Facundo Pellistri image 28

Facundo Pellistri Uruguay flag

2021-22 Performances

View full 2021-22 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Would like to see him go to Ligue 1 if not PL.

Strats

First time in years where i'm not worried about our right side of attack. Feels reassuring for the future having Sancho, Greenwood, Amad and Pellestri all capable playing on the right.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
I liked his performance. Played exactly like someone who wants to show himself.

Abraxas

This is a very interesting signing, not very typical of us to pluck out a random South American dribbler - I guess the passport situation and Forlan alerting us were two huge factors.

Of course he's got a lot to learn but it's a fun one to follow. I like the way he is not afraid to carry the ball. If he can become a more regular contributor wherever he plays next he's got a real chance because there's certainly evident talent.

The Hilton

Never seen James out pace a full back with the ball.
That's because James is a kick and rush merchant. Pellistri will definitely be quicker with the ball in close control, but in a straight sprint with James he'll lose handily over any distance (just like the vast majority of footballers).

Ace of Spades

I like him, wish we can get a real good loan for him. He seems to want to go back to Alaves as he seemed to settle easy there, so maybe that could be a good call.

The talent us there, just need to make sure the loans are good ones hopefully.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I guess he’s going to be a starter at Alaves again and he did well there last season. No point upsetting the rhythm if he’s happy and we are happy. I’m more hoping he can score a few more in preseason and one of the promoted clubs take a chance on him this season. I feel like it would be a much better education for him and he could easily become more of a household name and force the issue for a place back here if he goes out on loan here and does well. His style is already perfect for the PL.

izec

That's because James is a kick and rush merchant. Pellistri will definitely be quicker with the ball in close control, but in a straight sprint with James he'll lose handily over any distance (just like the vast majority of footballers).
That is not so relevant for United, as James rarely has space to run into without the ball.

pascell

I guess he’s going to be a starter at Alaves again and he did well there last season. No point upsetting the rhythm if he’s happy and we are happy. I’m more hoping he can score a few more in preseason and one of the promoted clubs take a chance on him this season. I feel like it would be a much better education for him and he could easily become more of a household name and force the issue for a place back here if he goes out on loan here and does well. His style is already perfect for the PL.
He wasn't a starter at Alaves in his last loan spell

VanDeBank

Ma’am
He wasn't a starter at Alaves in his last loan spell
Actually, after he was eased into it he had a run for a few games, later on he had to settle for subs as Alaves secured staying up.
His teammates were constantly looking to give him the ball, so I'm sure he's impressed in training. He was a threat and had 1 or 2 assists.

I think generally he dribbles too much and doesn't release the ball quickly enough, but I'm sure he can be coached out of it.
Hopefully he cements a starting spot, this season. Good loan.

Tallis

It will be interesting to see him at a slightly better club than Alaves. They seem the Spanish equivalent of a Bolton. If he speaks English, why not just let him develop in England. Maybe a loan at a second tier club like Arsenal or Spurs ?

Mr.Ridiculous__

The name says it all
It will be interesting to see him at a slightly better club than Alaves. They seem the Spanish equivalent of a Bolton. If he speaks English, why not just let him develop in England. Maybe a loan at a second tier club like Arsenal or Spurs ?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
We'll take him if you pay all his wages and are okay with playing him exclusively in the League cup lower rounds

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
We'll take him if you pay all his wages and are okay with playing him exclusively in the League cup lower rounds
Why would you do that when he’s already better than Pepe.

Hope you did

Irrational.

He has a really unique dribbling style and an elegance in his play. You can see where the comparisons to David Silva come from.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He looks like a quicker David Silva. If he can match his appreciation for a pass, he'll be some player.

Kearnkoff69

He's very silky on the ball. I will be keen to follow his progress on loan this year.

Guapa

Looks a top prospect.I'd keep around the club and continue his development.

Paranoid Android

This may be an unpopular opinion but I'm more excited about Pellistri's potential than Amad's at the moment. He just looks like an absolute baller. First touch, explosiveness, close dribbling, cutting edge. He looks like an absolute talent to me.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
This may be an unpopular opinion but I'm more excited about Pellistri's potential than Amad's at the moment. He just looks like an absolute baller. First touch, explosiveness, close dribbling, cutting edge. He looks like an absolute talent to me.
I’m in agreement with you. I think he’s gone under the radar. I’m more excited about Pellestri than Diallo - but that’s not to say I’m not excited about the latter. I hope we manage them both well.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I think I’ve underestimated Pellistri but Amad is still ahead of him for me.

2 massive talents, we are so lucky to have both.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He does seem really talented on the ball. Whenever I do watch him, his ability to do something explosive is evident, but his passing/link up does appear more raw than Amad. Small sample size, though.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I think Amad has a better sense of awareness though. His passing especially is exquisite at times.

Tallis

Seems to have fantastic composure in front of goal and the pace plus skill to beat the full back.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Some people seem to have disregarded Pellistri straight off the bat last season but by all accounts he was one of the biggest talents in Uruguay when we signed him. He looked raw but talented for the U21s last season, I definitely liked what I saw.

Ibi Dreams

Silky goal, his technique looks really good. I hope he actually gets a proper chance here, looks like an exciting young player. I have a bad feeling we just won't fit him in though

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
You can't teach Amad's weight of passing in the final third. That skill is very rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.