Facundo Pellistri image 28

Facundo Pellistri Uruguay flag

2021-22 Performances

View full 2021-22 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glorio

Rashford is 24 in 3 months. At what age does he stop being young?

We actually have the following as wide players; Rashford, Sancho, Greenwood, Martial, Diallo, Pellistri. That is 6 which makes it a bigger predicament.
I think you missed Dan James?

Personally I feel Pellistri could potentially contribute more than James even now, but that's based on very few games from Pellistri so I might just be high on recency bias.

That said, let's be honest, James may have played for us a few years now but they're both raw. One just seems to have more natural talent.

Thinking of Leeds's pursuit of James in the past, Pellistri looks like the sort of guy Bielsa will turn into a superstar

Last edited:

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
There is something special about him. I hope we secure a good loan for him this season.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Isn't it all but done for him to go back to Alaves on loan? Or are we holding out for a different club?

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
I think you missed Dan James?

Personally I feel Pellistri could potentially contribute more than James even now, but that's based on very few games from Pellistri so I might just be high on recency bias.

That said, let's be honest, James may have played for us a few years now but they're both raw. One just seems to have more natural talent.

Thinking of Leeds's pursuit of James in the past, Pellistri looks like the sort of guy Bielsa will turn into a superstar
:lol: Oops that was an accident. Edited my original post now.

georgipep

If I'm honest the assist looked more like a failed first touch that accidentally went to Lingard's path. However he was much better than Daniel James.
I agree about the assist being a poor first touch but disagree about being better than James. Facundo found himself in good positions, as did James. But James also beat his man numerous times and drew a few fouls, which in a normal game would've resulted in yellow cards. With a slightly more accurate pass from Greenwood, he would also have been through on goal and then maybe could've scored too. He did stupid stuff too but definitely wasn't worse than Pellistri.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
If I'm honest the assist looked more like a failed first touch that accidentally went to Lingard's path. However he was much better than Daniel James.
First thought he was trying to round him to set himself up for a shot, he certainly ran after the ball and only shied away when Lingard latched on. But it could have been a poor first touch I must admit.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
First thought he was trying to round him to set himself up for a shot, he certainly ran after the ball and only shied away when Lingard latched on. But it could have been a poor first touch I must admit.
That was how I saw it. It looked like a really excellent first touch to set himself up for a shot but ended up being an accidental pass to Lingard, so he left it to his team-mate.

Lovely pass by Greenwood too.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
How did he play overall in this game? Any chance of him breaking into the first team next season, even if for just a few games here and there?

Highfather_24

How did he play overall in this game? Any chance of him breaking into the first team next season, even if for just a few games here and there?
Was mostly invisible apart from couple of decent plays. Got an assist. That's it. Tracked back well and played confidently by trying to take players on when he got the ball. Not as good as his previous outing.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Was mostly invisible apart from couple of decent plays. Got an assist. That's it. Tracked back well and played confidently by trying to take players on when he got the ball. Not as good as his previous outing.
Could possibly put that partly down to how poor the team was overall I guess. I will confess that I obviously didn't see the game, this opinion is purely based on what I read about it. I really don't know a great deal about the guy to be honest. Wasn't aware of him when we signed him. Maybe going out on a loan is an option.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Could possibly put that partly down to how poor the team was overall I guess. I will confess that I obviously didn't see the game, this opinion is purely based on what I read about it. I really don't know a great deal about the guy to be honest. Wasn't aware of him when we signed him. Maybe going out on a loan is an option.
He's pretty certain to go out on loan. Too good for reserves, wouldn't get many minutes if he stayed. No point in staying, same with Elanga IMO.

lex talionis

Pellistri looked pretty decent on a day when the back line had a mare. The needs physical and mental development and to be around the squad, not to be sent out on loan.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Don't get what's wrong with him playing with Alaves.

They'll probably start him in most games which will benefit him more than moving to a better team where he comes off the bench.
Don't they play absolutely awful football? If I'm not mistaken they mostly sit back all game. And I don't think he started every game either?

I always prefer domestic loans. He's already got such well honed technique that I feel like we'd get a lot more benefit from him going to a Championship team and learning how to implement that technique while also being involved in some physical battles.

The Championship is a long old season, and with his talent level I'm sure we'd have quite a few decent teams lining up to give him 30+ games this season.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Don't they play absolutely awful football? If I'm not mistaken they mostly sit back all game. And I don't think he started every game either?
He started until he got injured and they made him a sub until they secured the points needed to stave off relegation before starting him again.

Them playing awful football is why we should send him there. He's one of the few players in that team who can create goals and score, they'll have no choice but to rely on him now that they know what he can do.

amolbhatia50k

He started until he got injured and they made him a sub until they secured the points needed to stave off relegation before starting him again.

