Facundo Pellistri image 28

Facundo Pellistri Uruguay flag

2020-21 Performances

View full 2020-21 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infestissumam

What's the general consensus? straight into the first team to be integrated (would make sense since Cavani) or going to be playing for the reserves first?
a bit of both I'd imagine. Training with the first team and get him the odd U23 game to get used to the English game probably.

I love these kinds of transfers. We all wanted a different RW obviously, but both Diallo and Pellistri look exciting ... I prefer these long-term punts to some headless panic buy. Let's hope the boys smash it!

MattyB1986

a bit of both I'd imagine. Training with the first team and get him the odd U23 game to get used to the English game probably.

I love these kinds of transfers. We all wanted a different RW obviously, but both Diallo and Pellistri look exciting ... I prefer these long-term punts to some headless panic buy. Let's hope the boys smash it!
A bit of both makes sense, actually. I also love these type of signings; the unknown quantity of kids with potential is always exciting to see.

The thing with Diallo and Pellistri is they are also very different players judging from Youtube videos. haha

I do like the look of both of them. This Facu kid has real good agility, balance, trickery - looks raw with final product, but learning from better players will do him real good, especially a legend compatriot here as well.

Asides from the rush of the final day, in reflection, it wasn't the worst window we've ever had like some are making out.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
This is a highlights vid of David Silva when he was 22/23 from his time at Valencia. Pellistri looks a very similar player to me and I see him as a central play maker longterm.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
This is a highlights vid of David Silva when he was 22/23 from his time at Valencia. Pellistri looks a very similar player to me and I see him as a central play maker longterm.

It's what Tim Vickery said when asked about Pellestri.

We haven't had a midfield dribbler in a fair while. In fact going beyond Scholesy, I don't recall who was the last

CG1010

Ronaldo went pretty much straight into the first team at his age so why can’t he?
I am sure he will be involved but based on how Ole managed Greenwood it would be some sub appearances here and there, atleast to start with. If we are very lucky that he takes to first team like fish takes to water (like Greenwood did) then he could probably start first team games in second half

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Looks skillful and already see people hyping him up a lot, but I think he will be bullied in the PL. Will be shoved off the ball.
I'm sure the Uruguayan league is plenty physical too, most South American leagues are.

he looks to have good balance and accelerates pretty fast anyway - so people can't really get hold of him easily which is a good sign.

Obviously it's impossible to judge though until he gets here and we see how he settles in.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I found this video which shows his touches/plays in an isolated game. I find these better than "highlights" because they just show him dribbling. I like the look of him, needs to "bulk up" (which is a bit cliche but I think its true in this case):

MrBest

I found this video which shows his touches/plays in an isolated game. I find these better than "highlights" because they just show him dribbling. I like the look of him, needs to "bulk up" (which is a bit cliche but I think its true in this case):

He looks like he has a good football brain, something we have be lacking in recent years. He probably is 3 or 4 years away from making a significant impact, but anything can happen and he could hit the ground running. The only issue I have, he does not have a winger to learn from. We only have James, Rashford, Greenwood and Martial. They have hardly been pulling up trees. The comparison to Ronaldos age is crazy, he had Giggs, Scholes, Carrick, Rio etc all around him to take the pressure off. This boy will have instant pressure thanks to our inept board as some fans will expect success from the start. I'd give him a few years, I thought Chong was ready to step up judging from reserve appearances but he was not and needed a loan. Pellistri and Diallo both may need loans. Great prospects but possibly 2 to 4 years away from being first team ready.

MrBest

Ronaldo went pretty much straight into the first team at his age so why can’t he?
Ronaldo was a very special talent and had a good season in Europe under his belt. He also tore us apart in that friendly. He may have already had a few caps for Portugal.

Smores

I don't really understand why there's always an assumption that such signings go into the first team.

If he was an academy product and had gone out on loan to a comparable league i don't think anyone would say he's ready for the first team now.

Unless he's a supreme talent it's more likely a few cup games and then a loan next season.

Sparky Rhiwabon

I don't really understand why there's always an assumption that such signings go into the first team.

If he was an academy product and had gone out on loan to a comparable league i don't think anyone would say he's ready for the first team now.

Unless he's a supreme talent it's more likely a few cup games and then a loan next season.
He’s being compared to Messi!

CG1010

Because he has gone into the first team.. he has been playing first team game in Uruguay and has deemed by the club to be ready for first team. Like Greenwood

Sweet Square

Might be wrong but wasn't there reports he would go straight into the first team squad after he signed for us ?

Plus maybe it's just marketing not to piss off the fans but he was presented by the club as a first team signing. Most youth players just get a dull tweet but Pellistri got the full package(Write up on the website and graphic).

YAMS49

True this guy looks more comparable to George Best. Some kind of Best-Pele hybrid.
I see a bit of Garrincha in that you tube vid.... plus we need him to have the impact of Ronaldo.

So a Best-Pele-Garrincha-CR7 hybrid, if you like.

Coops73

Looks tidy, can’t wait to see him in action, I’m guessing in the league cup.

MattyB1986

How buzzing must this young lad be? not only signing for United at 18, having the chance to play alongside one of your compatriot legends? he must be on one mad buzz right now haha

Bondi77

According to what it has been said over here, he speaks pretty basic (bad) English.
I guess he can pick it up easily though, I think he is good at both italian and french after playing over there, not every player cares to learn the language where he is playing.
I get the feeling that Pellistri might be better at english than Cavani haha
He probably speaks better English than Sancho :lol:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
This kid’s not coming in with the same kind of overall quality, though. He is also coming from a lesser league. Hope the kid does well, but we don’t need to be comparing him with CR7 in any shape or form.

eltigreFalcao

He definitely needs to grow some hype in the u23 first, is gonna do the world to him will nurture him into the club first, gain some affection, those things can drive the development of a player who is as raw as Facu, actually i dont think there's the needed level to be playing in the PL yet.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
It's what Tim Vickery said when asked about Pellestri.

We haven't had a midfield dribbler in a fair while. In fact going beyond Scholesy, I don't recall who was the last
Actually Pogba is a midfielder and good dribbler too.

YzWayne

Just by Youtube videos alone, seems like Amad is more talented than him. Once again, it is youtube.

Drainy

He definitely needs to grow some hype in the u23 first, is gonna do the world to him will nurture him into the club first, gain some affection, those things can drive the development of a player who is as raw as Facu, actually i dont think there's the needed level to be playing in the PL yet.
People need to realise that there is a pandemic happening. It's not so easy to slip between levels.

If he is coming for first team games he will be in the first team bubble so will not be available for the u23s.

Status
Not open for further replies.