Facundo Pellistri image 28

Facundo Pellistri Uruguay flag

2020-21 Performances

View full 2020-21 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Alaves are chasing shadows but it's way to early to pass judgement on this loan yet.

Adcuth

I don't doubt staying in the under 23's would have been better for him

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Pellistri showed good pace and ball control to beat Monreal to the ball from a long ball over the top and retain possession for Alaves. He then gets on the ball again just outside the box and drives towards goal playing a one two with his team mate but the return pass is cut out. Pellistri looking lively in the last few minutes.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Full-time 4-0 and Pellistri played over 30 minutes. Hardly got a touch in the first 25 minutes with Alaves mostly going down their left flank. But in the last 5 minutes he got on the ball and looked lively and tried driving the team forward. Good close control and dribbling on display in the closing minutes and I hope he's given a start in the next game.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Pellistri chose to go to Alaves, the club didn't force him to go there over the other interested teams. But people shouldn't jump to conclusions just yet because this might end up being a good loan for him. Pellistri showed more in the last 5 minutes than the rest of the Alaves players in attack did in the last 30 minutes, so hopefully that will put him into contention to start the next game.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Pellistri chose to go to Alaves, the club didn't force him to go there over the other interested teams. But people shouldn't jump to conclusions just yet because this might end up being a good loan for him. Pellistri showed more in the last 5 minutes than the rest of the Alaves players in attack did in the last 30 minutes, so hopefully that will put him into contention to start the next game.
Thanks for the update btw

Based Adnan

You have to question the idea of letting players pick their loan destinations. Januzaj to Dortmund another questionable one.

No doubt he would have gotten way more minutes so far in the Belgian league albeit at a lower level. Not a wasted loan just yet as he could still turn it around but early signs aren't great.

Ekeke

It hasnt been a good start thats for sure, but this will be a mental check for him that could help him grow. Going to a lower team and not playing right away gives him a gut test that he wouldnt otherwise have and it'll be good to see if he's professional and determined enough to make the most of his time there. Even if he does make it here he wont just have highs in his career, he'll have lows too and he'll have to come back from them. Lingard is an example of a player that has struggled to play well and come back from poor performances and periods of form

Drainy

You have to question the idea of letting players pick their loan destinations. Januzaj to Dortmund another questionable one.

No doubt he would have gotten way more minutes so far in the Belgian league albeit at a lower level. Not a wasted loan just yet as he could still turn it around but early signs aren't great.
1) its early days
2) we can and do advise them which clubs we think are best fits
3) players aren't slaves to be forced where we want them

Based Adnan

1) its early days
2) we can and do advise them which clubs we think are best fits
3) players aren't slaves to be forced where we want them
1. I literally mentioned it's early and he can still turn it around
2. Hence why I mentioned the Belgian league as the club wanted him to go to Club Brugge
3. Hadn't thought of it this way before, thank you

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Strange loan. Considering we basically immediately promoted Amad it's not like he was going to struggle for minutes in the U23s and he was actually playing.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Strange loan. Considering we basically immediately promoted Amad it's not like he was going to struggle for minutes in the U23s and he was actually playing.
It was indeed. Think the language was the key here. Familiarity with that and a similar culture to Uruguay maybe. It must have appealed to him too or he would have stayed here and found a loan in the championship or div 1. Don’t believe for a second that he wouldn’t have found a club

kundalini

Played 45 mins. Completed 11 out of 14 passes. 1 off-target shot from distance after a corner. 1 dribble. 4 successful tackles out of 5 tackles attempted. Dispossessed twice.

Alaves lost 0-1. Just 4 shots to 6 for Osasuna

30 teenagers have featured in La Liga this season. Pellistri already has more mins than 11 of them. Another 7 are within 120 mins of him. Leaving 11 who have played a lot more than him.

I see this loan as an attempt to set up a full season La Liga loan next season, in which he would hope to get a fair number of starts. Then the year after that, look to put together decent goals + assists numbers. Returning to United when he has demonstrated an ability to have an impact on matches at this level.

Last edited:

Hoof the ball

It's difficult to gauge anything with these types of loans. An inexperienced player from South America playing in a team of players who lack quality and will probably have poorer movement, leading to Facundo making more mistakes as he finds his passing options limited.

