Facundo Pellistri image 28

Facundo Pellistri Uruguay flag

2020-21 Performances

View full 2020-21 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Would have made more sense for a championship club but I suppose minutes in a top league will be great if he gets them.

Will definitely be checking out some of that teams games.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
This would be a shame. Not that I doubt his quality. However, it'd be conditioning him to play a totally different style of football. La Liga loans didn't help Andreas.

I'd much prefer him to go on loan to another English club or even go play in the Scots' Premier.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I think the most important thing for him is to play games and be at a club where the coach attempts to play a proactive brand of football. Spain's top flight in that regard is good for him and tactically he will likely learn more too instead of going to our second tier. It'll be interesting to see which club he joins and what position they feel he's best suited for with in their setup.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Would have made more sense for a championship club but I suppose minutes in a top league will be great if he gets them.

Well it may be or may be not true. Depends which club in the championship, however if we know there are clubs interested in la liga or seria A already, it´s promising for us, that he´s close to play first team football in a decent division then we may have thought. His grit might make him indespensable where as in the championship he could be one of many players working hard while still ironing out his attacking game.

It´s a nobrainer for us now though. Loan asap will be ideal since James is fair bit more ready to step in when needed and he doesn´t need games, since it´s clear he won´t cut it here and be sold in a couple of years. Pelistri needs to be developed as fast as possible and playign for U23 wont cut it for him especially when Amad now joined the first team..

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
This would be a shame. Not that I doubt his quality. However, it'd be conditioning him to play a totally different style of football. La Liga loans didn't help Andreas.

I'd much prefer him to go on loan to another English club or even go play in the Scots' Premier.
Sorry that's rubbish.

La Liga loans didn't help Andreas because he's not good enough, not because it's La Liga.

jackal&hyde

I think the most important thing for him is to play games and be at a club where the coach attempts to play a proactive brand of football. Spain's top flight in that regard is good for him and tactically he will likely learn more too instead of going to our second tier. It'll be interesting to see which club he joins and what position they feel he's best suited for with in their setup.
I agree. This is a player used to being in the first team so spending his time in the U23 might not be the best thing. A loan to a top league where he plays would be great for him. United while fighting for a title is not a good place or time to get minutes. DVB will tell you that.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Its refreshing that Pellistri is also very eager to go out and get first team football asap. You never get the strong feeling sometimes that certain young players push themselves to get to the next level of competitive football outside of the our youth teams. The criticism is usually put at the feet of the club rather than the player. At some point these guys need to take responsibility for their careers.
Levitt for example seems quite content in still playing for the U23's after coming back from his loan.

Some of these guys need to push themselves out of the United bubble.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads

There's no luxury in deciding who is interested in him for a loan. Rather he plays La Liga than U23's. This was one if the issues for Andreas, he was with the U23's for far too long.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
There's no luxury in deciding who is interested in him for a loan. Rather he plays La Liga than U23's. This was one if the issues for Andreas, he was with the U23's for far too long.
And plus wingers can prosper there too, look at Ferran Torres, he's very similar to Pellestri and did great in La Liga and even better once he joined City.

If Pellestri is good enough he'll do well there as long as it's a decent team.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I think we made a mistake sending him to the U23s at all, I think we should've sent him on loan in summer.
Managed by Emery.:nervous:
Emery's a really good manager, don't like his time at Arsenal fool you.

Irrational.

As long as he plays I don’t care.

Hope he doesn’t get the Chong treatment at Bremen. What a waste of a loan, and that’s how the majority of our loans have usually worked out for promising players with the exception of one or two. I have no faith in the loan system.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Its refreshing that Pellistri is also very eager to go out and get first team football asap. You never get the strong feeling sometimes that certain young players push themselves to get to the next level of competitive football outside of the our youth teams. The criticism is usually put at the feet of the club rather than the player. At some point these guys need to take responsibility for their careers.
Levitt for example seems quite content in still playing for the U23's after coming back from his loan.

Some of these guys need to push themselves out of the United bubble.
Did Dylan tell you he is content playing for the u23s or you’re just making shit up?

He’s being linked with several new clubs for a loan, is that not refreshing enough for you?

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Would be surprised if he makes it here if he's going out on loan tbh. Hope I'm wrong.

