but we had SAF.:(

James Peril

Not really an upgrade for them as he's replacing Can who's just as good....

As for us, not the kind of midfielder we need. Too defensive to play him with Matic, would rather get someone a bit more attack minded.
Fabinho is a huge upgrade on Can