Facundo Pellistri Uruguay flag

2020-21 Performances

View full 2020-21 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

buckooo1978

only watched the first half but he looked technically very good

seems to glide with the ball

very early days but looks like a very good signing. Expect to see him develop physically too and with his dribbling ability we will have a player on our hands

Zlatans Knee

Actually it looks like he gets a slap in the face from the first player he goes past. Then rides another challenge with his low centre of gravity, only to receive a yellow card. The only explanation that makes sense is if the ref caught the hand Facundo got in his face and some how thought the following situation was retaliation. Either way it's idiotic, but it would actually make sense because that's the type of stuff refs do in the PL all the time. Like when Martial got elbowed and got a red card for his reaction :lol: He wants to be promoted badly this one.

Everton sat so deep he didn't have many chances to thrive. Didn't even get to see him run at full speed. Have to be honest and say that he didn't impress me this game but I think he would do better in the first team just because he'd get a lot more space, opportunities to counter and he is bound to see a lot more of the ball and 1v1's. He didn't look ready based on that game, but he might just be. He might.
Hedging your bets there a bit aren't you? "Didn't look ready but he might be" :confused:

Davie Moyes

I did not watch the game but the vid from the game looks promising I think. He seems to glide across the pitch, has low centre of gravity, good in tight spaces and can easily beat a man (which is probably his best attribute at moment).

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I did not watch the game but the vid from the game looks promising I think. He seems to glide across the pitch, has low centre of gravity, good in tight spaces and can easily beat a man (which is probably his best attribute at moment).
Where can I find the vid mate? thanks

Ekeke

Saw some of the match not all of it. Some neat touches, a couple of nice passes to teammates but didnt look too good for the u23 level from what I saw.

sillwuka

We bought for him £7 Million, that's peanuts in this market.

Looks to have good balance, can shrug off challenges. He will be useful in our cup games and beyond that lets just see.

Hoof the ball

There are certain players that are individuals, and thus they shine brightly in U23's where their individualistic qualities make them seem a step ahead of everyone else, only to find that their qualities are nullified when they face PL quality players.

Then there are players like Pellistri, who have a quality all-round game and their best attributes are in their intelligence, decision-making, movement, teamwork, technique, etc. Such players might not single-handedly dominate statistics in U23 games, but when paired with PL level teammates you find that their ability to step up is much more fluid and successful to the first team.

He strikes me as the kind of player who makes a system fluid, gives as much to the team as he does in his own individual qualities. He's a sleeper, this kid. Wouldn't surprise me if he shocked a few people and took to the first IX like a fish in water.

Hoof the ball

Oh, and one more thing. For those who were worried about him because his physique looked less than physically imposing in his medical.........he looked rather strong last night versus some of the beefy aggressive Everton players, didn't he? Rides a challenge very well.

Irrational.

Was shown a yellow card for dribbling
:lol:

Yet that Everton cuntmuffin number 5 who flattened him with a two footed challenge got away Scot free.

The officiating at the reserves level is even worse than the PL.

EDIT:

The challenge that went unpunished:

Dve

Did well on second half but what the other poster said is correct. Just need to look at Williams to see how a first teamers should look like when playing at this level. Obviously early days for him in a totally different football environment so no concern at all.
I suppose you meant to say that you agree with what the other poster said. However, I´m not saying he´ll be a first team starter anytime soon, but a cameo here and there may not be so far away.

Last edited:

dal

From that showing it seems he has good feet and balance which is a nice foundation.

Leonzo1

Looks very Similar to David Silva in terms of style. If he can become half as good in a few years it'll be a massive success.

Adcuth

He's already quite strong on the ball, can rides challenges. Knowing when to release the ball in the English will help him loads. He's very much in the David Silva model which I'm excited about. Loved him as a player. Can we also find a young Aguero too please.

hubbuh

What an odd little dig. It was his first cameo as a teenager playing for the first time outside of Uruguay. If the hoards of talent in the Portuguese youth are really all that I'm sure they'll be on the radars of the relevant clubs.

Davie Moyes

There are certain players that are individuals, and thus they shine brightly in U23's where their individualistic qualities make them seem a step ahead of everyone else, only to find that their qualities are nullified when they face PL quality players.

Then there are players like Pellistri, who have a quality all-round game and their best attributes are in their intelligence, decision-making, movement, teamwork, technique, etc. Such players might not single-handedly dominate statistics in U23 games, but when paired with PL level teammates you find that their ability to step up is much more fluid and successful to the first team.

He strikes me as the kind of player who makes a system fluid, gives as much to the team as he does in his own individual qualities. He's a sleeper, this kid. Wouldn't surprise me if he shocked a few people and took to the first IX like a fish in water.
Good post. I agree. I think Galbraith also strikes me as someone who will make the step up easier than most others.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
What an odd little dig. It was his first cameo as a teenager playing for the first time outside of Uruguay. If the hoards of talent in the Portuguese youth are really all that I'm sure they'll be on the radars of the relevant clubs.
Literally, as if he’s gods gift to scouting and after one game in the u23s writes him off.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
He's already quite strong on the ball, can rides challenges. Knowing when to release the ball in the English will help him loads. He's very much in the David Silva model which I'm excited about. Loved him as a player. Can we also find a young Aguero too please.
Greenwood can fill that role!

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Like that.Prefer a debut like that than if he went out and scored a worldie or something.Plenty to like and plenty to work on.You can see he's bright and technically very good.He looked a handful for their defenders.

Look forward to seeing him again

Ibi Dreams

Was very clear how good he is at shielding and resisting tackles/press, a very good thing that a lot of our senior players aren't the best at. Looked active and wasn't afraid to try things, some passes were pretty decent and he obviously wanted to try and make things happen. You can see the idea with him, though obviously still far too early to come to any conclusions about how good he can be

Bobski

I can why some have made stylistic comparisons to Messi. His size, running style, smoothness on the turn and how he addresses the ball are rather similar. Hopefully that is not where it ends.

Utdstar01

Looks more direct and quicker than David Silva for me but I can see the similarities.

MattyB1986

Might as well take Dan James place. I'm sure he'd offer more dimensions anyway.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I was the first to make the David Silva comparison (even before Vickery) so i'm claiming credit for that if he lives upto his potential. :D :drool:

But I was impressed with what I saw from him in the 23s. His touch and technique is very good, along with his dribbling and he also displayed glimpses of his vision at times to play people in with delicate passes. He's still only 18 but I expect him to improve on his game further and become a player who will eventually be deployed in a more central role. I'm optimistic we will see some exciting cameos from him off the bench this season.

Blood Mage

He probably isn't ready but would he really offer us any less than James at this point?

Status
Not open for further replies.