Fabinho | Al-Ittihad player

AXVnee7

We unfortunately cannot buy every potentially good player out there to stop our rivals getting them. The majority of Utd fans probably know not all that much about either Fred or Fabinho. However I'd say that the average fan is more familiar with Fabinho, particularly because of that Monaco team and the hype surrounding their players. This, and timely announcement is likely fuelling the 'meltdown'.

Admittely I think he is a good purchase for LFC. He isn't any worse than what they already have at the least. However, it is to be expected that our rivals will sign good players (in general - not just in reaction to Fabinho). Expect City to make some strong purchases too in due course.

Our job is to simply make sure we build the better team.

Jonno

Sorry, I was calm and didn't give a feck about this signing earlier, but I just open now and found it done in basically 24 hours ! It exceeds my capacity of being calm. I don't care about Fabinho and I don't want him, but we need to act faster in the market regarding our deals.
Lol, why are you even moaning about our speed in the market?

Mourinho's business in every active transfer window for United has been fast, clear and concise.

People just moan for the sake of moaning.

And the deal will not have been done in 24 hours, it's simply the fact that the media only cottoned on to it in the last 24 hours.

dove

A meltdown because they signed Fabinho? Really? A decent player but that's about it. I am not even sure he is an upgrade on Can.

tomaldinho1

Are the tantrums because we were linked with Fabinho before or just people losing their sh*t for the sake of it?

A player I rate but as a DM, one of the few positions we are well set for. Matic is Jose's No1 and I doubt he'd want a £40m player as cover. Yes he can play RB but Valenica is good enough there unless you're finding a specilaist RB in the elite bracket.

goober88

@automaticflare
I wasn't talking about Moyes. I was talking about the club. The last five years they've done things a bit differently. It would have been easy to follow the blueprint laid out by SAF. I don't see the necessity to change.

I don't see that we needed experience. A good 24 year old could have done the job Matic has done this season.

Why doesn't Ed listen to the fans?
We buy only players who are 29 and older. Why, just why?
He could listen to SAF, who did things exactly as I was saying. Or, for instance, copy Real Madrid. They hardly ever sign players older than 26. He/the club wouldn't have to sign exactly the players the fans wanted, just players in that mould. He/the club would have plenty of room to maneuver within the parameters I laid out. And it wouldn't be a break from our past.

1Manchester

Supports
Manchester City
For Liverpool (on paper at least) this is a good transfer since it means that they have upgraded the DM position on their first team and thus have less of a need to play Henderson. However...

Liverpool are going to seriously challenge for the title next year aren't they?
Personally I feel that Liverpool are 2 Goalkeepers, 1 Left Back, 3 Centre Backs, 1 Attacking Midfielder, 2 Wingers and a Striker away from challenging the likes of City to the title. The problem for Liverpool is that they are not going to get all those players in a single transfer window under Henry and thus the prospects of Liverpool winning the title (assuming both City and United avoid a complete meltdown next season) are not as high as some people think they are.

And as for the player himself; if the guy in question is looking to move clubs to win trophies (and earn a bigger wage), he could have picked many other clubs which would have been in a better position to do that than Liverpool. So for him this is a bad move even if it is a good one (on paper at least) for Liverpool.

haram

Just last year they had the Van Dijk saga and now they are the example of how to do transfers and we’re crap at them apparantly. Everyone is overreacting.

Jonno

We could have finished the deal with Fred earlier before he goes to his national team. It's not really a complicated deal to take time like this.

Anyway I'm not expecting any signings before WC anymore.
How do you know we 'could have finished the deal with Fred'? Were you in the room?

If that's the case, why didn't anyone in world football finish the deal with Fred?.... Nobody did which means it's not a straight forward transfer.

You seem to think our directors and negotiators do nothing all day? Trust me, these guys will be working at least double that of the average full time worker.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
If you don’t see how this improves Liverpool to balance them then I have nothing to say.

It’s not like José rates this guy or anything too or that we were linked with him the past 2 years...
No, I don't see it. What I see is people crying about xy player going to other club, and they couldn't care less about him only 2 hours ago.
I also see something from last year:
Morata to United, Lukaku to Chelsea: Caf: "woow, we get great player, Lukaku is shit, he can only play for team like Everton."
then..., Chelsea got Morata, Caf "damn, they beat us to it. Don't want Lukaku, what the hell is Jose doing. Morataaaa, noooooo"
How did that one ended up?
So many examples, even with our players, remember "Bastian F***ing Schweinsteiger"? Everyone going ape mad out of happiness that he joined us. How did that one went?
Morgan Schneiderlin? Do you remember him, what about Memphis?
Seems to me there are so many managers in here who would do job much better then any other manager in the world. Right... Said. Fred.
Cheer up boys, transfer window just opened, plenty of time to lose marbles. Not the end of world if they signed player.
We'll do fine.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Are the tantrums because we were linked with Fabinho before or just people losing their sh*t for the sake of it?

A player I rate but as a DM, one of the few positions we are well set for. Matic is Jose's No1 and I doubt he'd want a £40m player as cover. Yes he can play RB but Valenica is good enough there unless you're finding a specilaist RB in the elite bracket.
Happens most of the time when our rivals sign a player. They're immediately elevated to another tier regardless of their actual quality.

el3mel

How do you know we 'could have finished the deal with Fred'? Were you in the room?

If that's the case, why didn't anyone in world football finish the deal with Fred?.... Nobody did which means it's not a straight forward transfer.

