Facundo Pellistri image 28

Facundo Pellistri Uruguay flag

2021-22 Performances

View full 2021-22 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan_F

Because all Ole cares about from his front four is the goal or final pass. Clearly Amad and Pellistri were scouted by the club and Ole never Knew how to integrate them since his football lack the structure to get the best out of this type of players, same applies to Sancho.
Love it. Most people use Amad and Pellestri as a stick to beat Ole for poor transfers, but when suitable it’s the club who signed them.

Given Forlan was the manager of Pellestri’s club, I would not be surprised at all if we found out about him because of that.

VictoriaRed

We are a club built on development and if this young lad is talented and works hard, then yes, he could make it. What I've seen post Ferguson years is a lack of coaching and bringing in players that are 'coachable'!

edgecutter

Love it. Most people use Amad and Pellestri as a stick to beat Ole for poor transfers, but when suitable it’s the club who signed them.

Given Forlan was the manager of Pellestri’s club, I would not be surprised at all if we found out about him because of that.
That's exactly how it was done. There is a reason our scouts got sacked.

On ole, neither of these guys are pulling up trees for United so let's not start jumping for joy because of a few international matches.

Last edited:

Trex

Well I'm not most people, its obvious the club scouts got this players, Ole wouldn't know a player playing in South America or an academy player of Atlanta, but at the same time he had veto power regarding signings, so he has his faults in both recruitment and development.
Recently Rangnick spoke about the window we went for the duo and dvb and attributed their signings on Ole and Woodward when they could have gone for a DM.

Arka_BleedingRed

I remember when Facundo's name was being linked to us, many articles clearly mentioning that Forlan had recommended his name to United as he was the head coach of Penarol at that time.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
This is why a first choice right back should be a priority, we have talent and potential talent at right wing that will always struggle playing with half a player behind them.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.

Ole had nothing to do with these transfers. The man has never in his life made a shrewd signings. It's either big names or players he worked with in a previous club

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
I remember when Facundo's name was being linked to us, many articles clearly mentioning that Forlan had recommended his name to United as he was the head coach of Penarol at that time.
Didn't we also sign Daniel James on a Giggs recommendation? Sometimes I wonder if our scouts do any actual work.

Dan_F

Ole had nothing to do with these transfers. The man has never in his life made a shrewd signings. It's either big names or players he worked with in a previous club
Weird that there was a player he worked with in a previous club managing Pellestri then :lol:

TheReligion

Abusive
I bet a 1k with anyone this kid don’t make it here. I’m confused with how so many of you can’t spot shite when you see it.

He’s never good enough for our level.
Reported to the mods.

Cost of living crisis and you’re trying to get people involved in betting.

Absolutely disgraceful behaviour.

TOKUGAWA-X

I watched huis highlights vs Mexico and he loked great, obviously that was poor defending and some really low quality defenders.

But i was impressed. Maybe ETH can work with him.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I’m going to say he’s PL level but not Utd level. He’ll be what Amad was before he went out on loan. We need to be a lot more aggressive with these loans if we aren’t going to be able to give ample minutes to talents. It sends out a much better message to prospective transfers if a few really hit it off out on loan at a high level.

Dominos

Has he ever been played on the left? Is there any reason he's consistently played on the right, other than there's a lack of top class left-footed attacking players?

The majority of the current best wide players play as inverted wingers, it's very rare you see a predominantly right-footed player be super effective playing on the right wing these days or vice versa. Of course elite players like Salah and Mahrez don't grow on trees so you end up with players shoe-horned into that right sided role the way we've tried to do with Rashford/Martial previously with very little success.

We've got so much work to do on the squad that I think the right wing role is going to be neglected in the summer so we may have to keep Elanga, Amad and Pellistri next season and hope one or more of them find a way to contribute heavily to our thread-bare attack, or Sancho proves effective on the right and Rashford takes the left-sided role with the kids acting as back-up/rotation options. It does feel like only Amad is a true natural in the right sided role.

Oaencha

Pellistri and Garnacho. 15 games each.
Amad won’t make it. Hannibal is a 50/50, needs to bulk up.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
All of a sudden Pellistri will make it now he’s some good YouTube highlights have turned up. Most on here, including me, have no idea how good any of our youngsters really are. Some definite talent there though.

Red00012

Don’t think he’ll make it here but he’ll do ok elsewhere

Olecurls99

Looks a little weak but nice touches and a good burst of speed. He'll have to improve his play under pressure to make it in the PL though

Marcus

He seems to have more in his locker in terms of close control compared to James, but ah well, hopefully all our players improve under the clear directions of ETH.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
True. I'd like to see him get a loan in the championship. He needs to get used to England
Everyone says players start to peak after 26-27y.o ---- and yet they are quick to slag off and condemn our own academy kids to the junkyard at 17-21y.o

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Everyone says players start to peak after 26-27y.o ---- and yet they are quick to slag off and condemn our own academy kids to the junkyard at 17-21y.o
It is a problem these days. Unless you're in the first team by 18-22 you are washed up and not good enough.

Bit mad to think that 'young' players like Scholes only got into the side at 22 himself. People should be more patient.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
I also think it's a trend that players have been peaking slightly earlier, especially at the very top level. Not quite as drastic as knowing if someone will make it at 20, but I'd say peaks are more 24-26 rather than 27-29 nowadays

arthurka

It is a problem these days. Unless you're in the first team by 18-22 you are washed up and not good enough.

Bit mad to think that 'young' players like Scholes only got into the side at 22 himself. People should be more patient.
The only thing I have against these young guys, him Amad and others we have kind of wasted their time by not getting them three right loans. His loan in Spain has been really bad.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

People don't know the history of the club. Just judge things on wins/losses only.

Status
Not open for further replies.