Bertie Wooster

It was indeed. Think the language was the key here. Familiarity with that and a similar culture to Uruguay maybe. It must have appealed to him too or he would have stayed here and found a loan in the championship or div 1. Don’t believe for a second that he wouldn’t have found a club
League One surely wasn't an option for him?

He was already a first teamer in one of Uruguay's biggest clubs and has joined one of the biggest clubs in the world for a decent fee and now been loaned to a team in La Liga - one of the strongest leagues in the world. I can't see him, as an alternative, going to MK Dons or Swindon like the inexperienced Laird and Kovar.

A decent championship club might have been better, to help acclimatise to the English game and language. But if being in a Spanish environment will help him off the field while he gets game time and adjusts to the European game then that's not a bad loan either.

We can see how much he's adjusted in pre-season and he can always get a championship / lower PL loan then if it's deemed necessary.

Caesar2290

I have to agree with this. It’s unlikely that loan spells to downward spiraling clubs ever works out well for the player out on loan.
For defensive players that is the ideal condition. You get lots and lots of high octane action. Just look at Garner.

For attacking players, not so much since these times rarely have extended periods of possession. Though I do feel it might benefit certain players improve their decision making since you don't get a lot of the ball and you have to make every second on the ball count.

Bondi77

League One surely wasn't an option for him?

He was already a first teamer in one of Uruguay's biggest clubs and has joined one of the biggest clubs in the world for a decent fee and now been loaned to a team in La Liga - one of the strongest leagues in the world. I can't see him, as an alternative, going to MK Dons or Swindon like the inexperienced Laird and Kovar.

A decent championship club might have been better, to help acclimatise to the English game and language. But if being in a Spanish environment will help him off the field while he gets game time and adjusts to the European game then that's not a bad loan either.

We can see how much he's adjusted in pre-season and he can always get a championship / lower PL loan then if it's deemed necessary.
Some very good points mate

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Meh....I just don’t see it with this one.....might sound harsh but he won’t make it as a first team player at United.
Way too early to be making any kind of predictions like that. He's played, what, 5-7 games for us? On early evidence he looks extremely technically gifted but very raw.

Ekeke

Came off the bench on 46 minutes and won 4 tackles. Our new DM!

He had a dribble and won 2 freekicks

SplitzMagic

He's basically come as a package for us to sign cavani. Nothing else.

Can see loan after loan with this one.

He'll be known as a decent player that started off with us.

His signing just seems odd, like Cavanis agent begged us to sign him to bring him to Europe.

Last edited:

dinostar77

He'll be fine and make the first team at Utd eventually. Just a promising kid learning his trade. The lack of patience on RedCafe reminds me of millionaires who know nothing about football, take over a club and want instant success i.e. not living in reality.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
He'll be fine and make the first team at Utd eventually. Just a promising kid learning his trade. The lack of patience on RedCafe reminds me of millionaires who know nothing about football, take over a club and want instant success i.e. not living in reality.
It’s not a lack of patience on my behalf, it’s an observation. I’m looking at his level of ability, I don’t think he’s good enough to become a Manchester United player. Very few make it, tends to be either versatile players for the squad, solid defenders or extremely talented attacking players.

If I’m wrong no problem.

pascell

He's basically come as a package for us to sign cavani. Nothing else.

Can see loan after loan with this one.

He'll be known as a decent player that started off with us.

His signing just seems odd, like Cavanis agent begged us to sign him to bring him to Europe.
I'm sorry but this is I don't agree with at all, plenty of clubs after him when we signed him, Lyon were close to snapping him up.

The agent and nationality thing you've put two and two together and got five I'm afraid. Cavani is represented by his brother, Pellistri is represented by Equipo TMA.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Meh....I just don’t see it with this one.....might sound harsh but he won’t make it as a first team player at United.
Bit mad judging him off that highlight video or anything else he has done since he signed.

macheda14

If I’m wrong no problem.
This is unfair though. If you’re wrong you won’t care about hearing ‘I told you so’ because you’ll be watching a new good player play for United. If we’re wrong we have to hear ‘I told you so’ as well as having a Facundo shaped void in our hopeful hearts. If he makes more than 50 apps for United you have to eat a worm. If he has more than 20 goal contributions you have to eat two worms.

Status
Not open for further replies.