Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.

LR7

We're 'desperate' and 'crazy' according to Mundo Deportivo.

LR7

As pejorative a statement as that is, it's hard to disagree!
Nothing makes much sense at the moment, but I have a feeling that there's a lot going on that we are unaware of (blind hope maybe?), so I'll wait until the window closes before forming an opinion.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Nothing makes much sense at the moment, but I have a feeling that there's a lot going on that we are unaware of (blind hope maybe?), so I'll wait until the window closes before forming an opinion.

I'm not forming much of an opinion before the close of the window either. But, given all the evidence in the form of public statements from Barca and Cesc, it does seem a bit mental that we apparently retain an interest. We're like a very amorous person in a nightclub at 2:55am who won't take no for an answer.

LR7

I'm not forming much of an opinion before the close of the window either. But, given all the evidence in the form of public statements from Barca and Cesc, it does seem a bit mental that we apparently retain an interest. We're like a very amorous person in a nightclub at 2:55am who won't take no for an answer.
But it would only be "a bit mental" if we're wading in blind. We don't know what discussions with Barcelona or Cesc's agent have been had. We don't even know if the reports of another bid are correct! I don't hold out much hope of getting him but lets just wait and see how it all pans out.

Redfighter

Officially gullible
At the secret training camp for United Militia
But it would only be "a bit mental" if we're wading in blind. We don't know what discussions with Barcelona or Cesc's agent have been had. We don't even know if the reports of another bid are correct! I don't hold out much hope of getting him but lets just wait and see how it all pans out.
I think keeping an eye on his appearances makes sense. If he doesn't start the first couple of matches I think a deadline day bid could be on, however that would surely mean we'd hang fire on other deals and likely lose other targets. Not a great idea. We just want them in, NOW!

binary bot
Has Moyes lost the plot? Never heard of announcing a lineup a week in advance.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Why is Iniesta on the bench?

Midweek Supercup match against Atletico. Tata looks like he is already understanding the value of man management & rotation better than Tito did. I like the lineup but Cesc & Xavi rarely work very well together, we'll see.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Cesc was phenomenal tonight. Barca would be raving mad selling him on this form.

Andrew~

Took the piss against Levante. He was everywhere and made things happen for Barca.

Zen

Goddamnit, I didn't think Barcelona would ever find out about the real Fabregas.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
The real Fabregas, terrific in the final third but still had the worst pass completion percentage of anyone in the squad for the night which is pretty much as I have long concluded. He is inadequate for this team playing from a deep position, cannot dictate play and cannot set the tempo of this Barcelona machine...relieved of those Xavi/Iniesta responsibilities, he excels in the attacking third which explains how often he has been played up front rather than strictly in midfield

Yet, he is formidable in that attacking third, even against a terrorized Levante defense. Against a side better at recycling possession and building their own attacks from the middle of the park, Cesc struggles. He's in fantastic form though, clearly playing with a chip on his shoulder which is a win win really. I expect he'll start against Atletico this week but Tata may opt for him as a sub

Ish

Lights on for Luke
The real Fabregas, terrific in the final third but still had the worst pass completion percentage of anyone in the squad for the night which is pretty much as I have long concluded. He is inadequate for this team playing from a deep position, cannot dictate play and cannot set the tempo of this Barcelona machine...relieved of those Xavi/Iniesta responsibilities, he excels in the attacking third which explains how often he has been played up front rather than strictly in midfield

Yet, he is formidable in that attacking third, even against a terrorized Levante defense. Against a side better at recycling possession and building their own attacks from the middle of the park, Cesc struggles. He's in fantastic form though, clearly playing with a chip on his shoulder which is a win win really. I expect he'll start against Atletico this week but Tata may opt for him as a sub
Don't you think his pass completion is the "wrost" of the barca lot because he tries way more penetrative passes? I'm sure if his brief was to play it safe for most of the match from a deeper position, he could do that with a Xavi like completion record? Or don't you agree?

I think sometimes barca lack that "killer" instinct way too much - which is what Fabregas can improve on for your team. Almost like a plan B. But I still don't see him starting the bigger matches, unless they drop Alexis/Pedro and shoe Iniesta in out wide.

Tibs

I'd put a 40-45m bid in for him to see if we can make it happen.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Barcelona would be stupid to sell him, and that is why they won't.

This has all been very annoying, but at least it shows that we are looking at the very best players around and not just buying up all the young prospects to develop and turn into world class talent.

In today's market the bids we made for him were a little bit ridiculous. I reckon we'd have gone up to £40 million had he truly been available. It's quite obvious that Barcelona had a word with us and we were told unequivocally that Fabregas would not be available at any cost this summer.

I tilt my hat to Moyes, bidding for a Barcelona player was a brave move and shows his intentions if nothing else.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Don't you think his pass completion is the "wrost" of the barca lot because he tries way more penetrative passes? I'm sure if his brief was to play it safe for most of the match from a deeper position, he could do that with a Xavi like completion record? Or don't you agree?
Cesc misses even the short little passes without much pressure so I don't agree, no. He's the least technical midfielder outside of Song, in the squad. He needs to play in front of two midfielders, close to the opponents goal. Xavi, on the other hand, he cannot be compared to - Xavi knows where everyone is on the pitch and why his completion percentage is unprecedented.

But despite those sort of limitations, we do see how dangerous he can be when played high up like that although we've yet to see that against elite opposition with any sort of consistency. The onus is on Fab to show he can do that still

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Cesc misses even the short little passes without much pressure so I don't agree, no. He's the least technical midfielder outside of Song, in the squad. He needs to play in front of two midfielders, close to the opponents goal. Xavi, on the other hand, he cannot be compared to - Xavi knows where everyone is on the pitch and why his completion percentage is unprecedented.

But despite those sort of limitations, we do see how dangerous he can be when played high up like that although we've yet to see that against elite opposition with any sort of consistency. The onus is on Fab to show he can do that still
Agrred about the Xavi bit, he's in a class of his own. I guess it's also as much down to Cesc's development as a pro footballer - he spent his formative years in the EPL and not at La Masia, so he doesn't have that same patience as the other Barca midfielders. Oh, & he's more technical then Mascherano as well - but I suppose he's a CB these days ;)

I agree. Only if he provides similar sort of performances against the biggest teams, will he force his way into the starting XI.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
I actually think Barca have found his role, after watching him yesterday. His general passing was sloppy at times, giving the ball away cheaply, but his movement in and around the box was making things happen.
Definitely

Good example of where Cesc is on the pitch with Xavi

Status
Not open for further replies.