Facundo Pellistri image 28

Facundo Pellistri Uruguay flag

2020-21 Performances

View full 2020-21 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil may care

Are there any established rules for switching between bubbles? Obviously he's going from the first team to the U23s for this easily enough, but not sure if it's more stringent to go back up.

Will be interesting to see tonight, at least. Now we're playing well and have options on the right, there's less immediate need to chuck him in.
not sure how it works, but didn’t Shaktar have to call up a large number of youngsters to play at Madrid?
I'm not sure how it works either, I was just going off what Ole said in the presser in regards to not being able to give players coming off injuries minutes in the reserves to get match fit due to the sets of players being in different bubbles.

He was in the squad against PSG right?
Yes.

Dudu

Not watching. Looks like we're losing though.

Schnappo

Thought that was a really decent debut from him. He has got great feet and was really excellent at drawing fouls. Could have got himself on the scoresheet tonight too - impressed by what I saw.

Utdstar01

Thought he did pretty well on the whole. Generally kept the ball well under pressure too and coped with the pace of the game well.

Ed9

I think he was very good. Went past players like a knife through butter.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Having players who are great in 1v1 situations is a solid foundation to build from.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
quite obvious that he was playing it very simple and safe. Rightly so. Get used to your surroundings first. You can tell he is gifted with going past players but he has some growing left to do.

Some young Mata vibes for sure.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Personally thought he was good, just didn't see much of the ball in the first half
Typically I only managed to catch the first half. Hopefully someone puts some highlights up of his second half as he was limited first half due to how little he saw the ball.

Adamsk7

Has a similar issue to Donny and Bruno - makes good movement in between midfield and attack, calls for the ball and never gets it :(

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

Was shown a yellow card for dribbling
I'm still in disbelief he got booked for that :lol: even worse when Everton players were behaving like utter thugs all game.

Steven7290

Passing and finishing not too crisp, but beat players for fun with good strength to shield the ball when needed. Probably see him next season.

Red_toad

Was shown a yellow card for dribbling
A thing of beauty that yellow, retains the ball in a challenge where the defender falls against him. I wonder what he thought when he came off the pitch, had a really poor 2 footed challenge on him by Evertons No 5 go unpunished and he gets booked for that shite :houllier:. Ref should be taken for a feckin eye test he was horrendous.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Wasn't afraid of a tussle, which I liked. Could've gone into his shell after the two footer right at the start but kept taking people on. Pass in behind at 3:51 was nice as well. Occasionally held onto it too long and the final ball was sometimes a bit off, but a good first game particularly given he hasn't even been training with them.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
probably for the hand in the face but yeah, they kick him right in the shin, two foot tackle and no yellow card
Actually it looks like he gets a slap in the face from the first player he goes past. Then rides another challenge with his low centre of gravity, only to receive a yellow card. The only explanation that makes sense is if the ref caught the hand Facundo got in his face and some how thought the following situation was retaliation. Either way it's idiotic, but it would actually make sense because that's the type of stuff refs do in the PL all the time. Like when Martial got elbowed and got a red card for his reaction :lol: He wants to be promoted badly this one.

Everton sat so deep he didn't have many chances to thrive. Didn't even get to see him run at full speed. Have to be honest and say that he didn't impress me this game but I think he would do better in the first team just because he'd get a lot more space, opportunities to counter and he is bound to see a lot more of the ball and 1v1's. He didn't look ready based on that game, but he might just be. He might.

khoazany

Not sure I agree with that. Thought he looked good.
Did well on second half but what the other poster said is correct. Just need to look at Williams to see how a first teamers should look like when playing at this level. Obviously early days for him in a totally different football environment so no concern at all.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He looks to have a strong core and good balance and bounces off challenges quite easily - looks more ready for English football than I expected to be honest.

I think a few more reserve games will do him some good, once he's match sharp he will be ready for some cameos in the first team.

Woodzy

I mean, all he has to do is get better than Daniel James in the next few months and then he has a good shot at getting some first team game time.

Status
Not open for further replies.