Fabio da Silva | 2010/11 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Won also a lot of headers. Just not sure if he would be better off in a more advanced position

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
If he gets the same number of games as Rafael next season, he'll prove to be as good if not better than him.
I already think he is slightly better but that might change next week:D

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Was fantastic tonight. I blame his bro for me wanting him to be subbed as soon as he received his yellow.

But very matutre performance throughout, his best for the club IMO

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Was very good, I'm usually critical of the twins mind.

mufcwarm92

Love the twins. Rafael was the first to break through but Fabio has been brilliant lately too, they have such a drive and passion for the game that is refreshing and is great to see.

mr.suave

Class act. The pair of them are just ridiculously talented.

It's amazing how quickly Fabio's come on, he'd barely featured up until relatively recently.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
the experience he's getting now is really good. These are massive games and it's good for the club that so many young players are being exposed to this level of competition. Delighted for him and hopefully his brother gets some more playing time soon as they give us a different dimension.

Devil may care

Very good performance tonight, unlucky with his volley in the first half and had a great driving run through the center that almost set Rooney up, he also won some headers in our box. His discipline after collecting a needless yellow card was good to see.

Widnes

now that he is playing more and more it is putting us in a position where we can rest Evra more next season because he has been playing non stop for years, in some games I would be happy to see the 2 play in defence next season.

Shimo

The best part IMO was some of his headers in the box. Positioning wise he got it spot on. Had a great game but, on another day, another ref, he could have been on a yellow very early in the match.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
I already think he is slightly better but that might change next week:D
I actually think he has overtaken Rafael too, but I thought I was getting ahead of myself a little. Maybe it's because Rafael hasn;t played in a while and we've forgotten how good he is :p

Da Silva twins for Brazil 2012 anyone? :drool:

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I don't get this. Both the twins are great defenders, love a tackle and love a battle.
So does Rooney, should he also play as a defender then? Fabio seems like he has much more in his sleeve than that, and therefore, he might become a brilliant midfielder

Number7

Ret's Slave
Can anyone vsee these lads sticking around for 5-10 years? I'd love it but I fear an eventual move to Spain

Amir

Can anyone vsee these lads sticking around for 5-10 years? I'd love it but I fear an eventual move to Spain
Nani, Valencia, Anderson, too. Rooney won't stick around forever, not to mention Hernandez. Vidic and Evra already as good as gone, as everyone knows, they are refusing to sign new contracts. Not to mention Bebe.

:(

Number7

Ret's Slave
Point I'm getting at is I hope we don't have another Ronaldo situation where we play a huge role in their development and before they've peaked they're on the move. Easy to forget how young they are and how much time there is for them to improve.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
If I wasn't aware who started the game I'd never know who's playing. It's mental how they both look alike and play identically.

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
They are both at a club with other young Spanish/Portuguese speakers I think that helps a ton. And buying just one of them won't be cheap though, probably only Barca and Real that could afford one or both. And if one leaves does the other stay or go? I think Nani will be the next one to go to Spain but in at least 2 years time.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Someone made a good point here: it is unlikely that the twins will play at different clubs, so whoever will buy them, needs to get both of them and both will be worth a shit load in a couple of years. Which means only a hand ful of teams could afford them

Anyone else screaming for him to be subbed off the moment he made that second foul after being booked, which although I didn't see a replay did look like it could have been another yellow, just didn't really want any chances to be taken with regard to him getting sent off

Eriku

Anyone else screaming for him to be subbed off the moment he made that second foul after being booked, which although I didn't see a replay did look like it could have been another yellow, just didn't really want any chances to be taken with regard to him getting sent off
That was my first thought but I caught myself and in the end thought "sod it, Fabio's not necessarily Rafael".

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
I did get a bit worried. The two things holding the twins back atm, they are injury prone and too rash/aggressive at times. But their talent is obvious to everyone.

Valentino

Someone made a good point here: it is unlikely that the twins will play at different clubs, so whoever will buy them, needs to get both of them and both will be worth a shit load in a couple of years. Which means only a hand ful of teams could afford them
well even one of them could be afforded only by barcelona or madrid. And those 2 can easily pay for both. so your statement is kinda pointless.

Widnes

well even one of them could be afforded only by barcelona or madrid. And those 2 can easily pay for both. so your statement is kinda pointless.
they may be able to afford both but will they have a need for 2 full backs when it is going to cost the majority of their transfer budget or will they then look for a cheaper easier option.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
To pay a lot of money for two fullbacks when you maybe only want one is not what they will do nowadays. Plus, both want to play regularly if they decide to leave. So considering all that, plus the money for both, a transfer could be difficult

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Pretty sure they'll split clubs if they feel it's best for their career. But let's just hope we keep them with us for their best years for both our benefit and the twins.

Laphroaig

Ronaldo really damaged our fans. Now as soon as someone is stepping up or breaking through, like Nani and Fabio, fans start talking about them going to Real Madrid. Slight difference here, Ronaldo actually talked about wanting to go to Spain, the weirdo. Nani and Fabio are United players and speculating about them going to Real Madrid is masochistic and unfounded.

Status
Not open for further replies.