Facundo Pellistri image 28

Facundo Pellistri Uruguay flag

2020-21 Performances

View full 2020-21 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Now the loan make sense.

He is a South American, first time going out from his home country, probably needs time to learn english. At the same time he needs first team games and sending him on loan to Championship will be disastrous.
I think he is the reason why we should not retain Lingard and look to sell him next season.

He'll be playing for us soon, no doubt.
It does indeed. A 2-step process to him coming to play in the UK that is hopefully less of a culture change and gives him minutes.

Only watched YouTube highlights (which can be misleading) but from the latest short clips, quite impressed, especially given the opposition in latest video. Looks confident, direct and regularly picked the better option (pass inside or take the LB on).

With him, Amad, Shoretire, Garner (doing well at Forest), Hugill, Mejbri ... next 6-24 months could see quite a few coming into the squad.

Hopefully the transfers we look at this Summer and next 12 months are focussed and we go for quality/ready to slot straight in players and not squad players (the above names will give us quantity and hopefully quality). We need a few players but personally, I'd rather have just Haaland than three 7-out-of-10 squad fodder signings.

Pellistri. Looks good though.

LovelyLittlePanda

Supports
Feyenoord
Pellistri has been fantastic in his all previous appearances, as the 5 people who've actually bothered to watch his games keep saying.

I guess it's easy read past it with all the comments from people calling it a "stupid loan" after they took 2 seconds to google a possession stat.

Apparantly Pellistri has to make headlines and have a viral highlight video for "his loan to make sense".

The most hilarious comment was the one that thought this performance might convince Ole to keep Facundo :lol:

I've been convinced for quite a while now that Pellistri and Amad were bought as Sancho alternatives. We should move on from James and Martial and replace them with these lads.

There's been a few English players who can't speak it.
:lol:

meamth

Is he learning English? there have been a lot of South American players whom have played for years in England and cannot speak it.
Of course, players have clauses in their contract to go for English classes, provided by the club.

BlahRules

Pellistri has been fantastic in his all previous appearances, as the 5 people who've actually bothered to watch his games keep saying.

I guess it's easy read past it with all the comments from people calling it a "stupid loan" after they took 2 seconds to google a possession stat.

Apparantly Pellistri has to make headlines and have a viral highlight video for "his loan to make sense".

The most hilarious comment was the one that thought this performance might convince Ole to keep Facundo :lol:

I've been convinced for quite a while now that Pellistri and Amad were bought as Sancho alternatives. We should move on from James and Martial and replace them with these lads.

:lol:
We still should go for Sancho. As much as we hope Pellistri and Amad becomes a quality player, they are not at that level and wont be giving us the productivity Sancho will bring. Furthermore, I believe Sancho is a generational talent. The amount of assists he is racking up already at his age is crazy.

We need a creative player and Sancho will provide it. If we are to compete with Man City then we need more quality on the bench that will allow us to change the game. Sancho can play RM AM and LM.

Smores

We still should go for Sancho. As much as we hope Pellistri and Amad becomes a quality player, they are not at that level and wont be giving us the productivity Sancho will bring. Furthermore, I believe Sancho is a generational talent. The amount of assists he is racking up already at his age is crazy.

We need a creative player and Sancho will provide it. If we are to compete with Man City then we need more quality on the bench that will allow us to change the game. Sancho can play RM AM and LM.
This is why i want Diallo to get plenty of minutes in whats left of the season. There's only really one way to see if they're ready for a break through.

Everyone assumes young players aren't ready but then some suddenly show their talent at a very young age. Sancho made his proper breakthrough at the same age as Diallo and younger than Pellistri.

Personally I'd only sign Sancho if we don't get a decent striker in. If we strengthen elsewhere we'll be able to give the 3 young lads an opportunity to show what they've got, one will have a decent season.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
I don't get the David Silva comparisons. Pellistri is a pacy dribbler who likes to go to byeline and put a cross in generally. Too little sample of games to judge from but he's more of a runner than a creator. David Silva had exceptional vision and pass execution. The best no10 in the modern era in the premier league if you asked me. Not exactly a pacy player either. It's a lazy comparison based on the ethnicity.

