Facundo Pellistri image 28

Facundo Pellistri Uruguay flag

2020-21 Performances

View full 2020-21 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

crossy1686

career ending
‘The 2020 Manchester United fan (with internet connection)‘ in you.

Your theory isn’t surprising in the current climate. It’s like a daily competition on who can invent the most negative theories and possibilities with United.
While I agree, I'm basing that opinion on the Glazers asking if we could make money in the transfer market when they took over.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
He'll come on after we score our 4th

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Exciting to see what he can do - think it went under the radar that he was on our bench last night, granted a big bench.

We've been so used to seeing signings of players that we know a great deal about, but the last signing that's similar to Pellistri's sense in my eyes would be Chicharito.

Hopefully we can see a bit of him if we have a good lead - it's a shame that we've got some tough fixtures coming up as I'm doubtful we'll see him get thrown in just yet.

Kaos

Will be interesting to see if he makes the bench on the weekend too if Greenwood is back in the squad.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Will be interesting to see if he makes the bench on the weekend too if Greenwood is back in the squad.
He probably will do, we'll have to start one of Greenwood or Cavani because Martial's still suspended.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Exciting to see what he can do - think it went under the radar that he was on our bench last night, granted a big bench.

We've been so used to seeing signings of players that we know a great deal about, but the last signing that's similar to Pellistri's sense in my eyes would be Chicharito.

Hopefully we can see a bit of him if we have a good lead - it's a shame that we've got some tough fixtures coming up as I'm doubtful we'll see him get thrown in just yet.
I'd be surprised to be honest, especially with Cavani reaching fitness soon too. I suspect we will give Pellestri a while to train and get used to England first. Maybe some U23 matches too.

Kaos

He probably will do, we'll have to start one of Greenwood or Cavani because Martial's still suspended.
I wouldn't say thats guaranteed. Its possible Ole might opt for the same team that beat Newcastle - i.e Mata and James flanking Rashford. I don't think Cavani is ready to start games, and Ole might be equally apprehensive throwing Greenwood back into the first 11.

RedNed77

I'd be surprised to be honest, especially with Cavani reaching fitness soon too. I suspect we will give Pellestri a while to train and get used to England first. Maybe some U23 matches too.
I want to believe he must have shown something in training to merit making the bench last night. Ole usually operates on merit.

AltiUn

I wouldn't say thats guaranteed. Its possible Ole might opt for the same team that beat Newcastle - i.e Mata and James flanking Rashford. I don't think Cavani is ready to start games, and Ole might be equally apprehensive throwing Greenwood back into the first 11.
I don't think we will, Chelsea press very aggresively against us which is Mata's kryptonite. I think we'll do the same 3 at the back formation we did against PSG, we've used it against big teams in the past.

Adam-Utd

I want to believe he must have shown something in training to merit making the bench last night. Ole usually operates on merit.
I think the travelling party was so thin and the bench numbers are pretty large these days, pretty much everybody "made" the bench no?

The fact he's going along for the experience is a good thing anyway. He's only been here like 2 weeks so not a surprise they're taking it easy on him.

ZupZup

I don't think we will, Chelsea press very aggresively against us which is Mata's kryptonite.
I don't think he will play... but how exactly is an aggressive press Mata's kryptonite? He's one of our most press resistant players because he has great control and doesn't shit himself under pressure, or in tight spaces.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
There's a larger bench than normal in the Champions League (12 compared to 7 in the Premier League). We couldn't fill the 12 man bench and had 10 which contains literally every player we have available. Only ones not included were Grant, Bailly (injured), Maguire (injured), Lingard (injured), Greenwood (injured) and Cavani (gaining fitness). Jones, Rojo and Romero weren't registered.

AltiUn

I don't think he will play... but how exactly is an aggressive press Mata's kryptonite? He's one of our most press resistant players because he has great control and doesn't shit himself under pressure, or in tight spaces.
When he was younger he was capable, he wasn't great physically back then but he was better at handling it than he is now. He's at his best against teams that don't put him under pressure and give him time and space, Chelsea won't do that.

