Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
I was wrong. I thought the Ronaldo thread was going to be this summers "Sneijder/Ozil" thread...but it's clearly the Fabregas thread!!

See y'all in 100+ pages. It's on...:devil:

Widnes

Seen a few places reporting this, really can't see any possibility but it would be a great signing.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Oh no. I hoped this would remain locked in the twitter thread....

...but now it's been unleashed, it is too late.

FABREEEEEEEEGASSSS!

FortBoyard

gets teste with iPads
Supports
Bitter Racism
Won't happen. He wouldn't do that to Arsenal I don't think, he seems to genuinely care about that club. Then again RVP, but Cesc seems less pragmatic to me....

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
And so the Journo reporter chain reaction begins:
Independent article 6 hours ago

5 hours ago givemefootball
http://www.givemefootball.com/345001-manchester-united-prepare-shock-bid-for-cesc-fabregas

5 hours agohttp://epltalk.com/2013/05/13/manch...-arsenal-captain-cesc-fabregas-the-daily-epl/

4 hours ago caughtoffside
http://www.caughtoffside.com/2013/0...or-former-barcelona-midfielder-cesc-fabregas/

3 hours ago 101greatgoals
http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/e...o-sign-cesc-fabregas-arsenal-have-first-dibs/

Sadly I think it's a nothing story, it's all over the papers but no solid proof this is happening. I really can't see any major signings happening without Moyes having a say first, and he isn't even manager yet. When he takes over (Beginning of June I assume?) then I'll take a closer notice to rumours such as these.

simon_xazza

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...blasted-Evertons-David-Moyes-tunnel-rant.html

Moyes said: 'The comments which Cesc Fabregas made to the fourth official and referee at half time deserved a sending off.

'He's a big player for them. I'm not going to repeat what he said, I'll let them tell you what he said.

'They were disappointing comments from such a talented footballer.

'They weren't about any of my players. If he'd said what he did on the pitch he would have been off just like that.

'We all heard it. Why should it be any different in the tunnel?'
Only a small incident a good amount of time ago though.

Enigma_87

You know who
Won't happen. He wouldn't do that to Arsenal I don't think, he seems to genuinely care about that club. Then again RVP, but Cesc seems less pragmatic to me....
Having in mind that RvP was Arse's captain last year and we bought him directly for Arsenal, I can't see a reason why this would be a shock.

On a side note - he plays for Barca(well occasionally) and Fergie just retired, Scholes, Rooney, possibly Ferdinand, Nani leaving this Summer, it would be a gamble for him personally.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
Fabregas was incredible at Arsenal, he'd be the perfect signing for United.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Somehow I doubt this will happen. Even if not everything has been perfect at Barca for Fabregas, we all know how much he wanted to return to his boyhood club. As Iniesta and Xavi age, Fabregas will naturally have his spell as their main central midfielder and I don't think that's an opportunity he's going to want to pass up so soon. I think Barcelona see him in that way too and I doubt they would be willing to sell so soon.

If it were to happen though then it would be perfect. He was probably the best midfielder in the league when he left and he would do now. Carrick has been absolutely fantastic this season, but he's not quite on that world class level to be honest, while Fabregas undoubtedly is. He'd be perfect but I doubt it.

simon_xazza

I give this a 2.5% chance of having anything to it. a 0.5% chance of coming to fruition and I'm going to try my best from constantly checking the thread as I think he would be a cracking signing!

Care_de_Bobo

Not that we actually need a midfielder, at least no one on here seems to think so, but, Fabregas for Rooney would make sense if you consider the fact that Fabregas has been played a lot of the time in a role Rooney would be suited more to and vice versa(though obviously less frequently in Rooney's case. Can't see it happening though, Xavi won't last forever and when the time comes for him to move on Fabregas will be ready to take his place.

No doubt someone will chime in with 'Rooney wouldn't fit in with Barca's style of play' blah blah. I think he could do well there and could offer a bit of directness they lack at times, he's also an aerial threat which I don't really think any of their current players offer.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Fabregas, Bale, Ronaldo.

Just 3 of the players we won't have even a sniff of this summer.

MDFC Manager

Absolutely rubbish thread title by the way. How are you going to get enough replies and views like this? :lol:

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Fabregas & Ronaldo :drool:

Do it Fergie! I mean, do it Moyes! :devil:

Canuckred64

Arsenal are supposed to have the right to buy him back from Barcelona if he is sold. So why would they let United have him, especially if he is available for around half of what Barcelona paid for him.

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
But but but what do we do about Ando's song??

simon_xazza

Arsenal are supposed to have the right to buy him back from Barcelona if he is sold. So why would they let United have him, especially if he is available for around half of what Barcelona paid for him.
They only have the right to buy back at the same price as another club if an offers accepted. Then the players would decide where he wanted to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.