Facundo Pellistri image 28

Facundo Pellistri Uruguay flag

2020-21 Performances

View full 2020-21 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony247

I found this video which shows his touches/plays in an isolated game. I find these better than "highlights" because they just show him dribbling. I like the look of him, needs to "bulk up" (which is a bit cliche but I think its true in this case):

That is slight better version of dan james. The kid needs time. That's why I am bit skeptical he will go straight into match day squad.

Stretender

That is slight better version of dan james. The kid needs time. That's why I am bit skeptical he will go straight into match day squad.
Dan James can use his left foot. Not sure about this new kid.

Ronaldo was already playing at a fairly decent level and had just ran rings around our first team in a friendly.
We didn’t know it at the time, but he also turned out to be one of the best players of all time.

This kid is not going straight into the team.

Greenwood is the incumbent, and he’s not suddenly jumping ahead of someone who just scored 17 goals in his first season.

Would be nice to see him in a couple of cup mY he’s and coming off of the bench, if he does well then he can push for a starting spot. All down to him.

We wouldn’t have promised such an unknown player to go straight into the team.

Dinghy

His touch and technique looks miles better than James.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Just been announced as part of United's UCL squad:

UEFA A-LIST SQUAD
Goalkeepers:
David De Gea, Dean Henderson, Lee Grant.
Defenders: Eric Bailly, Tim Fosu-Mensah, Victor Lindelof, Harry Maguire, Luke Shaw, Alex Telles, Axel Tuanzebe, Aaron Wan-Bissaka.
Midfielders: Bruno Fernandes, Fred, Daniel James, Jesse Lingard, Juan Mata, Nemanja Matic, Scott McTominay, Facundo Pellistri, Paul Pogba, Donny van de Beek.
Forwards: Edinson Cavani, Odion Ighalo, Anthony Martial, Marcus Rashford.

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/man-utd-confirm-champions-league-squad-for-2020#

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Definitely how I see him as well. If he can learn that amazing spatial awareness Mata had, he'll be fantastic here I'm sure.
he already seems tougher, faster and stronger than mata. He’s a solid signing for his age, profile and price. Definitely preferable than buying him off Ajax or Lyon for big money in a few years. I just hope he gets enough games to develop well here.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Definitely how I see him as well. If he can learn that amazing spatial awareness Mata had, he'll be fantastic here I'm sure.
Yeah as @Ali Dia says, he looks more physical as well, so I really hope we see a similar process saw with young lads like Williams and Greenwood (albeit he forced himself in the side!).

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
from the spanish version of wiki, he recorded 10 assists and 2 goals from 14 appearances last season. very impressive stats
https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Facundo_Pellistri
The link also suggests that he was selected in the “Ideal XI” for 2019/20 — doesn't mean a whole lot because the Primera División doesn't boast elite level competition these days, but still a noteworthy accomplishment for an 18 year old in his breakthrough campaign.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's a completely different player to James.
Yep, James is a kick and run in straight lines until he gets pushed over type of player, Pellestri looks like he enjoys cutting inside and playing quick passes then using his agility to skip passed people.

Not really seeing the Mata comparions either. Mata does all his work off the ball where as Pellestri is a ball carrier.

Mr PG

We're finally going for technically brilliant players who are very good on the ball, comfortable receiving it in tight spaces as well and want the ball.

Our current problem is neither of Martial or Rashford are either physical enough or good enough on the ball in tight spots (before Martial fans hammer me, just because he's better than Rashford in this aspect doesn't mean he fits the bill). Martial has skills but loses the ball way too many times when under pressure. Was brilliant when he was younger but lacked fight. Improved in that aspect but he's still not consistent enough but deserves time to show it.

Compare this with Greenwood who isn't completely physically filled in yet but rarely ever loses the ball. Always weaves his way around defenders comfortably and has time to pick the right pass or shoot. He has no trouble cutting in and playing the give and go. Rashford needs space which is why he and James always struggle when teams park the bus.

eltigreFalcao

People need to realise that there is a pandemic happening. It's not so easy to slip between levels.

