Facundo Pellistri image 28

Facundo Pellistri Uruguay flag

2020-21 Performances

View full 2020-21 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Hth, he looks average on those youtube clips (at his transfer thread). But maybe our famous coaching staffs will make him a better player.

tjb

What we need to see if he's good enough to play in case of injuries. Even if he's not, i'm sure cavani can play on the right sometimes, plus traore will come in january.

Castia

I’m all for signing highly rated ‘wonder kids’

He’s 18 so will need time but its good to see us getting potential future stars.

Tony247

When is he arriving in UK. Guess work permit will take time to sort out.

Tony247

Is he quick?
At this moment only guesswork from compilation videos. From that he lacks end product, not fragile, pace is okay not like lightening fast, seems lot more work to do. He doesn't seem to be a finished product and I doubt he will walk straight into match day squad. But hey, when Ole starts james in many dozens of matches so can Pellistri.

Happy to be totally wrong.

SATA

Forlan recommended him yeah? We should hold him accountable if he turns out a dud. To be honest, i am pretty excited with this signing and the Diallo one

lex talionis

The YouTube videos of the boy were not that impressive. But I don’t mind taking a punt, though my worry is that Ed may argue that we’ve now sorted out RW and we end up with another Daniel James while clubs like Everton and Leicester say hasta luego while they scoop up the Europa League spots and we end up with nothing but memories of the Ferguson era for the next decade.

SAFMUTD

2 goals and 4 assists in 34 games aren't exactly exciting numbers specially in a league like the Uruguayan who is not as strong as the argentinian or the Brazilian league, also not impressed by his highlights video either.

Hopefully our scouts saw something Im not.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Hopefully our scouts saw something Im not.
I expect they probably saw a lot you didn't tbf. For all the club's faults recently, our youth scouting has been exemplary. I know nothing about this kid- and that's exciting.

SAFMUTD

I expect they probably saw a lot you didn't tbf. For all the club's faults recently, our youth scouting has been exemplary. I know nothing about this kid- and that's exciting.
Exemplary? Maybe in youth teams. Which is the latest gem we unearthed? I cant remember a single one until Chicharito.

SmashedHombre

Exemplary? Maybe in youth teams. Which is the latest gem we unearthed? I cant remember a single one until Chicharito.
Yes, in youth teams.

Hansen-Aarøen, Carreras, Jurado, Garnacho, McNeill, Pye, Hugill, Kambwala, Pellistri, Traore... there's some serious talent in that lot, and all signed this season alone. United fans should be excited.

SAFMUTD

Yes, in youth teams.

Hansen-Aarøen, Carreras, Jurado, Garnacho, McNeill, Pye, Hugill, Kambwala, Pellistri, Traore... there's some serious talent in that lot, and all signed this season alone. United fans should be excited.
There's a big step from youth to senior football, if half of those players actually end up being starters here that would be a huge success. But until then I wouldnt call our youth scouting exemplory.

Dortmund's is exemplory.

SmashedHombre

There's a big step from youth to senior football, if half of those players actually end up being starters here that would be a huge success. But until then I wouldnt call our youth scouting exemplory.

Dortmund's is exemplory.
Ah yes, Dortmund. Despite the fact we have the most homegrown players in Europe in our squad, Dortmund's youth scouting is somehow better because they signed unknown youth talents Sancho, Haaland and Bellingham. I don't know why some people find it so hard to display an ounce of positivity, United have signed some top, top youth talent and are clearly making a huge effort to revamp our academy and put an emphasis on developing young players.

Scouting the best young talent from around the world is a clear strategy we have implemented since Ole took over. Our youth scouting absolutely is considered exemplary and rightly so- we've put huge amounts of effort and money into it.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Dortmund's is exemplory.
How many players did they promote from academy?

Signing young players for first team (like Haaland, Sancho, Bellingham) is different from youth scouting for academy who will be promoted to first team. In the recent years Pulisic, Reyna. Before that Gotze which was close to 10 years ago.

SAFMUTD

How many players did they promote from academy?

Signing young players for first team (like Haaland, Sancho, Bellingham) is different from youth scouting for academy who will be promoted to first team. In the recent years Pulisic, Reyna. Before that Gotze which was close to 10 years ago.
We didnt talk about developing from their academy, we talked about signing youth.

I dont really count Haaland and Bellingham as they were wanted by everyone, you dont really need a great scouting to know they are class.

But players like Akanji, Pulisic, Sancho, Zagadou, Dembele, Guerrero, Burki, Aubameyang, Reus, Reyna, Gundogan, Lewandoski, Kawaga, Pizckek, Hummels were all signed for peanuts and were or are still key players for them. They didn't even spend 100M between all those players I mentioned. Thats world class youth scouting if you ask me.

