Facundo Medina: RC Lens 21 Year Old Argentinan Defender

Bojan Djordjic

I can't say I've heard anything about this guy before but my first instinct is that he doesn't look the most physically imposing at just about 6ft. One of the big issues with Lindelof is how he gets bullied in the air so I'd have concerns we may not be addressing our issues if we signed this guy.

Reactions: golden_blunder

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
As someone else already pointed out, he's shorter than Lindelof.

Please just wait until the summer and go all out for Konate.

croadyman

As someone else already pointed out, he's shorter than Lindelof.

Please just wait until the summer and go all out for Konate.
Yeah think unless there is an opportunity to get Torres/Badiashile in January then maybe waiting until the summer for a Kounde/Konate would be the best plan

Okey

Doesn't look great, even on YouTube where everyone does. Are we trying to replace Rojo with as like for like as possible? Our next CB signing should be an upgrade on what we already have. That's what will make a difference to us. Not another squad player. We're stocked with those.

Tarrou

if you watch the video he clearly isn't 5'9"

looks more like 6 feet to me

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Argentinian CB, short, doesn’t even look exciting on YouTube - do not want.

Mark Pawelek

if you watch the video he clearly isn't 5'9"

looks more like 6 feet to me
Officially: 6 foot, 0.4 inches. My biggest concern is pace. If he's not faster than Maguire and Linderof it's nor worth it.

This shouldn't really be in the Transfer Forum. There's no good source.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Officially: 6 foot, 0.4 inches. My biggest concern is pace. If he's not faster than Maguire and Linderof it's nor worth it.

This shouldn't really be in the Transfer Forum. There's no good source.
Really? The links are coming directly from France where he is playing I think from the RMC Sport Correspondents TV channels etc. Its not completely useless and they are saying they have seen us keep eyes on the lad or scout the lad - they may have seen it when they film the matches or something similar.

Last edited:

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Argentina haven't produced a good defender in years, so sooner or later that needs to change but that YT compilation looks rather underwhelming.

Konate or Kounde are the CB's we should keep an eye on.

Mark Pawelek

Really? The links are coming directly from France where he is playing I think from the RMC Sport Correspondents TV channels etc. Its not completely useless and they are saying they have seen us keep eyes on the lad or scout the lad - they may have seen it when they film the matches or something similar.
Exactly what did the links say - that he'd been scouted? United scout half the players in Europe.

GueRed

if he's good buy him. If anything right now we need another body at the back.

Lindelof has a dodgy back. Bailly is injury prone the rest are no good.

The only good reliable CB we have right now is Maguire. He's gonna need a rest sooner or later...

jesskan60

Rc Lens play three at the back so his size (6,0) is not a big problem.
First season in Europe, he's still raw and he's not as crazy reckless as Rojo.
The goal he score this season is a bicycle kick :drool:

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Rc Lens play three at the back so his size (6,0) is not a big problem.
First season in Europe, he's still raw and he's not as crazy reckless as Rojo.
The goal he score this season is a bicycle kick :drool:
So did Haller, still wouldn’t have him

spontaneus1

Hamster, damn!
Is he any good? Sign him.
Even weaker in the air than Lindelof and has been playing in a back 3 so hasn't been exposed for it as much. I would be surprised if Medina was the CB our scouts where paying attention to when in attendance at Lens games this season considering the man to his right playing in the central berth for Lens has been much more impressive. Bade is both younger and one of the most dominant players in the air in Europe this season statistically. He has also shown exceptional ability to pick a good long pass from CB as well as being willing to dribble out of defence when the opportunity presents itself.

Mylock

This guy is not even as good as the defenders we have at present. I'm sure we'll be aiming for better players than him.
Pau Torres would be a great option, has all the requirements and could be attainable in January.

Scholsey2004

I'd prefer someone 6'4. Having said that he's the same height as Ottamendi and looks a quite similar build and style.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Thiago Silva is just about 6 ft as well. Aerial dominance relies as much on timing and vertical leap than height alone.

Ekeke

No I am sure we are ignoring him.

Just because we have been linked with someone doesnt mean it is true. Also how do you scout during a pandemic?
Same way you scout any other time. You watch matches and study data. Plenty of time to do that right now

Alemar

Him being Facundo is a big plus. But is it actually enough to sign him? Not sure...