Hoof the ball

I think a lot of people are going to be surprised. We all know Diallo is supremely talented but Pellistri has all the tools to make an immediate impact in La Liga. We often get strung up on the false view that if Pellistri isn't dominating in U23's that the implication is that he then will look less than ordinary in La Liga, but really there's no real basis for that thinking. Certain players have a football mind and technical ability that lends well to playing alongside high quality teammates. Perhaps some of Pellistri's ideas on the ball are read and anticipated by better players as opposed to U23 players who don't quite know how to read a game yet.

Pellistri has the platform now to show what he can with teammates on his level.

Fox outside the box

Did Dylan tell you he is content playing for the u23s or you’re just making shit up?

He’s being linked with several new clubs for a loan, is that not refreshing enough for you?
It's really quite funny how people look at a situation they have zero knowledge of and make judgements about specific people. All we have as fans is the odd interview but it's mainly just online hypothesising and people reading articles as of they are fact.

They have absolutely no idea what the individual they tlak about feels, how they act, what their goals or ambitions are, what they are like as a person, how arrogant they are or generally just anyrhing at all.

Doesn't stop them talking about what they think, feel etc as if they know though. Always makes me laugh when people go on about people's ego or what they want, what they are thinking etc because it's based on just conjecture or speculation 99% of the time.

You cna include talking about things they have absolutely no experience of and can't perceive what it's like to make that choice either. Like when people say what people should and shouldn't do with contracts or their career. Like, you're literally viewing this as if it's Fifa or Monopoly and have no way of empathising with some of the decisions these people have to make at all.

It's stunning, the amount of people who have such lack of awareness yet still feel entitled to act like they have some kind of informed opinion.

Fox outside the box

Just the feeling I have. Only time will tell.
What 'feeling' is this? What are you basing it on? If you could provide a bit of a breakdown on what you've seen etc that go into this 'feeling' then that's helpful.

Otherwise you're basically saying "I'm totally uninformed but I dunno, I'll go with the statistical likelyhood that it may not work out and dress this up like its some feeling I have because that sounds more like I actually have a clue than saying 'this is just a wild guess'."

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Can't seem to find any links to Villareal but Getafe would be a potentially good option under Jose Bordalas who plays a narrow 4-4-2 counter attacking style and his team is well drilled off the ball at counter pressing. Pellistri on the right side in Bordalas's 4 man midfield could potentially be a good fit. Theres also at least 4 Uruguayan's already at the club who would potentially help Pellistri settle quickly into his new surroundings.

izec

Hope it is not Villarreal, they are too good and in the 4th place there. He wont play a lot. Rather a midtable side like Getafe or Valencia

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Well it may be or may be not true. Depends which club in the championship, however if we know there are clubs interested in la liga or seria A already, it´s promising for us, that he´s close to play first team football in a decent division then we may have thought. His grit might make him indespensable where as in the championship he could be one of many players working hard while still ironing out his attacking game.

It´s a nobrainer for us now though. Loan asap will be ideal since James is fair bit more ready to step in when needed and he doesn´t need games, since it´s clear he won´t cut it here and be sold in a couple of years. Pelistri needs to be developed as fast as possible and playign for U23 wont cut it for him especially when Amad now joined the first team..
I agree in that any loan in a big league would be good, as long as he plays, just seen Valencia being mentioned, I just hope he gets those minutes as there's no point loaning him to sit on the bench.

My point was that I'd prefer an English loan, somewhere closer to the North to get him accustomed not just to English football but the culture too, he's only been here a few months and getting used to a country is as important as getting minutes.

Either way it's a great sign clubs see him as a player they want to loan, a club like Valencia may not be the best atmosphere for him though, that club isn't stable, so I hope he gets the game time to negate all the negatives.

All about the minutes. Perhaps he’s too lightweight for the championship at the moment?

loans are very hit and miss. I hope they actually want to give him games rather than just as a back up player to bolster their numbers.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Valencia under Javi Gracia would also potentially be a very good move because from what I remember of Gracia in his previous jobs, he wants his wide players to come in field which would suit Pellistri really well and he could then roam in field ala David Silva in the half space (between the CB & LB).

Sea-Cow

Sorry that's rubbish.

La Liga loans didn't help Andreas because he's not good enough, not because it's La Liga.
Haha exactly. On Pellistri, I hope he gets some minutes and continues to learn. He is very young and even if he isn't a starter there, or doesn't get as many minutes as we would like, I still think this could be good. Let him play with different players every day, and we can see how he looks in the summer.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He's now possibly joining UD Almeria. All very cryptic.

Status
Not open for further replies.