Facundo Pellistri image 28

Facundo Pellistri Uruguay flag

2020-21 Performances

View full 2020-21 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
https://www.manutd.com/en/news/deta...plays-first-man-utd-game-as-u23s-face-everton

Williams said, " He doesn't speak much English but he's learning!" :lol:

His interview wasn't half bad though. If he speaks that well already, it won't take long. Kid appears to be a fast learner
I moved to the UK at the same age for Uni. Had done A-level exams in English, IELTS, etc.

For the first 2-3 weeks I could talk one to one with some people, but didn't have the foggiest what was going on when in groups. It didn't help I was sharing my flat with a scouser, a geordie, a paddy and an Italian chap raised in East London.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I moved to the UK at the same age for Uni. Had done A-level exams in English, IELTS, etc.

For the first 2-3 weeks I could talk one to one with some people, but didn't have the foggiest what was going on when in groups. It didn't help I was sharing my flat with a scouser, a geordie, a paddy and an Italian chap raised in East London.
:lol:

An Albanian kid I taught moved to digs in Brixton when he first arrived. His English was pure Jamaican. It was hilarious

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.

In at the deep end mate! :lol:

Highfather_24

Yeah, plays nothing like him.
I’m not talking about physically. I’m talking style of play. Good close control, picking up ball in half space, running with the ball, trying to draw fouls and find killer passes. Very similar to Grealish.

CG1010

Based on video of all his involvements, he grew into the game as he went along. He showed flashes of his talent -- going past a few and a very incisive and well weighted pass. Overall showed good potential for his first game which is all we could ask for.

Inigo Montoya

I’m not talking about physically. I’m talking style of play. Good close control, picking up ball in half space, running with the ball, trying to draw fouls and find killer passes. Very similar to Grealish.
He's more dynamic than Grealish who's very stop-start and slows down play before accelerating.

He's definitely nearer a Silva, picks up the ball through the centre and loves to run at the heart of the defence

Inigo Montoya

He probably isn't ready but would he really offer us any less than James at this point?
So basically you want him to come in over other senior and experienced players in the PL, get the shit kicked out of him for the sheer hell of it.. :rolleyes:

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020

I don’t think anyone would know what the feck was going on in that group setting don’t worry :lol:

BlahRules

So basically you want him to come in over other senior and experienced players in the PL, get the shit kicked out of him for the sheer hell of it.. :rolleyes:
I dont think he said that - he said if he is better than James then should be played ahead now. James went straight into the first team with similar amount of first team experience, its not the worst idea.

If he gets kicked the shit out of then its because of his playing style. He invites tackles and I am sure he had been getting kicked the shit out when he was playing in Uruguay.

Inigo Montoya

I dont think he said that - he said if he is better than James then should be played ahead now. James went straight into the first team with similar amount of first team experience, its not the worst idea.

If he gets kicked the shit out of then its because of his playing style. He invites tackles and I am sure he had been getting kicked the shit out when he was playing in Uruguay.
He did and Vickery himself stated that the Uruguayan league was too physical for him right now. But some posters want him thrown him at the deep end?

HowYouDoin

An Albanian kid I taught moved to digs in Brixton when he first arrived. His English was pure Jamaican. It was hilarious
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Similar thing with a German dude I knew that moved to Canada and didnt speak any english. However he worked in the kitchen with a bunch of Australians and fast forward a year his english was pure Aussie.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He should definitely be in the squad on Tuesday, it's in Manchester and we don't have an U23 game until Friday.

cyberman

If we hadn't f**ked up against Istanbul last time, we could've had a change to play him and younger generation on Tuesday.
How? Thats hugely risking a loss which would have us in the exact same position as we would be with a win on Tuesday anyway?

AltiUn

He really is an exceptional dribbler, his style is very easy on the eye too. Pleased he got his first assist, it was a lovely cross.

spontaneus1

Hamster, damn!
He should definitely be in the squad on Tuesday, it's in Manchester and we don't have an U23 game until Friday.
Not at all, he needs time to settle and their are players out preforming him at youth level anyway that could have the slot instead.

