Fabio da Silva | 2013/14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dominos

My apologies mate, yes completely agree regarding RB, but the fact Moyes & SAF didn't must mean something..
He was shit in training? It seems this is trotted out every time we want to excuse the manager of doing something stupid. Seems unlikely he was training so well in 2011 to start our CL knockouts but couldn't be arsed from that point onwards..

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
He was shit in training? It seems this is trotted out every time we want to excuse the manager of doing something stupid. Seems unlikely he was training so well in 2011 to start our CL knockouts but couldn't be arsed from that point onwards..
Yes again I can only offer what you can, speculation.... It would still be nice to know the truth, I can't see that he'd be so different from his twin brother as I'd assume they were raised together etc and seemed very close... Not that I'm saying they are the same person, but I would find it strange to know that one really applied himself while the other sat there..

No? I just found it funny.
Ok..

December_16

Now I'm sad :( Of all the players Moyes could've cleared out, why would he have to be on top of the list? :( Wish he was given more chance to prove himself here first.

OJKernow

Wish the lad all the best. Deserves injury free, regular football. It's a shame that we can't offer him that but will be great to see him in the PL still.

Tibs

Good luck to Fabio.

Heartbreaking that he never got a chance but fecking Buttner did.

Hope he becomes a world beater...good luck Fabio! Pogba MkII

Varun

Staff
Good luck to the lad. If he stays njury free, he'l be at a bigger club very soon.

Amir

He had some games for us in the season after that 2011 CL final. We hoped last season's loan would be the making of him. I can't believe he's been so bad in training he didn't merit getting games ahead of Buttner at least, but maybe Moyes decided it wasn't a project worth investing more in. Rafael has made the jump, Fabio hasn't.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
We may well have added a buy-back clause. Not that we ever use them, but still...

jem

It still blows my mind that we can't find a space for this guy. Buttner is awful and Evra is on the downside. Why wouldn't Moyes keep him around. Anyway, no point going on about it. Best of luck Fabio!

Mystry

Friendship is magic
It's such a shame to see him go. He was clearly good enough to at least be a back up for us but for whatever reason that's not going to happen. I'm just disappointed we didn't get to see both him and his brother start more games for us, even just for the novelty.

Shimo

Well Moyes reiterated the need for a leftback as his top priority along with a CM. It really is amazing to think that Fabio even as a backup was lesser of a player than Buttner.

Hope Rafael's last 2 performances have had nothing to do with being distracted with his brother's pending departures Yes, he is a professional but, pros being human and all it's quite possible. Even if it was weighing on his mind, hopefully now that it's finalized he'll get his head back to being 100% focused - at least during games.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
I find this difficult to take in, him and his brother are very likeable characters and its a real shame that it didnt work out with Fabio in the end. It would have been great to see him get a run of games and settle in rather than Buttner but what can you do. Theres no turning back now I guess. Sad to see him leave.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Good luck to the guy, shame he couldn't be a starter for LB opposite his twin.

This should be a bit of a wake up call to the likes of Cleverley, Valencia, Young et al.

When you see Mata arriving to Carrington by Helicopter and talking in awe about the facilities United have and compare it to a picture of Fabio getting out of his car with a walk down to the training ground that looks more like it belongs to a secondary school than a Premier League Football Club, you realize just how far a fall it is from United to anywhere.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Best of luck to him. I really hope he does well for them and can get his career back on track

ricky-romeo

good luck fabio. a shame that he didn't make it at united. was hoping the twins would be our first choice fullbacks for the next decade or so..

westlife4ever

Really like the twins. Sad to see Fábio leave but he does need to be playing.

Still hope he could come back one day.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Gutted to see him go. His obvious goodbye when he scored in the cup put a lump in my throat.

Also, this thread is in the wrong forum :(

Ekeke

Now I'm sad :( Of all the players Moyes could've cleared out, why would he have to be on top of the list? :( Wish he was given more chance to prove himself here first.
Because he's not left footed. The answer is as simple as that. He could have been left footed and half as talented as a footballer, still better than Buttner mind you, and Moyes would have given him games

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
There is no way Fabio is a worse player than Buttner, Moyes has surely taken other things than football ability in consideration.
I honestly think it's because Buttner is left footed. With most of the players we use on the left wing being either right footed or the sort that like to play inside a left footer does offer more genuine width.

Not saying it's a reason I agree with for choosing Buttner over Fabio but that's the only one I can see.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
If that was the only reason then I think it was a stupid decision to make but I doubt it was that simple, Fabio must not have been good enough too for Moyes to stick with him. Imagine we had a player like Lahm (when he was playing at LB), I don't think he would have left despite being mainly right footed.

Status
Not open for further replies.