Facundo Pellistri image 28

Facundo Pellistri Uruguay flag

2020-21 Performances

View full 2020-21 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

pascell

Don't forget he's had covid, so that could still be hampering his fitness levels, couple of weeks and he'll be featuring no doubt. Look how long it took Pogba to reach his standard fitness level, plus Pellistri is getting used to another new environment and system.

Bondi77

What is the point of this loan?????
Surely he would be better off playing out the season in the U23s, being put on a fitness program to prep himself for the Premier League and getting used to his new environment and learning the language. Even if he does well in Spain he still has to settle in England.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Seems a bit of a strange signing this one. You get the impression he's nowhere near as rated as Diallo or Mejbri, you don't get the impression they think he'll be a first team player. Not sure why they've bothered paying quite a big fee.

Mickson

Note: I do NOT rule him out of anything. I have seen too little and he's too young. However, I have a bad feeling about this one. Seems like a strange signing and a quite expensive gamble. Have not looked brilliant for the U23 and now on loan without even a cameo so far. I'm not basing this on much, but I just have a bad feeling. He just oozes Deportivo Alaves, which ironically it's where he is right now.

carpy

Puff the magic dragon
Note: I do NOT rule him out of anything. I have seen too little and he's too young. However, I have a bad feeling about this one. Seems like a strange signing and a quite expensive gamble. Have not looked brilliant for the U23 and now on loan without even a cameo so far. I'm not basing this on much, but I just have a bad feeling. He just oozes Deportivo Alaves, which ironically it's where he is right now.
Well this is very concerning because it's not like you to charge from thread to thread with negativity...

Kostov

Christ man, how can you have a bad feeling for a loan when the player has just moved there 2 weeks ago.

Adamsk7

Disagree. I think he’s been really good in the U21’s, at least on a par with the likes of Hannibal. Whether he plays for us or not, he’s got the attributes to have a great career

Mickson

Well this is very concerning because it's not like you to charge from thread to thread with negativity...
?

Christ man, how can you have a bad feeling for a loan when the player has just moved there 2 weeks ago.
Did you just seriously ask how I can have a bad feeling? A feeling is a feeling. It's not necessarily rational. If it comforts you, I had a bad feeling even before the loan.

Disagree. I think he’s been really good in the U21’s, at least on a par with the likes of Hannibal. Whether he plays for us or not, he’s got the attributes to have a great career
I don't think he has been on pair with Hannibal or Elanga, and certainly not with Amad. You have to consider that he's older than all three too.

I just stated my feeling, I didn't say that it's based on much evidence at all, and reading further up, it seems like a few others are concerned as well.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
I'd probably let him make an appearance before writing the loan off. But hey, that's just me.

Hoof the ball

He was good for the U23's. He had 2 goals and 1 assist in 6 games and was the best player for a few of those. It wasn't long ago that people in this very thread remarked at how much better he looked than the age group he was playing in, or how refreshing it was to see him Kanchelskis-like on the right. He was on par with the best players in that group and keep in mind that he's only just moved to Europe from SA.

GoldTrafford99

He was considered a level above our Under-23s, that's why we loaned him out to Spain...

There were options of Spain, Germany and the Championship in England and we left the choice to the player.. he chose Spain.

Mainoldo

Been told by a respected scout that he’s considered not good enough for Manchester United and they were very confused by the signing. There opinion on Diallo was very high though.

I don’t think they will be much to see here folks. Hope he has a good loan though.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Been told by a respected scout that he’s considered not good enough for Manchester United and they were very confused by the signing. There opinion on Diallo was very high though.

I don’t think they will be much to see here folks. Hope he has a good loan though.
Their.

There.

pascell

Christ, getting written off already? Let the boy develop at his own pace, he's moved to two different countries in 6 months, whilst having coronavirus.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I thought he looked quite good for the U23s. Displayed a good technical level although you can see he's raw.

Ekeke

Same reports came out when we signed Fred, that scouts thought he was a nice guy but not at the level of United and they were confused by it. So he may yet play plenty of games for us in the long term

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Same reports came out when we signed Fred, that scouts thought he was a nice guy but not at the level of United and they were confused by it. So he may yet play plenty of games for us in the long term
Sounds like our signings aren't always based on scout reports (which would surely surprise no one) and the scouts protest by being "confused".

That was Rooney's go to press leak, wasn't it? "Angry and confused".

Egos => circus. That's Disneyland for you.

tomaldinho1

I hope he wasn't a United scout :wenger:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
What is the point of this loan?????
Surely he would be better off playing out the season in the U23s, being put on a fitness program to prep himself for the Premier League and getting used to his new environment and learning the language. Even if he does well in Spain he still has to settle in England.
I guess he felt more comfortable going to Spain coming straight from Uruguay to England. I personally think Brugge would’ve been a really good loan for him, where Chong has ended up funnily enough.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Not really surprised by how this one has turned out so far. Always thought he was odds against him ever making 10 appearances for us even.

Ekeke

Not really surprised by how this one has turned out so far. Always thought he was odds against him ever making 10 appearances for us even.
I'll go ahead and suggest he makes more than the 12 appearances Chong made for us in the league and europe, let alone cup. But I still suspect it'll be less than 20

Bondi77

I guess he felt more comfortable going to Spain coming straight from Uruguay to England. I personally think Brugge would’ve been a really good loan for him, where Chong has ended up funnily enough.
If he is going to be successful at Utd he has to acclimatise to English conditions so he should be doing it now. He may as well have stayed in Uruguay for the season because at least he would be playing every week.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
If he is going to be successful at Utd he has to acclimatise to English conditions so he should be doing it now. He may as well have stayed in Uruguay for the season because at least he would be playing every week.
It's not like the club told him he'll be involved in first team games and didn't allow him to stay at Uruguay for the whole season, oh wait...

Bondi77

It's not like the club told him he'll be involved in first team games and didn't allow him to stay at Uruguay for the whole season, oh wait...
I missed the bit when Ole said he would be involved in first team games. All I heard and read was that he would be integrated into the club slowly and I took that as U23 football and acclimatising and learning the lingo......pretty hard to do that in Spain.

BlahRules

Why did we send to a team that is too shit to even use Pellistri? I doubt he will do anything of note this season.

DevTheRed

Why did we send to a team that is too shit to even use Pellistri? I doubt he will do anything of note this season.
I agree, very strange decision to send him there. Just when we were starting to look better with loan decisions with the Garner, Chong and Laird deals too!

Status
Not open for further replies.