AltiUn

Not at all, he needs time to settle and their are players out preforming him at youth level anyway that could have the slot instead.
Him being in the first team squad on Tuesday wouldn't disrupt his "settling" because, like I mentioned, the U23s don't have a game till Friday. The game's in Manchester so he has plenty of time, not to mention he's already been in one of our CL squads and it did him no harm. There would be absolutely 0 drawbacks of having him in the squad on Tuesday. Yeah, there are other players doing well but we actually need a RW right now, having him in the team will do no one any harm.

AltiUn

I deleted my post because on a second thought you're right about the RW part. It seems we have no better RW than him in the U23?
He's pretty much the only RW we have. Elanga can play there but he's much better on the left. I get peoples' arguments but Pellistri isn't a typical U23 player, he's got a very good amount of first team experience so I don't think we need to be as delicate with him as we might with U23 players yet to face senior football. I don't think he should be starting but I don't see why he shouldn't be in the squad.

Strelok

He's pretty much the only RW we have. Elanga can play there but he's much better on the left. I get peoples' arguments but Pellistri isn't a typical U23 player, he's got a very good amount of first team experience so I don't think we need to be as delicate with him as we might with U23 players yet to face senior football. I don't think he should be starting but I don't see why he shouldn't be in the squad.
Tbh I haven't watched him yet but I heard he's been doing not so well there.

Anyway, you're right. No harm to include him in the squad or even give him a few minutes I think. I want to watch the guy a bit as well. To have an idea of him.

P/s: he's the only RW we have in the U23 :eek: ? What's wrong with this club, why we hate RW that much :eek:??

Last edited:

Inigo Montoya

Yeah I suppose so...good luck to the lad, what do I know anyway !
I’d prefer to go on Tim Vickery’s assessment which was that he’s very talented but it’ll take a while. Once he gets used to the pace of life both football and living in a new country you’ll see a good player.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I’d prefer to go on Tim Vickery’s assessment which was that he’s very talented but it’ll take a while. Once he gets used to the pace of life both football and living in a new country you’ll see a good player.
That’s reassuring...there really should be no rush for either him or Diallo except our recruitment policy. Hey should have 3/4 years really to develop.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I'd agree with this. The talent is clearly there to see but he needs to settle in the new team and new country before he can start to step it up. I could see him being instructed by coaches to not try too hard at the moment but just trust himself and get used to they way the game is played in England.

Mr PG

Technically, Pellistri is better than most of our players even in the first team and I'm talking close control and dribbling to get out of tight situations. Additionally he's quick so even if he struggles right now it is an age/adaptation thing. Eventually he will be one of our better players as he already possesses the qualities you can't teach.

Dan James for instance is mostly a physical player and at his age technical ability is not a thing you can teach so he will always be limited.

Inigo Montoya

Having seen the first teams playing, neglecting right width for hundred of games in this decade...

:drool: That is oddly satisfying. Forgot how "natural" right winger play and keep width.
Before you get your hopes up;he's a more natural CM in the mould of Silva. He obviously likes beating his man and can hit a better cross than most but he'll transition to the centre I believe. Amad is much more likely to occupy the RW in the future.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Before you get your hopes up;he's a more natural CM in the mould of Silva. He obviously likes beating his man and can hit a better cross than most but he'll transition to the centre I believe. Amad is much more likely to occupy the RW in the future.
What gives you that impression?

He has the ability to get the ball from deep and run through the centre of the pitch, but apart from that I don't see any central midfielder at all.

The guys main skill base is acceleration, agility and good dribbling technique. Maybe he'll develop that over time but right now he's a winger and that's it.

AltiUn

He’s never played CM, he might transition but he’s certainly not a natural CM by any stretch of the imagination.

Status
Not open for further replies.