You seem to think our directors and negotiators do nothing all day? Trust me, these guys will be working at least double that of the average full time worker.
How many clubs are interested in Fred ? Beside, Di Marzio already said we have agreed on the fee for him, I don't find any reason for not sealing the deal off completely by now if this is the case.

Jonno

Anyway, having waded through the spam posts of spoiled children moaning that it's already 29th May and we haven't already spent 200m on 4 world class players....

For the record, he is a good player and will compliment Liverpool well. They will be a good side next season. Ideally they could do with another CM, CB and GK at this level of signing to really compete.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Holy feck that came out of nowhere. When did Liverpool get this efficient?

Gutted he joined them. He would have played backup RB and DM, and been good at both. I know for a fact that most Caftards had him in their teams for this season. I don't know if he turned us down or if we were never in for him (probably the latter), but you can't deny he really adds steel to their defence. VVD, Keita, Fabino and a definite GK signing. Klopp is addressing the right areas. I hope we do, too.

What next? Neymar/Bale to City?

Castia

Great signing for them, decent price too.

Fabinho and Keita in midfield is a massive upgrade.

acnumber9

How many clubs are interested in Fred ? Beside, Di Marzio already said we have agreed on the fee for him, I don't find any reason for not sealing the deal off completely by now if this is the case.
Why does it matter if we sign him today or next week? We haven’t got a game for a while I don’t think.

Son Of Sam

Get a grip!
Lets wait till the summer is over before Passing judgements. Fabinho is a good player but not a world class player. People need to relax.

Also how do you know we are 'Bale drunk', we have been linked with Aldereweireid, Sandro and Fred way more than we have been with Bale.
The Bale comments made all the journos start writing up stories about United wanting to sign him.
Get a grip?
Transfer window opened and United are caught napping again - like they always do. When the storm settles, we would be pursuing 3rd tier players like Arnautovic or Niasse at exorbitant rate. This has been the worst management at the club in years.

We missed out on Keita last season - we got a snail from Chelsea as a DM instead. But for De Gea, we would have finished 6th. United conceded the most shots on target in the top 6. Many of the bottom teams conceded fewer shots than United.
You’d think we have learnt a lesson but we have dropped a clanger yet again by losing an utility player that could have fixed the leaking RB position & the DM position in one fell swoop.

Woodward would promise Kroos & Modric only to end up with a no-mark mediocre midfielder that the parent club can’t be bothered about & we would all be expecting Jose to deliver a title with crap players. The club has lost its vision. No direction in the transfer market, no nous on the pitch.

AKDevil

If United and Jose wanted him we’d have signed him. Good player from what I’ve seen and read but clearly not for us or our manager. No need to get upset about it.

Jonno

Don't you? How about, the player himself would like to play in the WC first? Or does he not get a say in his own career when trying to please Red Cafe posters? How about, the club want to hold on to him until after the world cup in case his value increases? What if various members of his clubs executives, management team, his sponsors don't want him to transfer until after the world cup? What if there is a clause in his contract stating he can't negotiate with clubs until 1 July? There are so many variables potentially preventing a quick and easy transfer. This is not Football Manager 2018.

Oh and in answer to your other comment, it's well documented that City are also interested in him this summer and that he is open to both offers. Don't you realise this creates a bidding war in his salary? Why would he want to pass up the opportunity for an extra 30-40k per week by holding off a matter of weeks?

Rake

Fred is with the Brazil squad,Fabinho is not

Decent signing for Liverpool but hardly the end of the world

reddaz71

Terrific and versatile player,be honest we would have liked him with us but clearly we have higher targets in mind so lets not beat ourselves up about this!

RepardReece

Not really losing sleep over this transfer, but if he does prove himself next season we are gonna regret not signing him last summer.

Jonno

Agreed.

Please can we have an area on the forum where you have to be at least 25, and if you post about a dream you had or how good someone is/ was on FM then you instantly get banned.
I feel like there should be a flagging system whereby immature moaning meltdown posts can get flagged by staff members and posters lose the rights to post in certain forums.

I find myself arguing with children instead of debating with other mature intelligent posters.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Everytime the Caf goes mental over a rival signing a player they turn out way worse than the Caf think.

Remember the absolute armageddon when Bernardo Silva signed for City?

Ban

Get a grip?
Transfer window opened and United are caught napping again - like they always do. When the storm settles, we would be pursuing 3rd tier players like Arnautovic or Niasse at exorbitant rate. This has been the worst management at the club in years.

We missed out on Keita last season - we got a snail from Chelsea as a DM instead. But for De Gea, we would have finished 6th. United conceded the most shots on target in the top 6. Many of the bottom teams conceded fewer shots than United.
You’d think we have learnt a lesson but we have dropped a clanger yet again by losing an utility player that could have fixed the leaking RB position & the DM position in one fell swoop.

Woodward would promise Kroos & Modric only to end up with a no-mark mediocre midfielder that the parent club can’t be bothered about & we would all be expecting Jose to deliver a title with crap players. The club has lost its vision. No direction in the transfer market, no nous on the pitch.
Get a grip ffs. Really. You're spouting some utter crap.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Hmmm that's one of our targets down, gutted he's gone to the dippers though,didn't see that coming at all
Our targets? If we wanted him we weren’t missing out to Liverpool.

TsuWave

good player, could turn out a smart acquisition by klopp, impressive how they concluded the deal so quickly