Facundo Pellistri image 28

Facundo Pellistri Uruguay flag

2021-22 Performances

View full 2021-22 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idxomer

Some people seem to have disregarded Pellistri straight off the bat last season but by all accounts he was one of the biggest talents in Uruguay when we signed him. He looked raw but talented for the U21s last season, I definitely liked what I saw.
I like the type of player Amad is more but I'm excited by both.

If both reach their potential, we might not need to buy any winger or wide forward for years.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I like the type of player Amad is more but I'm excited by both.

If both reach their potential, we might not need to buy any winger or wide forward for years.
Problem is, we already have Rashford and Sancho who are quite young themselves. Having 2 more is bit of an overkill when they need games .

Nice problem to have though.

devips

Facundo and Amad - 2 young footballers Ole picked up out of nothing last year, and was quite criticized because of it.

Ole's choices have been immaculate so far.

Tony247

This may be an unpopular opinion but I'm more excited about Pellistri's potential than Amad's at the moment. He just looks like an absolute baller. First touch, explosiveness, close dribbling, cutting edge. He looks like an absolute talent to me.
Amad is still very raw. I highly doubt any club will want him on loan. So no point sending him away, instead keep with u23 and the first team. Pellistri however looks much more matured and also physically developed. He will have clubs lined up for loan. I would say choose a best option and send him on loan for a year again.

jesperjaap

Problem is, we already have Rashford and Sancho who are quite young themselves. Having 2 more is bit of an overkill when they need games .

Yes, i have a feeling one of these youngsters possibly from Sancho, Amad, Greenwood and Mjebri may et opportunities in Fernandes position in certain games or late on....and a feeling over the next season or two, someone is gonna make it theres

TheRedHearted

four players for two positions is perfectly fine. Even considering Rashford can be played more central

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
four players for two positions is perfectly fine. Even considering Rashford can be played more central
Not really, they are all young and need consistent game time. Rashford as CF is as bad as you can get.

Having said that, I think Facundo will be more of a Silva type player.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Not really, they are all young and need consistent game time. Rashford as CF is as bad as you can get.

Having said that, I think Facundo will be more of a Silva type player.
Rashford is 24 in 3 months. At what age does he stop being young?

We actually have the following as wide players; Rashford, Sancho, Greenwood, Martial, James, Diallo, Pellistri. That is 7 which makes it a bigger predicament.

Last edited:

Raveneye

Martial and Greenwood would both prefer to be the no.9 but can do a job out wide. Long term, assuming Martial catches fire again, they're competing with each other more than they are with those who prefer playing from wide.

4 excellent attacking players for two wide forward positions is treble squad makeup down the line.

Revan

Assumptionman
Facundo and Amad - 2 young footballers Ole picked up out of nothing last year, and was quite criticized because of it.

Ole's choices have been immaculate so far.
Facundo cost 10m which is relatively cheap, but didn’t Amad cost 36m? That is far away from nothing, it is more expensive than any of our keepers, any of our defenders except Maguire, as expensive as Matic, Martial or Mata.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Facundo cost 10m which is relatively cheap, but didn’t Amad cost 36m? That is far away from nothing, it is more expensive than any of our keepers, any of our defenders except Maguire, as expensive as Matic, Martial or Mata.
I think Amad was 20 million rising to 36 on various clauses.

OmarUnited4ever

the following as wide players; Rashford, Sancho, Greenwood, Martial, Diallo, Pellistri.
Add James to that list, and possibly Lingard if he stays.

I think Pellistri will be loaned and Lingard will be sold probably , and with Rashford possibly being unavailable until late October /early November, that means for the early part of the season, Sancho, Greenwood, James, Martial & Amad will be our wide options, with Martial being preferred to either start as CF or be a backup to Cavani.

Harold_Giles

I really liked how he opened his body for a spit second to make the keeper think he'd finish with the inside of his foot.
Then rounded him :cool:

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Wow. I was thrilled with Pellestri at 10m, 4.5 is insanely good. I hope all those clauses get met because he sure is exciting.
I don't think we would've signed either if we managed to sign Sancho in the same season. But Dortmund's asking price was ridiculous which then opened up the opportunity for us to sign the two youngsters.