On another note I like his bite. He seems to have Ander Herrera about him and better skillset than DJ, which can take him far, perhaps even further than Diallo who seems closer to Martial so far. Early stages though! Let's hope he will become everything we wanted from James.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Language is funny.
Actually, the word doesn't exist in Spanish or Portuguese except for its use in football circles to refer to a great player.

Seeing as football was introduced by British people in port cities, I wouldn't be surprised if it just comes from expressions such as "cracking player", "cracking goal", "what a cracker", etc.

Similar to "óbol" (outball), "orsai" (offside), "güin" (winger), or "centrojás" (centre half).

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United

I really like the look of him, granted these are clips where only the good moves are shown, but he genuinely has quality. The end product seems to be lacking so far, which is not surprising for such a club, but he is very fast, has a good dribble, can pass players and has an eye for team-mates. He might have more future here than players ranked above him now.

Trex

I really like the look of him, granted these are clips where only the good moves are shown, but he genuinely has quality. The end product seems to be lacking so far, which is not surprising for such a club, but he is very fast, has a good dribble, can pass players and has an eye for team-mates. He might have more future here than players ranked above him now.
I like his maradona style dribble, he's got good link up play and is hard working, we have given less talented players opportunities, he'll get his chance at mufc

saeed

Return from injury and made important role in alavez goal. Him or amad will secure RW when mason become proper SF.

antohan

I hear he has the best dribble success rate in La Liga at 75%. Small sample granted (12/16), and easier in the acres of space afforded when your team sits back.

Not bad though.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I hear he has the best dribble success rate in La Liga at 75%. Small sample granted (12/16), and easier in the acres of space afforded when your team sits back.

Not bad though.
Great to hear! I think his exploits on loan may even push him slightly ahead of amad for next season. He already looks physically more advanced. Preseason should be very interesting this year. The youngsters can hopefully get more minutes to show what they can do with the first team lads having been away at the euros.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Is he a right footed RW or a RW that may one day play inverted forward from the LW?

antohan

Is he a right footed RW or a RW that may one day play inverted forward from the LW?
Should be a right-footed RW, there's absolute truckloads of right-footed players doing the inverted winger roleplay.

His finishing/shooting is nothing to write home about, would much rather he worked on his crossing and focused on incisiveness over your regular "cut in and shoot".

jesperjaap

I appreciate Sancho is a fantastic young player but how can you say these two dont have that quality when they have barely kicked a ball? We have seen very little of Amad on the ball for us, have been a couple of moments of real quality. Not saying I dont want us to sign Sancho or that they are as good, but how can anybody even form a judgement on the two of them yet from a few loan games, youth games and a few minutes and touches in te first team for Amad. From the clips of both, it is quite obvious they have talent, how far that can take them with us, time will tell but as young as SAncho is, lets not compare two teenagers with a 21year old with three years of experience in the Bundeslegia

Ace of Spades

I appreciate Sancho is a fantastic young player but how can you say these two dont have that quality when they have barely kicked a ball? We have seen very little of Amad on the ball for us, have been a couple of moments of real quality. Not saying I dont want us to sign Sancho or that they are as good, but how can anybody even form a judgement on the two of them yet from a few loan games, youth games and a few minutes and touches in te first team for Amad. From the clips of both, it is quite obvious they have talent, how far that can take them with us, time will tell but as young as SAncho is, lets not compare two teenagers with a 21year old with three years of experience in the Bundeslegia
Agreed, and anyone still hoping that we sign Sancho is just setting up for disappointment. I don't think there will be any big deals in the summer, at least not for us.

