Facts about football that shouldn't be true - but are

Halds

Supports
Liverpool FC
Kaiserlautern once get a promotion to the bundesliga and won the title the next season
Herfolge in Denmark won the league with John Faxe as headcoach in 2000 and got relegated the following season.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
There was once a very funny twitter parody account for Big Sam. Since then hundreds of very unfunny people have tried to make funny parody accounts but they’re all piss poor.

Dorian Gray

Supports
Liverpool

Basically a graphic of goals scored by forwards based on their age. It is crazy how far ahead R9 was till about 20-21. I really believe without his 2 consecutive knee injuries between '99 and '01, he would have broken goal scoring records left-right and center.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Giuseppe Bergomi played in four world Cup tournaments for Italy. Never played a single qualifier.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
Patrick Kluivert and Ruud Van Nistelroy share the same age and were in fact born on the same date.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Patrick Kluivert and Ruud Van Nistelroy share the same age and were in fact born on the same date.
That seems...wrong! They're from 2 different eras in my head.

Though in saying that, Seedorf and Giggs were incredible in both those eras so perhaps it's not so strange...

Dorian Gray

Supports
Liverpool
That seems...wrong! They're from 2 different eras in my head.
True. That is because RVN was sort of a late bloomer or rather Kluivert became established at a much younger age. I remember Kluivert was a star player for Holland in the '98 world cup while RVN wasn't even in the squad.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
Fernando Torres played more games for Chelsea than he did for Liverpool.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
Centreback Ronaldo Koeman had a games to goals ratio of 2.85 over the course of his career, scoring 239 goals in 685 games.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Chelsea is the only club in London to win the CL. London (1) score lower then Manchester, Liverpool and Nottingham on that regard

Dorian Gray

Supports
Liverpool
This one might be rather widely known but anyway - Before signing Almiron for 21m in January'19, Newcastle's record signing was Michael Owen... signed in 2005!... for 16m. Before that it was Alan Shearer... signed for 15m ... in 1996!

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Chelsea is the only club in London to win the CL. London (1) score lower then Manchester, Liverpool and Nottingham on that regard
I think before they won CL, Madrid were the only club to win CL from capital city (among the top 5 leagues)

B20

Supports
Liverpool
Peter shilton made his debut before England won the world Cup and played his last league games in the same season as Michael Owen made his professional debut.

devilish

Juventus has won the league in every decade since the 1920s

Skills

Snitch
Manchester United outside of lucking out on two all-time great managers, are a fairly underwhelming club.

devilish

I think before they won CL, Madrid were the only club to win CL from capital city (among the top 5 leagues)
I think Holland's league of the Van Basten, Gullit, Rijkaard era was a top 5 league

Spaghetti

Mom's
Juan Mata played 82 league games for Chelsea where he was a hero.

He then joined Manchester United where he “flopped”. Yet, in his first 82 games he had a better record for United than Chelsea.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Portugal and Holland have both been arguably a top 5 league in the past. Still should be ahead of France as only 1 French winning team has won the EC/CL.

Benfica won the EC in 1961 and 1962. Ajax won it in 1971, 1972, 1973 and the CL in 1995.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
To score 3 goals is called a Hatrick. Score 4 and it’s called a haul, 5 is a glut. 6- double hatrick, 7- haultrick.

AndersB

Swaths of Caf members are disappointed that De Gea has signed a new contract

Tarrou

There was once a very funny twitter parody account for Big Sam. Since then hundreds of very unfunny people have tried to make funny parody accounts but they’re all piss poor.
a lot of those accounts are run by the same group of lads, I paid them to do a few tweets a few years back to promote my site

once they have a few accounts going, apparently its quite easy to build up new accounts

lysglimt

Scout
Only one club beat United under Ferguson, 5 times in a row - Norwich!

Ramos

True. That is because RVN was sort of a late bloomer or rather Kluivert became established at a much younger age. I remember Kluivert was a star player for Holland in the '98 world cup while RVN wasn't even in the squad.
Yes, in fact he hadn't even made his debut for the national team yet. He also just left Heerenveen for PSV that summer.

stevoc

Phil Jones has played for Manchester Untied for 8 seasons and has somehow survived 16 transfer windows.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
so did Nottingham Forest. Who also is the only club with more CL titles than national championships.
Meh. Back then the gaap wasnt that big any clubs can suddenly win the league. It's harder to do so in the 00s with top 3 teams already established.

Just like the early champions league are more like exhibition cup compared to today

B20

Supports
Liverpool
That cannot be true...
July 1st, 1976.

By the time Nistelroy made his debut for Manchester United, Kluivert had won, and scored in, a CL final with Ajax, played a season for Milan, wrapped up three seasons with Barcelona and internationally played in a world Cup and two European championships, one of which he was topscorer in.

Caesar2290

According to Wikipedia, Laurent Blanc(a CB) has the same amount of career goals as Steven Gerrard.

Dorian Gray

Supports
Liverpool
According to Wikipedia, Laurent Blanc(a CB) has the same amount of career goals as Steven Gerrard.
Most of his goals came at Montepellier where he played as AM. He shifted to CB towards the end of his time there but still was at penalties.

Dorian Gray

Supports
Liverpool
While we are at it, another Laurent Blanc trivia - he is the only player to score a golden goal in the history of FIFA World Cup.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
July 1st, 1976.

By the time Nistelroy made his debut for Manchester United, Kluivert had won, and scored in, a CL final with Ajax, played a season for Milan, wrapped up three seasons with Barcelona and internationally played in a world Cup and two European championships, one of which he was topscorer in.
And yet in terms of better career, honestly I think it's Ruud. Madness.