Fabio da Silva | 2011/12 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
The loan will be good for him, he'll most likely get at least 20 games with a couple of CL matches, much better than being stuck behind Evra and in our reserves.

humdinger

He deserves a chance at united this season. Other young players have been given proper chances do why not him? I don't think evra was as horrendous as some people make out but do think he shouldn't be a nailed on starter every game and fabio should have been given some more games. Hopefully he does well there and comes back ready to step up properly.

Anderson8

Interested to see how the twins cope without each other.

Could develop them from boys to men.
This is a good theory, I think it might have played a part in SAF's decision.

In saying that, I don't like loan moves to foreign countries.

RyanGoggs

Insists on dating women in public places - for the
I rate Fabio very highly but can't help but feel a transfer to a Premier League team would be much more beneficial to his development, after all this is the league he will have to get used to playing in. It just smacks of us trying to be in a favourable position when attempting to sign players from benfica....

Amir

I rate Fabio very highly but can't help but feel a transfer to a Premier League team would be much more beneficial to his development, after all this is the league he will have to get used to playing in. It just smacks of us trying to be in a favourable position when attempting to sign players from benfica....
I'm just copying and pasting what I wrote in the previous page, but...

Looking at his injuries and the fact he would be considered a relative risk as a defender, I'm not sure why people expect PL clubs to jump at the chance to sign him on loan. Certainly ones who may battle relegation - and that's probably something like half the league fears when the season starts.

The Taurean

looks like a chipmunk
Nothing is so common as the wish to be remarkable.
I don't think it matters which league as long as he gets to play. He has been here for good few years to know how we play, and the chance for regular playtime means he can go off for a year without worry of readjusting back to the premier league.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
He's better off getting Cl experience so he can be ready to replace Evra if he proves he's able to make a sustained run fitness wise. The boy has already played against Barcelona, he's nailed on to make it with us if he manages to do so.

tintedsepia

If the rumours of the Baines approach is true (not saying it is!) then I worry for his position.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
https://twitter.com/#!/_GoncaloLopes

From a portuguese reporter, should be a good move and also pleasing that he's staying in the PL. Let's hope it doesn't turn out like our player loan to QPR.
From what his mother said it sounded like they would be happy in Benfica.

I'm glad he refused to go abroad, not sure about QPR though.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
That's a bit of a surprise.

I hope we have a clause which allows him to be recalled should he not get any playing time, no point in sitting on the bench at another club when he could do that for us.

Ekeke

Good news is they were using Taiwo at left back and he was on loan. So maybe he's the straight replacement for this season

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Cause the loan of Macheda went so well.

Ekeke

Macheda wasnt one of Hughes players. Thats the problem. Fabio being his player, will be in his plans. Lets hope he's not sacked right away as with last time

Damien

Staff
Good news is they were using Taiwo at left back and he was on loan. So maybe he's the straight replacement for this season
That's fantastic. Hopefully it means he'll be getting a lot of games there (I'm sure he wouldn't have agreed to it if he and the club didn't have that promise).

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
Does seem odd. I am assuming that Benfica are in the Champions League and that they will be challenging for their domestic title next year.

Perhaps Fabio does not want to be that far away from Rafa, the bond of twins is incredibly strong.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Strange considering Fabio's mum's comments a few days ago but it makes sense to farm him out to a Premiership club.

Damien

Staff
Does seem odd. I am assuming that Benfica are in the Champions League and that they will be challenging for their domestic title next year.

Perhaps Fabio does not want to be that far away from Rafa, the bond of twins is incredibly strong.
From what I've seen of Benfica's squad there would be more competition there which isn't necessarily a bad thing but do we really want another Evra situation for him? And that may be what came into his head too. From the sounds of it at QPR he'd have a run right into the first team, get to play in the Premier League and get Premier League experience. More Champions League experience at Benfica is fine, and the opposition they play would probably be better but for me it's not made much sense for him to go to another league when there's other teams in the Prem who could do with a player like him.

Damien

Staff
Just looked and they've got Armand Traore who plays there too. He moved on a permanent deal last year, just 22 years old.

Probably better to compete with him than a player who has been playing there for years.

Damien

Staff
If he can't get in the team ahead of Armand Traore then theres probably no hope for him.
:lol: I just thought that myself. The signs are promising the more I think about it. Some of the QPR fans were hoping the Taiwo deal would be made permanent though. They liked him.

Damien

Staff
They might play him at RB
They've got Onouha (25) and Luke Young (32) there. I suppose it's possible that Clint Hill could be dropped, Onouha plays CB and Fabio RB?

Looking at one of the QPR boards that seems to be the opinion of some posters there too.

I think he will most likely be playing LB though and the Taiwo loan will simply not be made permanent to save some cash that could be used elsewhere.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Fabio, if fit, should walk into that QPR team. Good move, hope it's true.

Ekeke

Just looked and they've got Armand Traore who plays there too. He moved on a permanent deal last year, just 22 years old.

Probably better to compete with him than a player who has been playing there for years.
Who they had to switch to left wing because he cant defend. Arsenal's left back when we beat them 8-2, sold right after.

Status
Not open for further replies.