Fabinho | Al-Ittihad player

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
The meltdown is hilarious in here :lol: what is wrong with some of you? We’re going to sign Fred. A far better player.
Fred and Fabinho are different types of players for a start so yea.

And I wouldn’t call it meltdown. More like annoyed/frustrated seeing our rivals make the right moves.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Without fail when a rival team signs a player you can count on many members on this forum losing their shit. They immediately elevate the player to god status and shit themselves.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
This one.

The work on transfers start from day one, especially for a team who need several players in important positions like us, with a narrow transfer window this year.
So you're telling me that United, City, Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal are just sitting on their arses doing nothing right now?

Mister_Stubbs

It's not a race! And I'm guessing you don't know what's going on behind the scenes?
Of course I don’t, no one on here does and if they claim to do so then they are telling porkies.

But surely you get that let’s say for example, we are interested in player A.. at the moment player A’s club wants x amount for him. Player A then has a great World Cup. His club then puts on an extra 0 on the end of his asking price.

This is why we should be doing our business early (if we aren’t already, again I don’t know).

F1D

Bakayoko was all hype, didn’t rate him. Fabinho is quality.

Weird how Fabinho is meh all of a sudden even though we’d be jumping for joy had we got him.

Would go a long ways if people could throw away their bias/hater/homer glasses and look at things realistically from a genuine point of view. No ones saying he’s a world beater but he’s an exceptional player and one that’ll help neutralize the Liverpool imbalances.
I am not saying Fabinho is meh player but people here are overreacting. Maybe you didn't rate Bakayoko but a whole bunch of posters would have chosen Bakayoko instead of Matic last year. No one can guarantee how Fabinho would settle and after all, we can't sign all the players.

el3mel

How do you know when our transfer business has started? Just cause we havent signed Fred till now doesn't mean we wont. Dont be so worked out just cause Liverpool signed a player.
It probably didn't got done in 24 hours, just seems like it from the media. Calm down.
Negotiations do not simply occur during the transfer window as people like to believe. Discussions usually start in earnest during the season. Just as you can be sure that Liverpool didn't suddenly pick up their interest in this guy a few hours ago.

Ed Woodward screwed up big time in his first season in charge. But since then his transfer work has largely been top notch getting in all the players the managers wanted (except maybe Perisic, but Inter were being ridiculous). Surely based on just last season, he deserves some faith.

But people love their panic. And it's bound to get even more ridiculous come the Summer.
The main problem is time. I have no doubts we'll sign some good players as every year, but as I said, this year's window is a narrow one and there won't be much time. 2 weeks before WC, then when it starts no club will be able to negotiate with most players, then one month and it's the start of the season. If we don't sign at least 1-2 players prior to WC, we'll be in a big problem after it, because time will start to run out quickly, especially when we need at least 3-4 players and not just any players, good ones too.

The problem is us not signing good ones, it's when we'll sign them and if we'll able to finish all our deals before the start of next season.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Fred and Fabinho are different types of players for a start so yea.

And I wouldn’t call it meltdown. More like annoyed/frustrated seeing our rivals make the right moves.
It can be the right move for them but not for us. If we wanted Fabinho we’d have signed him. He’s not the oracle he’s made out to be.

Reiver

There's absolutely no need for panic and overreaction at this point. I can only assume that if we wanted him, we'd be in for him. As others have pointed out, he's not part of a world cup squad so it's easier to get the deal done.
Comparing the apparent speed of this deal to our own is pointless unless you know everything that is happening behind the scenes.
The transfer window is barely open, deals will happen.

Camilo

That's...a good signing. Damn. And I think with Keita - who I really rate - they could be a force.. But it'll take them a few months to bed in - maybe next next season will be their year :). But yeah, it sadly might well be. They've done pretty bloody well with fecking Henderson and Milner in midfield..

Come on Jose - the league's more competitive than ever, you have to go for it this summer or forever feck off from English football!

el3mel

So you're telling me that United, City, Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal are just sitting on their arses doing nothing right now?
When did I say that ?

And we need more work than a team like City anyway.

Sanche7

Without fail when a rival team signs a player you can count on many members on this forum losing their shit. They immediately elevate the player to god status and shit themselves.
Seeing all the meltdown, one would think they signed Messi or the Messiah himself!

Ban

The main problem is time. I have no doubts we'll sign some good players as every year, but as I said, this year's window is a narrow one and there won't be much time. 2 weeks before WC, then when it starts no club will be able to negotiate with most players, then one month and it's the start of the season. If we don't sign at least 1-2 players prior to WC, we'll be in a big problem after it, because time will start to run out quickly, especially when we need at least 3-4 players and not just any players, good ones too.

The problem is us not signing good ones, it's when we'll sign them and if we'll able to finish all our deals before the start of next season.
World cup doesn't start tomorrow.
Mate, take a deep breath. :)

TehRed

He'll do really well there alongside Keita. Liverpool making smart moves to improve the squad, as long as they keep Salah and sort the defence out they will be challengers.

izec

At least the Fabinho to United rumour is dead now, Mourinho wasnt too keen on him last summer and it obviously was clear we wouldnt go for him this summer. Surprised he went to Liverpool, was pretty quiet. The good thing is Liverpool heated up the transfer window, cant wait to see who we go for

haram

We have dropped the ball yet again while Woodward is somewhere fantasising about a galactico player. Liverpool now have arguably the best midfield in the PL - Keita and Fabinho will destroy teams next season.

What are we doing for goodness sake. You can always trust Man Utd not to address the gaping problems in the squad. The management is currently Bale-drunk when we should be beefing up the midfield and the full back areas.

This is a big L to United.
:lol:

Dante

Average bang
There is literally zero benefit to completing the signing of a player before July 19th (our pre-season tour). Assuming agreements are already in place, they'll go through in due course.

Fer

Fabinho, Naby Keita and maybe Fekir... That would be a big improvement to their midfield.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
The meltdown from some of you everytime City or Liverpool sign someone is quite something.

el3mel

World cup doesn't start tomorrow.
Mate, take a deep breath. :)
I'll hopefully assume you're all right and I'm just the one on panic. I'm mostly optimistic by nature, but I got pissed off by this news today. Maybe it's my problem. :)

James Peril

What's with the fecking eyes, you have something to say? Can is a very limited player, a slow, nonchalant midfielder with lack of tempo. A decent sideways pass, not particularly good going forward or keeping his eye on the defenders. I am not saying Fabinho is world-class, but he is much better than Emre Can.

Ban

I'll hopefully assume you're all right and I'm just the one on panic. I'm mostly optimistic by nature, but I got pissed off by this news today. Maybe it's my problem. :)
Well I am right. Still time till the WC starts. :)

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Fabinho, Naby Keita and maybe Fekir... That would be a big improvement to their midfield.
They already have lallana, hendo, wijnaldum and the ox. Too many midfielders. Guess they will offload one.

FujiVice

Look at this break! Going to regret not signing this lad.

Bojan11

Everyone keeps going on about meltdowns. But I’d say they are equally the same amount of posts or more about people moaning about meltdowns which is equally as annoying.

Come on @Damien count it.