Foot: Right
Player agent: Equipo TMA
Contract expires: 30.06.2025
Contract option: Option for a further year​

Last edited:

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Pellistri said:
To join a club with the history of Manchester United is a dream come true. I have learnt a lot at Penarol and I would like to thank them for everything they have done for me. To have the confidence of the manager is an amazing feeling and I know that working with him will be perfect for my development.

I am coming into a squad full of great players who I will learn from every day. Everyone knows that Manchester United is a club that gives young players an opportunity and I am ready to work hard every day to earn those chances and prove myself in England.
Ole said:
Our scouts have followed Facundo for a long time and we believe that he will be a real talent for the long term. Whilst we understand it will take time for him to adapt to the English game, he is capable of having an impact with his pace and ability to beat his opponent.

Facundo has the perfect platform at Manchester United to develop and he has all of the technical qualities and the right mentality required to become a top player here. We are all looking forward to working with him to fulfil his potential over the coming years.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Ability to beat his opponent and fast. Shots fired at DJ

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Well he can’t be any worse than Daniel James.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Expectations are very low considering how he ended up here.

izec

Are we expecting him to be eased into the first team squad right away then?
Yes. I mean he will train with the first team i guess. Be on the bench, play some u23, starting League cup and Fa cup maybe. I dont expect him to be in the reserves all the time, probably a mix

Utdstar01

Seems to have the Messi knack of protecting the ball with his body and using that low centre of gravity :drool:

KW2006

IMO he plays like Mata(from the clips I saw). If Mata can't be our RW solution, not sure he could be.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Maybe a couple of u23s games at first i imagine.
Yes. I mean he will train with the first team i guess. Be on the bench, play some u23, starting League cup and Fa cup maybe. I dont expect him to be in the reserves all the time, probably a mix
I’ll be pleasantly surprised if he makes 20 appearances for us total over the next two seasons.
Thanks all. Just seen some clips on how he plays, and I like his dribbling technique. Hope we can nurture him for a season or two in the right environment, like the u23s, then see him in action more regularly.

MUM

Welcome to the lad. Big step up but he now has Cavani at the club.
Hope he does well for us.

Alemar

Hopefully he starts against Newcastle and manages to score or give an assist

RedChisel

Love signings like this and these are the signings people complain we don't make enough. Must be a big boost for the lad having Cavani here with him to learn from aswell. Hope he gets some first team game time.

Reactions: golden_blunder

MrBest

For 7m, why not. Pressure is not on him. He is not a solution to our problems, would have preferred Dembelle on loan as we need someone right now to make an impact. Our squad is not ready challenge, maybe in 5 years. Good luck to Pellistri though but i certainly am not expecting much from him at the start.

macheda14

I don’t think it’s that easy for him to play for the u23s and come up and play for us. I was reading that Mengi is no longer playing for the u23s because they can’t mix bubbles.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Can't pretend that I have seen much of him. The YouTube videos make him seem like a Dan James who enjoys playing on the right. I can live with that if he produces.

MattyB1986

Doesn't look too bad from the obligatory YouTube clips I watched. Like others have said, having Cavani here will help him settle.

Good luck lad!

marktan

Tbh I like this calibre of deal, there are gems in South America to be found for lower prices.

Hopefully the scouts have done a good job on him, but our record with young signings from South America is a bit patchy

AshRK

I hope he is gradually eased in and not over exposed like Daniel James. Couple of bad games fans would be on him.

Chairman Steve

Nice to know that he's been earmarked by our scouting network for a while. Our scouting for teenage players seems to be pretty good in terms of planning and execution at the moment.

Litch

Pity if he's turns out to be any good, his goal will probably be to play for either Barca or Real....

snowkarl

He looked really poor in those highlight videos that were floating around... they were almost satire-level bad, reminded me of that Aly Cissokho videos that were made to take the mickey a few years ago.

Should be nowhere near the first team, if he underperforms he'll get slaughtered and confidence forever destroyed.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
We just need to have a little patience with him, especially if we have him around the first team. Same with Diallo when he joins. Let's hope we don't throw him in at the deep end, I know they're different brackets of talent but overplaying James as much as we did seemed to hurt his development, I'd rather we avoided that with Pellistri.

Status
Not open for further replies.