Last edited:

SAFMUTD

Ah yes, Dortmund. Despite the fact we have the most homegrown players in Europe in our squad, Dortmund's youth scouting is somehow better because they signed unknown youth talents Sancho, Haaland and Bellingham. I don't know why some people find it so hard to display an ounce of positivity, United have signed some top, top youth talent and are clearly making a huge effort to revamp our academy and put an emphasis on developing young players.

Scouting the best young talent from around the world is a clear strategy we have implemented since Ole took over. Our youth scouting absolutely is considered exemplary and rightly so- we've put huge amounts of effort and money into it.
Akanji, Pulisic, Zagadou, Dembele, Guerrero, Burki, Aubameyang, Reus, Reyna, Gundogan, Lewandoski, Kawaga, Pizckek, Hummels.

SteveW

Well at least he can dribble like Messi.
He actually does. If you squint it actually looks like Messi dribbling. He's a terrific close control dribbler.

Whether he develops anything like the kind of end product is a huge question. But there are positives. He runs with the ball beautifully, seems to take care of it very well and unlike someone like James who's he's being compared with he seems well able to link up with team mates with short passes. So he should be much more effective against teams that sit deep. He doesn't need room to run into.

Time will tell.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
We didnt talk about developing from their academy, we talked about signing youth.

I dont really count Haaland and Bellingham as they were wanted by everyone, you dont really need a great scouting to know they are class.

But players like Akanji, Pulisic, Sancho, Zagadou, Dembele, Guerrero, Burki, Aubameyang, Reus, Reyna, Gundogan, Lewandoski, Kawaga, Pizckek, Hummels were all signed for peanuts and were or are still key players for them. They didn't even spend 100M between all those players I mentioned. Thats world class youth scouting if you ask me.
Maybe it's different what youth scouting means. Usually they are used for academy scouting.

Lewandowski - 22
Akanji - 23
Burki -25
Guerreiro -23
Auba -24
Reus - 23
Piszczek - 25

how is that youth scouting?

SmashedHombre

Maybe it's different what youth scouting means. Usually they are used for academy scouting.

Lewandowski - 22
Akanji - 23
Burki -25
Guerreiro -23
Auba -24
Reus - 23
Piszczek - 25

how is that youth scouting?
It isn't. I don't know where the constant need to be negative about everything stems from. We're pouring a lot of money and talent into our academy, and it's allowed us to sign some top talent. Our U-23s and U-18s are going to be really exciting to watch this season- fans should be delighted!

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Looks good with the ball at his feet, I'll like him to develop into a Deco/David Silva or even Agüero type player, i think he should be developed into a number 10! I don't think he's going to play good at the right wing for us looking at the video he doesn't seem to be good at crossing or shooting, but what i did notice was each time he move into a crowded area either on the right, centre or left wing he turns out of trouble and looking to slip someone through, for me there's an instinctive number 10 and we need to coach it out! Play him either as left winger or CAM, we shouldn't make the mistake of playing him at the right hand side!

Reactions: Sultan

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
His dribbling style is very pleasing on the eye. Doesn't look like he has that super aggressive burst of pace but he keeps the ball very very close. Almost glides with it.

Hopefully we get behind the lad. God knows he Caf has moaned and whined we don't recruit enough emerging talent.

SteveW

It isn't. I don't know where the constant need to be negative about everything stems from. We're pouring a lot of money and talent into our academy, and it's allowed us to sign some top talent. Our U-23s and U-18s are going to be really exciting to watch this season- fans should be delighted!
Agreed. People lack patience but investing in youth can have great outcomes. Our current highly exciting front 3 all joined the club as teenagers or younger for example. As did Rooney, Ronaldo, Scholes, Giggs, Beckham, Best, Charlton, Edwards etc. If you want world class players throughout the team you have to develop some yourselves.

It's an absolute pleasure to watch players like Greenwood and Rashford come through the ranks. I'm enjoying our current approach to the u18s and u23s. Signing very talented players and challenging them by playing them above their ages groups. The u18s and u23s are going to be highly entertaining to follow this season.

BlahRules

We won't see him for a while. OGS said it he needs to adapt to the English league.

Bestietom

Yes, in youth teams.

I love to see youth players arrive. Only question is, How many will make it and stay here.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Not excusing the club for a second for their shambolic recruitment in recent years.

But seeing comments like doubting the player based on some fecking youtube clips and wondering if the scouts saw more than these clips are hilarious.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Do we reckon he'll make the next U23s game? Or will he just go straight into first team squad with the view of trying to make the bench?

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020

The only youth players you have mentioned there the whole world knew about.

Status
Not open for further replies.