Facundo Pellistri image 28

Facundo Pellistri Uruguay flag

2020-21 Performances

View full 2020-21 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sea-Cow

Thats good to hear. And he looks like a child in those pictures. For some reason I thought he went on loan in the Spanish second division, so this has been very surprising. Good on him. Hopefullly he can be our new Mata.

I was going to say David Silva but that is probably a step too far. Shit, even Mata would be aspirational.

Ok, now I'm back to pessimistic and hoping he can be anything at all positive for us.

izec

Good to read. I would loan him out to the PL next season and then use him in the first team. I am not confident he would play much for us next season anyway

wr8_utd

:'(
Was watching this game and he made a couple of very good runs and really troubled his full back. Already better than Dan James for me.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

Impressive.
Classic young kick and run performance. Still has a long way to go with decision making based on that video

Trex

Promising performance against a side like Athletico Madrid. Dan James wouldn't pull that off, would gain good confidence from this loan

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Good to read. I would loan him out to the PL next season and then use him in the first team. I am not confident he would play much for us next season anyway
PL loan would be great to get used to the league but either way I think it's important he plays for a team that has a better style of football. Playing on scraps as he seems to be doing is not ideal.

Red_toad

Classic young kick and run performance. Still has a long way to go with decision making based on that video
Would you suggest he plays a possession based game with the players in his team? Let’s have your expert opinion please?
For me that’s a good performance for a genuinely struggling team. Yes his decision making needs to improve, but he’s only just turned 19 and not Messi or Rooney.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
:lol: No pleasing some people. 19 has a decent game vs league leaders for team fighting relegation.
“Classic kick and run performace”

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
:lol: No pleasing some people. 19 has a decent game vs league leaders for team fighting relegation.
“Classic kick and run performace”
Crazy isn't it, this is against Atletico not some defensive idiots.

He looks absolutely rapid in that video, definitely up to full fitness now - I love that he can actually run with the ball at top speed and change direction without falling over.

I do wonder why we never gave him a chance, he looks absolutely perfect for English football.

rron10

Supports
Sir Alex
His technique looks really good. The most important thing for him is to play as often as possible.

SAFMUTD

Good that he is getting plenty of minutes, sadly its in one of the worst sides in La Liga they are genuinely awful. Hopefully he impress enough to get him a loan in a mid table team next year. Ideally in the EPL.

dinostar77

Maybe Ole will keep him and rotate him/diallo/Greenwood and James on the RE next season.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Was watching this game and he made a couple of very good runs and really troubled his full back. Already better than Dan James for me.
Haha. In fairness to James, I think Ole loves him for his work rate and defensive pressing.

Tallis

I saw a bit of him. Impressive skill and technique. Needs to become stronger so he can hold off players - got pushed off the ball a few times.

Teja

If he's getting game time at a top division club in the big 3 leagues, then I don't see how that can be a bad thing. Might even leave Amad in the dust if he keeps warming the bench for us for another year.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Probably the final straw in our pursuit of Sancho. It shouldn’t be because we need someone to rotate with Rashford on the left and Bruno in the middle but I reckon as far as the right wing goes the two lads have it locked down for the next few years.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Probably the final straw in our pursuit of Sancho. It shouldn’t be because we need someone to rotate with Rashford on the left and Bruno in the middle but I reckon as far as the right wing goes the two lads have it locked down for the next few years.
Yes I think between Facundo and Amad we can forget about Sanchoz or whatever his name is.

RUCK4444

Impressive highlights, agree with others that he definitely has something about him, a bit of grit and guile which is always a good thing.

His dribbling is very good. He looks great on the counter attack, very direct and quicker than I thought.
No wonder Alaves are playing him, he must be doing the business in training.

Bwuk

We should be letting James go and let Pellistri/Amad take his minutes.

Hoof the ball

Pellistri is a fairly strong and physical kid. He doesn't get pushed around easily, isn't scared of physicality and has a brilliant balance on the dribble. I honestly believe that Pellistri could have been very useful for us from the sub bench.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He looks good though doesn’t he? I’m more confident of him coming back and making his mark than I ever was of Pererira or Adnan. They seemed to be technical but without fight or personality. This lad is facing relegation in a poor team and is stepping up. The signs are very good.

A winger who wants to beat a man and put crosses in? Amazing! If Cavani stays and we don’t sign Sancho I reckon the lads could combine to decent effect next season. If we got Haaland he’ll be making that near post run breathing down the defenders necks looking for the cutback. We need a killer in there at all times and for one of amad or Pellistri to step up and we will have improved a lot in an area that was seriously lacking. We need to start turning teams around towards their own goal and Pellistri can do that almost at will by the looks of things. If we don’t make signings he will get a fair shot. Nice find by the club and at a good price. Kudos! I wonder what other bargains are there to be had in that South American market. Surely United would have a big pull there if we started mixing it up a bit more.

Last edited:

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Looks like a very cultured dribbler, which I dont think we have in our current squad. Seems to effortlessly move across the pitch.

We just have to hope he now develops other facets of his game but I can certainly see the ability in the player and the early comparisons to David Silva.

dinostar77

Diallo and Pellestri make me think that Sancho is dead in the water for us. We have other areas to strengthen and it makes sense to give these lads plenty of game time.

Hoof the ball

Looks like a very cultured dribbler, which I dont think we have in our current squad. Seems to effortlessly move across the pitch.

We just have to hope he now develops other facets of his game but I can certainly see the ability in the player and the early comparisons to David Silva.
I was saying over a month or so ago that despite Amad's obvious individual talent, Pellistri looked more well-rounded in the sense that his experience at first team level coupled with his very impressive defensive work-rate would have made him the ideal candidate from the U23's to come on as a sub for us. His time at Alaves in a very, very poor team has vindicated my opinion on him.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Diallo and Pellestri make me think that Sancho is dead in the water for us. We have other areas to strengthen and it makes sense to give these lads plenty of game time.
I would still love us to make a move for Sancho. Such a entertaining player to watch. Be a shame if we back off now, especially from the players perspective who seemed disappointed a deal never came to fruition, hence why his form was so patchy at the start of the campaign.

r0663664

Worships Man City
Looks good, plays football looking at open players. Has decent pace, I don't think he is much slower than James. If he keeps playing well and improves, Barcelona might want to buy him cheap since they are broke. Hope he get a run till end of the season, have a great pre-season so Ole decides to keep him around.

Status
Not open for further replies.