If he is coming for first team games he will be in the first team bubble so will not be available for the u23s.
That's why I mean giving him a full 6 months in reserves before starting giving him first team time

RayK47

Just been announced as part of United's UCL squad:

UEFA A-LIST SQUAD
Goalkeepers:
David De Gea, Dean Henderson, Lee Grant.
Defenders: Eric Bailly, Tim Fosu-Mensah, Victor Lindelof, Harry Maguire, Luke Shaw, Alex Telles, Axel Tuanzebe, Aaron Wan-Bissaka.
Midfielders: Bruno Fernandes, Fred, Daniel James, Jesse Lingard, Juan Mata, Nemanja Matic, Scott McTominay, Facundo Pellistri, Paul Pogba, Donny van de Beek.
Forwards: Edinson Cavani, Odion Ighalo, Anthony Martial, Marcus Rashford.

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/man-utd-confirm-champions-league-squad-for-2020#
They forgot Greenwood

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
They forgot Greenwood
They haven't, they don't need to include him on that squad list because he's U21 and has trained with the club for the required period of time, same reason Williams isn't on there.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Not sure if he's allowed to play for the U23's at all, but if he is he may get a run out with them to get a feel of playing in England, everything will be new for him, but I expect him to be on the bench initially, and will get minutes from there. We have no way of knowing how quickly he will adapt to England, our ways, the way we play, but he would probably be used to having a bit of rough treatment from defenders. Having Cavani here will be a huge bonus.
I'm not expecting brilliant performances from him initially, just hope to see little bits and pieces of skill, the ability to take up good positions, and having confidence on the ball. Same applies to Traore when he arrives.

NYAS

The link also suggests that he was selected in the “Ideal XI” for 2019/20 — doesn't mean a whole lot because the Primera División doesn't boast elite level competition these days, but still a noteworthy accomplishment for an 18 year old in his breakthrough campaign.
Sorry I know this is a few days old now but that post you quoted caught my eye because it seemed a bit ridiculous. I checked the stats and true enough Pellistri does not have 10 assists in 14 games. Spanish wiki isn’t too reliable apparently!

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Watched a couple of videos that show all of his touches in one game - and he definitely seems to have a good footballing brain. Does it make sense to anybody else when I say that he looks like he could quite easily have been a City signing? Their players just all seem to play the same intelligent way. Looks like a David Silva almost - I'm sure he started off as a "wide attacking midfielder" before he became more of a central player.

Cloud7

Yeah, he dribbled frequently once you'd put a Big Mac below his mouth.
:lol: To be fair Anderson actually was good at moving the ball past players in the midfield when he was fit. He really could have been some player.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Watched a couple of videos that show all of his touches in one game - and he definitely seems to have a good footballing brain. Does it make sense to anybody else when I say that he looks like he could quite easily have been a City signing? Their players just all seem to play the same intelligent way. Looks like a David Silva almost - I'm sure he started off as a "wide attacking midfielder" before he became more of a central player.
Yep, exactly what I thought. I don't necessarily think he'll have the same type of career path as Silva though. For one thing he looks quicker than Silva so may well stay as a wide player. And there aren't many players in the world with the vision and passing ability that let Silva play so successfully centrally either.

Ekeke

This is a highlights vid of David Silva when he was 22/23 from his time at Valencia. Pellistri looks a very similar player to me and I see him as a central play maker longterm.

Looks nothing like him other than both being technical. Silva had vision, Pellistri has pace. But if somehow you were correct it would be a good thing

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Looks nothing like him other than both being technical. Silva had vision, Pellistri has pace. But if somehow you were correct it would be a good thing
Pellistri has vision too and I'm not the only one who compared him to Silva stylistically, Tim Vickery who is the SA football correspondent said the same.

Ekeke

Pellistri has vision too and I'm not the only one who compared him to Silva stylistically, Tim Vickery who is the SA football correspondent said the same.
We've also had people here compare him to Messi and Aimar. Every video is him taking players on while there are good passing options, hes clearly a dribbler

Adnan

Talent Spotter
We've also had people here compare him to Messi and Aimar. Every video is him taking players on while there are good passing options, hes clearly a dribbler
Vickery is someone that has watched him live and says he's similar to David Silva.

Just from watching his highlights it's easy to tell he's a CAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.