Fabio da Silva | 2012/13 Performances (on loan at QPR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gza the genius

I agree Buttner probably will (or should if he wants to play) go on loan but I'm not so sure Fabio will get much of a chance, I hope you're right though. Maybe Evra's only been used as consistently this season because Sir Alex doesn't think Buttner is up to it.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Slightly scary thought, though.

I mean they are great but two pretty small, mostly attack minded full backs might not be too clever, especially since Fabio is more gung ho than Rafael. At least Evra has some nous and can jump.

That said, I think it's pretty clear that Fabio is better than Buttner.
Rash, bad positioning, too attacking yada yada. I know that's an exaggeration of what you are saying but as far as I am concerned they are nothing kicking on to be two superb fullbacks that we can consider ourselves very luck to have.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I agree.

I just think playing BOTH might be a luxury too far, at least for now... In the bigger games.

I happen to think that Fabio is every bit as good as Rafael.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
I agree.

I just think playing BOTH might be a luxury too far, at least for now... In the bigger games.

Considering Evra currently is the LB and people have been saying he has been fairly rubbish defensively at times, I can't see how playing fabio in that role will change things to much for the team assuming fabio continues to develop. Both fabio and evra are offensive full backs

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Wasn't Fabio supposed to be a very good header of the ball when he came to us?

His quality is not in doubt, people forget Fergie trusted him enough to start a CL final. If nothing else I'd rather see Fabio being used when Rafael gets rested then play Jones or Smalling.

If he comes back next season and remains fit then he'll get games, no doubt about that.

prateik

It'd be brilliant. Da Silva brothers.. and the Keane brothers.
Get Corry back and we'll have the Evans brothers as well.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I agree.

Yep I agreed with that when both them were here and playing at right back but Rafael has stepped it up this season so it remains to be seen if Fabio will. Plus I still think he looks like he's a right back filling in at left back not convinced he's our long term successor to Evea although i hope he is the equivalent of Rafael on the left side.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Evra does not get enough credit. He has had a good season, and not just going forward.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
he's much better than Bosingwa

Amir

Didn't even make QPR's bench today and isn't thought to be injured. Apparently was seen getting in his car and going home at half time.
Might as well continue all the way to Manchester. If Redknapp picks the crap he has on full back and leaves him out, he deserves his relegation.

Still, it must have been a positive year for Fabio. He did play something like 20 games, spent time away from his brother. If he can stay fit I expect him to do well for us as well.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Another brilliant loan spell, then.
It was pretty decent. He played 20 games, which is good considering he's had alot of fitness issues during his time with us. No chance he would have gotten 20 games with us this season. He's also played very well mostly. Arguably our most positive loanee this season, no?

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
It was pretty decent. He played 20 games, which is good considering he's had alot of fitness issues during his time with us. No chance he would have gotten 20 games with us this season. He's also played very well mostly. Arguably our most positive loanee this season, no?
Yep. A positive loan spell for him despite missing quite a few games lately for whatever reason.

Brightonian

For a senior player..? Not a lot of competition. From all the age groups, no. some of the U21s have had excellent loans. Michael Keane is the obvious one.

But fair enough, sounds like i've not been playing close enough attention. He wouldn't have got 20 games for us, so that alone justifies the loan.

Castia

He's had a decent spell, the 20+ games he's played in the premiership this year have done him much better than sitting on our bench for the majority of the season. Harry knows he's only got a few games left now until he comes back to us, with relegation almost certain he's probably looking more towards next season. I hope he comes back next year and gives Evra competition for that left back spot, if he stays fit he should push on now just like Rafael did.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
a) looking towards next season by... playing Tal ben Haim there?

b) if he's there next season I will eat my hat.
You think 'Arry won't stay? Not so sure about that. He might well do just that if he gets the chance - much better situation for him: Some money to spend, a fair enough squad to build from and promotion as his goal. You could find worse candidates for such a gig. He's not a miracle worker but I'd say he's more than capable of getting QPR up again.

Disclaimer: If you mean Ben Haim and not 'Arry in b) I will...grind my hat into very tiny pieces, which I will then sprinkle as garnish over my Sunday lunch tomorrow.

Ekeke

He was one of QPR's best players in his recent run of games for the side, the best in some matches. So I dont believe he'd just be left out without a knock

AlwaysRedwood

He's had a decent spell, the 20+ games he's played in the premiership this year have done him much better than sitting on our bench for the majority of the season. Harry knows he's only got a few games left now until he comes back to us, with relegation almost certain he's probably looking more towards next season. I hope he comes back next year and gives Evra competition for that left back spot, if he stays fit he should push on now just like Rafael did.
He should be in the squad next year. And I bet Buttner moves up to the wing

Giggsforever

I bet my year salery that Buttner will never be moved up the wing. He (Fabio) will be cover for his brother and maybe for Evra. It's good, because then we will not have to rely on Central defenders on the right back when we are not to reliante on strenght in the back four.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Buttner is great going forward for a full back but not really at the level required to make it as a winger. Was probably how he ended up as a full back in the first place.

RonaldoVII

Fergie has revealed that Fabio will return to the club in the summer and be part of next year's squad.

Don't know how many games he'll get with Buttner and Evra at LB and Rafael set as first choice RB with Jones/Smalling available there too but I hope he gets enough games.

LR7

From Adam Marshall's twitter: Sir Alex has revealed that Fabio will return to the club in the summer and be part of next year's squad

Carl

Fergie has revealed that Fabio will return to the club in the summer and be part of next year's squad.

Don't know how many games he'll get with Buttner and Evra at LB and Rafael set as first choice RB with Jones/Smalling available there too but I hope he gets enough games.
If he keeps himself fit he'll get plenty of games.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
I've always wanted to see Fabio on the right wing with Rafael at right back. Mostly for the lols, but you'd also assume they'd have a crazy awesome telepathic link up.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
We will probably be winding Evra's games down now given his age so Fabio will get plenty of games, I reckon.

Carl

We will probably be winding Evra's games down now given his age so Fabio will get plenty of games, I reckon.
Evra's some kind of super human. I've actually given serious consideration to the theory that we actually have numerous Evras all stored away somewhere and when 1 gets tired we just unwrap another one.

Status
Not open for further replies.