Fabio da Silva | 2010/11 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minkaro

I do like this boy. Comes on with seven minutes left, and immediately decides he's not only RB, but he's going to play LB, CM and ST as well.

Brophs

The One and Only
His enthusiasm is great. The inability to control that enthusiasm less so, but he'll learn with every game he plays.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
I can see him being our permanent LB in the next few years, and with Rafael and Smalling we have a bright future...

Eriku

And is regularly finishing games now... praps he and Rafael swapped names?

But yeah, loving the impetus of our Brazilian brothers, and am chuffed that Fabio's gotten around to showcasing his talent.

Bright, bright future for these lads if they steer clear of injuries.

Allforone

United could spend £85million on David De Gea, Phi
Thought he was ok, sometimes very good sometimes very annoying, needs to cut out the giving away of cheap fouls, really quite infuriating when you can see whats going to happen and he goes straight through the back of someone when its so needless.

But hes young hes clearly a great talent.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
The twins are great, love their attitude! Fabio might have a future in midfield / wing?

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
Fabio is almost wasted as a fullback, he's too good with the ball.

beergod

Fabio is almost wasted as a fullback, he's too good with the ball.
I love it. He is just as skillful as Evra but far more of a threat in the final third. He will be immense for us if he can remain healthy.

Aint gota Kalou

There's hardly any difference between the two.

Rafael is more assured defensively as he's played a lot more games, he jumps in a lot less whereas Fabio plays exactly the same as Rafael did initially.

Fabio is more of a goal threat and is more versatile.

Other than that I don't see any real difference between the two, certainly not enough to say who will be better.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Rafael, on his day, is still the better player of the two.

Fabio is progressing a lot quicker though. After this many games Rafael was nowhere near as good as Fabio is now.

Actually, they're both older now. So you can't really compare them based on games played. Hmmm... Confusing...

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Was superb today.

Aside from the result, it's a real positive to know we've got a couple of kids who are going to be immense at full back for years to come.

MalteseRedDevil

You'd think Rafael was a bit part player for us when u read comments like this. I don't think we'd start him in so many massive league and champions league matches if he was in any way lacking in composure.
i didnt say he didnt have composure. I just said he had less. rafael is alot more aggressive and can be a bit rash. Fabio's added composure makes him look a more classy player.

Dont get me wrong, I love them both, i would be a pity if apart from their looks they also played exactly the same.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
There's actually quite a bit of difference between the two. Rafael looks a proper defender whereas Fabio is still finding his feet. Rafael looks tough as nails whereas Fabio doesn't quite impose himself physically enough.

It sounds like I'm being critical but I'm not really. Rafael has gotten the game time to 'figure' English football out and his place in it. Fabio seems to naturally be finding his feet still. He does seem less of a defender and more eager to go forwards I must say.

Devil may care

Fabio's development has been one of the most pleasing things this season, I get the feeling he will end up playing a more advanced role as he matures.

Ekeke

lads...even Rafael think Fabio is better than him ;)
In terms of technical skills.

Experience, bravery, determination and the rest all come into it too but perhaps a young Brazillian boy is brought up to value these qualities a little less, even if he's the one who has all of them

Number7

Ret's Slave
Why must we always compare?

We've got both, they're both awesome...enjoy it.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
You can make a strong comparison between the two of them and the Neville's.

Phil was considered the better footballing talent, but Gary got his head down and proved to be the better defender. Rafael, like Gary, I can only see ever playing regularly as a RB. Fabio, like Phil used to, is getting minutes at either full back, on the wing, and potentially CM (played their in the ressies I believe?). Whilst he's clearly got great ability on the ball, especially for a fullback, it's going to be interesting to see what position he ends up in. I've got a sneaky feeling he'll end up in CM like Phil. Doubt he's ready for that role atm, but at some point. Would need to toughen up to become a good defensive/tackling mid tho.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
Want to see them upfront together, mabey last game of the season when the league is ours. I know won't happen though.

Laphroaig

Absolutely love watching Fabio play. And he stayed on for 90 minutes too.
Yes, well done to him! He received treatment twice before 20 minutes played. He's mental, and fantastic. The though of a future with Fabio and Nani on the left and Rafael and Valencia on the right makes me drool. Football.

Alwyn

Got rid of his pee
His Rafael capable of playing left back as his brother is of playing right?
I'm sure he's 'capable' of it. Despite the fact both are naturally right footed, Fabio has been playing at left back for quite a while, and Rafael hasn't really had any need to adapt to the position.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
So pleased for the lad. He's really making an impression on the first team.

Is he a right back then

Status
Not open for further replies.