Them playing awful football is why we should send him there. He's one of the few players in that team who can create goals and score, they'll have no choice but to rely on him now that they know what he can do.
As you say yourself, that isn't always the case. Often when a team plays defensive jammy football in a relegation scrap, they favour experience and reliability over flair and youth

Arka_BleedingRed

If James goes this season and Rashford undergoes surgery, I can see Ole keeping Facundo/Elanga, whoever performs the better in preseason, as backup until Rashford comes back. Then, send him out on loan in January.

amolbhatia50k

If James goes this season and Rashford undergoes surgery, I can see Ole keeping Facundo/Elanga, whoever performs the better in preseason, as backup until Rashford comes back. Then, send him out on loan in January.
There's no indication of that happening?

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Pellistri looked pretty decent on a day when the back line had a mare. The needs physical and mental development and to be around the squad, not to be sent out on loan.
+1 Unless he is sent to some top-tier club where he gets regular playing time, I would keep him here and sell Dan James, in a heartbeat

We need to stop assuming great players are "kids" until they turn 23. Pellistri is special and his game has looked very mature. We shouldn't send him to Alaves or any other low-tier club

Ekeke

+1 Unless he is sent to some top-tier club where he gets regular playing time, I would keep him here and sell Dan James, in a heartbeat

We need to stop assuming great players are "kids" until they turn 23. Pellistri is special and his game has looked very mature. We shouldn't send him to Alaves or any other low-tier club
The problem is he isnt "special". Not even at United. Elanga and Amad have shown more and are clearly ahead in the pecking order. He absolutely does have technique that stands out and he wants to run at players, thats good. But now that we signed Sancho he'll be behind Rashford, Greenwood, Sancho, Lingard if he stays and the talk is in that direction, then Elanga and Amad. And Hannibal who was given our u23s young player of the season is getting his playing time on the left for the first team. So thats not even considering James who lets be honest, Ole is going to start over all but 3 or 4 of those names half the time.

The right loan will be important. I think we saw last season Alaves was not it. He's now had time to get used to europe a little bit, we should send him to a premier league or championship club and get him used to doing what he'll be expected to do in this league. Hopefully with the extra responsibility that he wont get here he'll add some more end product to his dribbling in competitive matches

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
Should loan him to Newcastle or Brighton if they come calling or a championship loan. There is something about him, just not figured out what it is yet.
I think he is likely to be around the team for years to come.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
The problem is he isnt "special". Not even at United. Elanga and Amad have shown more and are clearly ahead in the pecking order. He absolutely does have technique that stands out and he wants to run at players, thats good. But now that we signed Sancho he'll be behind Rashford, Greenwood, Sancho, Lingard if he stays and the talk is in that direction, then Elanga and Amad. And Hannibal who was given our u23s young player of the season is getting his playing time on the left for the first team. So thats not even considering James who lets be honest, Ole is going to start over all but 3 or 4 of those names half the time.

The right loan will be important. I think we saw last season Alaves was not it. He's now had time to get used to europe a little bit, we should send him to a premier league or championship club and get him used to doing what he'll be expected to do in this league. Hopefully with the extra responsibility that he wont get here he'll add some more end product to his dribbling in competitive matches
I agree that Elanga, Amad, and Pellistri are all top 3 most exciting youngsters. Haven't had a chance to see enough of them to say in what order. That said, seeing how much time Ole has been giving Pellistri in these friendlies makes me think that Ole may be strongly considering keeping him for senior team and not loaning out. Pellistri has played more minutes in this friendlies than anybody else, by a long mile, I think

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
I dont want him to be loaned out to Championship. Another loan stint in Spain will be good choice. He is quite technical player and Championship isn't really a place for him

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Should loan him to Newcastle or Brighton if they come calling or a championship loan. There is something about him, just not figured out what it is yet.
I think he is likely to be around the team for years to come.
That doesn't say much really, we've so many players who've stayed beyond what's necessary.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I dont want him to be loaned out to Championship. Another loan stint in Spain will be good choice. He is quite technical player and Championship isn't really a place for him
The championship is a lot better than you realise these days. Most of the teams play good football, not just kick and lump :lol:

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
The championship is a lot better than you realise these days. Most of the teams play good football, not just kick and lump :lol:
Playing top flight football would still be better

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Playing top flight football would still be better
Not really. What's the difference between him playing at say Bournemouth or Alaves? as long as it's competitive it's more important that he gets actual game time. It's also important he's not just defending for 70 minutes, we need him to actually be attacking and getting goals and assists, not being a 2nd fullback.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
There's no way he'll be a regular starter for a Premier league team yet. Of course the championship is a good option but he certainly needs to be starting in a team that will be mostly on the front foot.

Tallis

Some mid table Spanish club ? That would be perfect.

I agree that there is something about him that makes him different from the average skilled winger - composure in front of goal, intelligence, willingness to run into the box. One of these things

Ekeke

Some mid table Spanish club ? That would be perfect.

I agree that there is something about him that makes him different from the average skilled winger - composure in front of goal, intelligence, willingness to run into the box. One of these things
Are you saying that based on how he took his one goal? Because for me thats not something anywhere close to proven yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.