ZupZup

When he was younger he was capable, he wasn't great physically back then but he was better at handling it than he is now. He's at his best against teams that don't put him under pressure and give him time and space, Chelsea won't do that.
But other than physicality, he literally has every attribute to cope under pressure. He is one of our most calm and composed players... he passes the ball accurately and moves it quickly. Like I say... he is one of the most press resistant players we have. There are lots of reasons not to play him, but how he’d cope when Chelsea press him is hardly one of them.

AltiUn

But other than physicality, he literally has every attribute to cope under pressure. He is one of our most calm and composed players... he passes the ball accurately and moves it quickly. Like I say... he is one of the most press resistant players we have. There are lots of reasons not to play him, but how he’d cope when Chelsea press him is hardly one of them.
Maybe you're right. I just wouldn't trust him against Chelsea, they have a lot of mobile, aggressive players and I've just always felt he coped poorly with teams like that when they use those players to essentially bully him out of the game. Also, I now realise it's probably not the thread to be discussing this.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Because he isn't someone that can beat defenders on the ball, or run in behind him off it. So while he's great linking things together and playing beautiful passes, a good pressing team can basically bully him into having to constantly pass backwards and sideways because he can't create space for himself.

Although who knows, he's looked like 2012 Chelsea Mata this year so far so maybe the resurrection continues.

RedNed77

I think the travelling party was so thin and the bench numbers are pretty large these days, pretty much everybody "made" the bench no?

The fact he's going along for the experience is a good thing anyway. He's only been here like 2 weeks so not a surprise they're taking it easy on him.
There's a larger bench than normal in the Champions League (12 compared to 7 in the Premier League). We couldn't fill the 12 man bench and had 10 which contains literally every player we have available. Only ones not included were Grant, Bailly (injured), Maguire (injured), Lingard (injured), Greenwood (injured) and Cavani (gaining fitness). Jones, Rojo and Romero weren't registered.
Fair enough, how disappointing.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I admit this one is a bit petulant but, is he even better than A.Gomes?

Lynty

15mins v Istanbul if we're comfortable

Really he's got to wait until Mata or Greenwood are out injured and make a statement during a sub appearance. Otherwise, it's hard to see him getting much game time this side of Christmas.

Of course, Ole could have the ballsack of LVG and just throw him in.

Adam-Utd

he will be playing in the reserve game tonight, will be good to see how he fits in.

rotherham_red

Does it mean he doesn’t make the squad for Chelsea now?
Pretty much guaranteed he won't be, which is fine. He's come straight from Uruguay and he needs some game time to blow off any cobwebs he may have.

I'm hoping we can introduce him against Istanbul as a sub if we're comfortable in the match situation (and if we get the win v Leipzig as well, obviously).

Adam-Utd

Does it mean he doesn’t make the squad for Chelsea now?
Yeah no chance he plays Friday and then Saturday.

They're obviously going to give him time to adjust as playing in Uruguay is hugely different to the PL.

Devil may care

Ole talked about the reserve/youth teams being in a different bubble to the first team so I guess he won't be in any senior squads until after the next international break.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Ole talked about the reserve/youth teams being in a different bubble to the first team so I guess he won't be in any senior squads until after the next international break.
Are there any established rules for switching between bubbles? Obviously he's going from the first team to the U23s for this easily enough, but not sure if it's more stringent to go back up.

Will be interesting to see tonight, at least. Now we're playing well and have options on the right, there's less immediate need to chuck him in.

not sure how it works, but didn’t Shaktar have to call up a large number of youngsters to play at Madrid?

Red00012

Glad he's starting tonight, be much more beneficial for him than watching the game from the bench tomorrow.
What time is that game on ? My dads got MUTV I’ll pop over and watch it with him.

( Sidenote - I will be breaking my countries Corona Virus guidelines but I don’t care)

CG1010

He was in the squad against PSG right?

Status
Not open for further replies.