As for Pellistri, I was impressed by his dribbling ability and close control, think he could be a very good player if he improves his decision making and shooting. Can see him play as a winger or a 10 even.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
At the very least, we will recoup or get a good fee for him, Chelsea style. Lingard has shown that players who are not being used should be on loan where possible, maintaining or even increasing value rather than sat around doing nothing here.

jesperjaap

Agreed, and anyone still hoping that we sign Sancho is just setting up for disappointment. I don't think there will be any big deals in the summer, at least not for us.

As for Pellistri, I was impressed by his dribbling ability and close control, think he could be a very good player if he improves his decision making and shooting. Can see him play as a winger or a 10 even.
I dont know. We have so many youngsters now already in or potentially moving up to the first team squad and with a high likelyhood and understandable reasons that Cavani goes....two positions that definately need improving for me and realistically 4 or 5.

There is still a fair amount of deadwood to clear as well when you look through the squad. I see more players leaving than coming in but I dont think there will be any major outgoings.

I think we will probably sign three players this summer though it should be four but I do think they are going to be bigger signings if it is that number as to me anyway, signing three youngsters this summer for those positions simply doesnt make sense with what we already have and what we need.

Personally hoping for a real quality centre back as much as anything else

TheReligion

Abusive
At the very least, we will recoup or get a good fee for him, Chelsea style. Lingard has shown that players who are not being used should be on loan where possible, maintaining or even increasing value rather than sat around doing nothing here.
What? Have I missed something? We've only just signed him a few months ago.

Ekeke

Alavas have 2 wins in a row now with him not starting, with last nights defeat of Villarreal particularly impressive. When they're winning despite being low in the table its hard to second guess him being left out. Both matches he came on off the bench getting around 20 mins against Huesca and 10 mins against Villarreal. He was on the pitch for the late winning goals in both matches.

crossy1686

career ending
Alavas have 2 wins in a row now with him not starting, with last nights defeat of Villarreal particularly impressive. When they're winning despite being low in the table its hard to second guess him being left out. Both matches he came on off the bench getting around 20 mins against Huesca and 10 mins against Villarreal. He was on the pitch for the late winning goals in both matches.
This is the issue with loaning players to struggling clubs. When relegation is on the line these lads don't get football and would benefit more from training with the United first team than training with Alves relegation fodder. Hopefully it's a good learning experience for him in some capacity.

drmuji

I have to confess that I have not seen him throughout this season but just seeing him today, have made me feel so satisfied.
He is consistently taking on players, and putting very good crosses in. Also his link up play is very good so far.
I have been specially seeing his movement when they attack from the left flank, he consistently gets in the box to receive something.

Bwuk

If he’s not going to be part of the squad next season I hope we loan him to a British side.

Celtic would be a good move.

Red00012

If he’s not going to be part of the squad next season I hope we loan him to a British side.

He’s better off in the championship than up there , Scottish league is rubbish

Bwuk

He’s better off in the championship than up there , Scottish league is rubbish
Don’t disagree about the standard of the league, but the expectation to win every week, with 50k in the crowd and the pressure on the reclaim the title could be a good learning experience for him.

BlahRules

Don’t disagree about the standard of the league, but the expectation to win every week, with 50k in the crowd and the pressure on the reclaim the title could be a good learning experience for him.
Average players looks like Messi or Ronaldo in the SPL. He needs to play in the English league.

Bwuk

Like scott sinclair.. defoe at the age of 40
Scott Sinclair who’s getting similar numbers in the championship to what he got at Celtic, whilst much older.

Defoe, with his grand total of 3 starts this season.

You don’t know what your talking about.

jackal&hyde

If we can't get him a PL team loan then La Liga is the best for him. Close enough to his own culture and very high level competition.

I'd love to see him at Norwich City next season. They play the right kind of football and it takes a lot of character to play for the underdog. Daniel Farke would love a player like him imo. especially after losing Buendia. Same for Laird if Aarons moves on.

Status
Not open for further replies.