Facebook, Amazon etc....

Tarrou

you mean when a scientist making 55,000 working in a government lab cures it and a private company jacks up the price 40 times what it cost to make
ya

I see you've already started reconciling it - great

Red Defence

“United stands for attacking, attractive football
Didn’t know where else to put this.

Very useful thread giving details on how to spot bots and how to stop them following you.

Bear in mind that there are 3 types of account.
1. Good Accounts
2. Bad Accounts (Trolls, Bots etc)
3. Accounts that are bad for you.

Last edited:

Abizzz

the federal government can just print money. it doesnt mean anything.
Only if you're ready and willing to keep fighting wars to make the world use it as reserve currency. The day Asia shifts to Yuan that'll be over.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
https://np.reddit.com/r/germany/comments/b0lvkp/my_stay_in_germany_and_my_3_week_experience_at/
My stay in Germany and my 3 week experience at Amazon and how it (Possibly) ruined my life
Despite my poor German, i managed to memorize the building and it's location. Alt-Mariendorf, Porschestraße. The first day i had an instructor show me how to work as a Picker, a Sorter, and the like. It seemed like an easy job, but then i realized how much they expect you to work. Bathroom breaks are extremely limited, someone had diarrhea at one point and spent over 15 minutes in the bathroom, apparently he got fired for it. They also didn't give us any factory water bottles, and i spent the first two weeks and a half without water. They also provided us with free High-Visibility vests, but they were all size M, i'm way too tall for M. Despite my complaints, they never gave me a replacement vest. A lot of them kept motivating me and telling me how i'm doing great and how i'll rise up the ranks really fast, but i would soon find out that it wasn't the case.

I had people yell at me constantly because i was too slow as a picker, the conveyor belts move way too fast because on average, we need to get 60.000 packages picked and sorted in a day. I could keep up with it for the first few hours, but those safety boots were so heavy and painful that after a while, i'd have to walk around with a limp. And when i'd miss a package, my coworkers would get so angry at me that they wouldn't even try to just show me that i missed a box, they'd just yell at me and literally throw them at me.

Sometimes they'd also expect you to stay for an extra hour or two to help the day shift, which sounds fair in a way, extra money for you. But i physically couldn't walk anymore, and the people that work the day shift ONLY work part-time, so i don't know why they expect someone who works 8 hours a day to go help them. My managers would ask me what's wrong with me when they would see me visibly limping, and i'd say that nothing was wrong, my feet just hurt. I didn't want them to sign me up as sick and make me badge out, because i was incredibly worried about getting fired, i had a feeling that i wouldn't be able to find a new job and i'd get deported.

On the second week, they decided to try out a new method for picking and sorting, usually there would be several people that would be assigned to 3 sections, for example, i'd work on area B and pick up boxes that had numbers ranging from 10 to 16, and i'd have a sorter that would work near me and just pick up those packages, scan the barcode, and then sort it in it's appropriate bag. But on this day, they decided to make it so there's no pickers and sorters, instead they made one person be assigned to 3 of those sections again, but now they'd have to not only pick but also sort. It was madness.

By the time i'd scan one package, i'd miss out on so many that would pass by me on the conveyor, and then i'd have to run to them. Running for 8 hours in safety boots when you can't even drink water wasn't really fun, as you can imagine. To top it all off, i have problems with my right leg due to one of my muscles snapping when i was 17, so i really can't be expected to do a lot of heavy lifting for such a long time. Oh yeah, and that rule about "Don't carry boxes alone if they're over 15 kilograms"? Irrelevant, i had to carry up to 30 sometimes on my own, with my knee problem... The entire ordeal with that new method was so bad, that they had to bring more people to just help us, because literally i couldn't put anymore boxes on the shelves, there were just so many coming that i couldn't get a chance to scan them. There were packages everywhere on the floor, we had to make sure not to step on them.

I ended up collapsing from exhaustion and severe knee pains, so i told my manager that i'd like to badge out because i physically can't take it anymore. They allowed me to, and they told me to bring my Krankmeldung. As soon as i came back home, the doctor was unfortunately off that day, so i just went to sleep. When i woke up, i saw that my manager messaged me and told me not to come the next day, i have an extra free day. Apparently i didn't need to get the Krankmeldung because of that. When i came back to work, i was happy to find out that they removed the new method, apparently it wasn't going well and all of my coworkers were angry about it. At this time i also took the time to read out the names of all my coworkers. Don't take my word on it, but there's only a single German that was working with us that wasn't a manager. 70% of all of us were African, then there were a lot of Syrians, the occasional Pole, Iranian and Turk, and me, and just a single German that seemed like he couldn't take the job either. Most of them could speak English, so i asked them why they're working at Amazon, most of them told me the same thing; Aufenthalt.

I think Amazon is aware about how they treat their workers, it honestly feels like slavery, they know that if you give up you won't be getting your Aufenthalt extended, and they also know that they can replace you very easily. The last day i was there, they assigned me to work as a DJ, to better clarify, a DJ sorts the packages in their respective sections so that the pickers have an easier job. I worked with another guy in that area, but i was sick with the flu at the time, and the conveyor belts spin so fast that i started getting nauseous, and i had to look at them the entire time as to not miss a box. I ended up feeling so sick that i ran to the bathroom and vomited, i physically couldn't take it anymore, i spent 20 minutes in the bathroom until a coworker found me in there, he called a manager and they asked me what's wrong. I answered that i'm feeling really sick and that i can't stand anymore. They told me that break time was supposed to start in 5 minutes, and that i should go back to the locker room during that time and see if i'll feel any better. I spent the entire break in the bathroom, showing no signs of improving. I went back to her when we all started working, i told her that i don't feel any better, and she told me to go talk to another manager that was sitting down near the scanners that they use to badge you out.

Red Defence

“United stands for attacking, attractive football
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-47624326
Devin Nunes sues Twitter for $250 million for allowing 2 parody accounts to insult and defame him. Don’t think we should let this pass without a mention. Who knows, Trumpty may be next to sue. Devin Nunes’s Mom has been banned but is seemingly back and DevinCow is still going strong. So many other (Devin Nunes parody) accounts appearing that it is becoming a tad amusing.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me

what an insane system we have built for the rich. uber is a company that is not profitable and will never ever be profitable.

2016 operating loss: $3 BILLION
2017 operating loss: $4 BILLION
2018 operating loss: $3 BILLION

The Firestarter

Facebook owned services down again. Second time this year if I am not mistaken. For such a company this is fairly unheard of.

Fridge chutney

Their work culture is by far the worst out of any top tech companies. NYT exposed the same but they didn't change anything.
There was a guy on here who used to defend amazon vehemently because his son worked there and "knew more" than RedCafe.