I said at the the time it was a good move by the club and I still stand by that statement. We have to look at things holistically, and that's what the club did IMO after refusing to pay Dortmund £108m for Sancho which was the correct decision.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I don't think we would've signed either if we managed to sign Sancho in the same season. But Dortmund's asking price was ridiculous which then opened up the opportunity for us to sign the two youngsters.

I said at the the time it was a good move by the club and I still stand by that statement. We have to look at things holistically, and that's what the club did IMO after refusing to pay Dortmund £108m for Sancho which was the correct decision.
Yeah, I'm sure we were all disappointed not to get Sancho last summer but we did well to pick up two very promising youngsters instead. Great move in the end as we've got Jadon now, too, for a lot less money.

I thought it was 36 rising to 50, but probably got it mixed with Martial.
Those figures are indeed Martial's.

dinostar77

Amad was the 2nd highest rated winger in his age group across europe, with ansu fati being 1st. So i guess utd will treat Amad with kid gloves and protect him as much as possible. After all dont want whats happen to ansu fati to happen to amad (2 knee ops on the same knee and hes 18 years old. Not good).

Ekeke

Was an impressive direct dribbling half. He's clearly confident to take players on and has the speed to get clean away from them after using technical skill to beat them. Need to see more of his passing, he did have 1 sloppy pass but other than that it was just the basics and he did it fine. Also good composure going round the keeper for his goal

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I really liked how he opened his body for a spit second to make the keeper think he'd finish with the inside of his foot.
Then rounded him :cool:
Yeah that was lovely. You don't see enough players go round the keeper much these days, it was a real throw back move. Great to watch.

gajender

That's correct if reports are to be believed. Pellistri was 4.5m with a further 4.5m dependant on clauses being met.
It was tranfer fee paid in two installments of 4.5 m each which is guaranteed, there was no mention of add ons clauses .

Adnan

Talent Spotter
It was tranfer fee paid in two installments of 4.5 m each which is guaranteed, there was no mention of add ons clauses .
There was various different reports with one even saying we had signed him for around 7m in total. But that's besides the point because the total fee paid for him was a potential bargain for a player of his ability and it wouldn't surprise me if his value quadrupled in the next few years.

Last edited:

Devil81

Think this kid is gonna be a player myself, can't wait to watch him develop.

CG1010

Rashford is 24 in 3 months. At what age does he stop being young?

We actually have the following as wide players; Rashford, Sancho, Greenwood, Martial, Diallo, Pellistri. That is 6 which makes it a bigger predicament.
In my books, in 3 months then. Until 23 you are "young" and not afterwards. Its arbitrary of course but that's the rule of thumb for me.

gajender

There was various different reports with one even saying we had signed him for around 7m in total. But that's besides the point because the total fee paid for him was a potential bargain for a player of his ability and it wouldn't surprise me if his value quadrupled in the next few years.
I think irrespective of whatever price we payed for him he does look like somebody who can actually make it here and prove to be decent bargain long term similar to Diallo .

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
The finish reminded me of something Messi or David Silva would do. Especially putting it away with his right foot. The way he rounded the keeper it would make sense to use your left, but that in particular reminded me of Messi.

Moomalade74

This kid looks like the real deal, that sort of quick elastic close control is very rare. But most importantly, for a young player he looks brave and gets involved as much as possible, great energy levels.
The new Kanchelskis? :p

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
The downside from sending him on loan is missing out on him spending a season training and occasionally playing with Cavani. Reckon Edi would put a lot more time and focus on helping him improve than any coach will afford a loanee anywhere else.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
The downside from sending him on loan is missing out on him spending a season training and occasionally playing with Cavani. Reckon Edi would put a lot more time and focus on helping him improve than any coach will afford a loanee anywhere else.
True. Edi-Faci-Greeni triangle! :drool: :drool: :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.