Facundo Pellistri image 28

Facundo Pellistri Uruguay flag

2021-22 Performances

View full 2021-22 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

pascell

Another youngster who's stagnating due to our poor choices.

He's only played 511 minutes in the league from 13 games this season.

I wasn't the only one on here last summer saying it was a mistake sending him back to Alaves, after him barely featuring for them last season.

Chief123

Decent young talent. Unlikely to make it at Utd or the top level.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Another youngster who's stagnating due to our poor choices.

He's only played 511 minutes in the league from 13 games this season.

I wasn't the only one on here last summer saying it was a mistake sending him back to Alaves, after him barely featuring for them last season.
We can bring him back apparently:

After one start in the opening seven games, in which Alavés won once, things are falling into place: Pellistri started wins against Cádiz, Elche and Levante as they went five unbeaten and climbed out the relegation zone. It may not be enough to keep him there. “There’s a clause where if I don’t play a certain number of minutes, they can take me back [unliterally], and mathematically I can’t reach that even if I play every minute until January,” he says.
Good read. Thanks for posting @sglowrider. Level headed, articulate kid.

Red00012

He will never make it at Utd anyway , he’ll do a few loans before we eventually move him on

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
How can you possibly know that?
Precisely. Its amazing how quick we just discard kids and pronounce them as failures, at United. The number of pseudo-scouts, U-8 coaches who think they are professional level coaches and FIFA21 managers we have here, who lack self-awareness is stunning.

Hoof the ball

Funny thing was, he was one of our outstanding performers in pre-season.

Easily forgotten. Right coach, right system, right minutes and who knows? Fact is; Facundo got Ole.

SAFMUTD

Started today but subbed at half time. I haven't watched him but from reports he has been average at best.

He's still young but I don't see him succeeding here, I don't see him having any outstanding attribute.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Started today but subbed at half time. I haven't watched him but from reports he has been average at best.

He's still young but I don't see him succeeding here, I don't see him having any outstanding attribute.
Small fee gamble signing. Should recall him if he gets benched again. Maybe La Liga was too big of a step up?

SAFMUTD

Small fee gamble signing. Should recall him if he gets benched again. Maybe La Liga was too big of a step up?
He's barely started for them, most of his appearances are 10-15 minutes cameos.

He was barely playing last season as well, so it was a weird decision to loan him back again to the same team.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He's barely started for them, most of his appearances are 10-15 minutes cameos.

He was barely playing last season as well, so it was a weird decision to loan him back again to the same team.
i guess the thinking was he’ll have credit in the bank at that club and get exposure to a high standard of football most players his age aren’t getting. I really think we need to utilise the championship for the likes of Pellistri Amad Hannibal etc it’s a high standard and closest in style to the PL. also obviously staying in England should make the arrival back to Utd a little easier. Great shop window. The championship clubs would play the lads a lot. No point going out onto another bench even if it’s a more challenging league

VanDeBank

Ma’am
i guess the thinking was he’ll have credit in the bank at that club and get exposure to a high standard of football most players his age aren’t getting. I really think we need to utilise the championship for the likes of Pellistri Amad Hannibal etc it’s a high standard and closest in style to the PL. also obviously staying in England should make the arrival back to Utd a little easier. Great shop window. The championship clubs would play the lads a lot. No point going out onto another bench even if it’s a more challenging league
The assumption must've been he'd have an easier time acclimatizing in Spain.

I agree the championship is the most preferable destinations for all youngsters that are physically ready.

SAFMUTD

I agree, first of all the point of loaning a player is that he plays so I would focus on loaning him to a team that warrants him a starting place, whatever league it is.

Like you said what's the point to loan a player if he's going to be benched?

vanderpants

He's played plenty this season. 500mins in la liga is very good for his age. No need to recall him at all.
Agree, that experience he will gain will be better than any championship club. He hasn't a chance of breaking into our team yet so pointless recalling him

VanDeBank

Ma’am
He's played plenty this season. 500mins in la liga is very good for his age. No need to recall him at all.
He's not developing though. He looked very lively when he first got there a year ago, like he could assist/score any time. Now he plays on and off and his biggest contribution is tracking his man. At least that's the impression I got when I tuned in earlier this season.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Agree, that experience he will gain will be better than any championship club. He hasn't a chance of breaking into our team yet so pointless recalling him
I think he’d destroy the championship. he’s a dead cert to eventually make it to EL/CL football whether that’s with us or someone else. No shame in being another Adnan or Pererira. Just not quite good enough for us.

Mickson

Does anyone here watch Alavés sometimes? I can't get my head around how little involved he is in every game. He made five passes in 45 minutes, how's that even possible as a winger?

Mylock

He should be recalled and sent out to Birmingham to replace Chong. He needs to tested in the Championship.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Does anyone here watch Alavés sometimes? I can't get my head around how little involved he is in every game. He made five passes in 45 minutes, how's that even possible as a winger?
It's relegation football. They just park the bus if the current score gets them a point.

He should be recalled and sent out to Birmingham to replace Chong. He needs to tested in the Championship.
That's a weird argument, given that La Liga is a better league. Not that I'm oppossed to recalling him. Kids need to play full games every week, not 20min once every 2 weeks.

Red00012

Be careful what you say I was told off for saying the same thing .
He will never make it here unfortunately. I’m not sure the reasoning behind loaning him back to a club where he saw no action last time

dinostar77

Be careful what you say I was told off for saying the same thing .
He will never make it here unfortunately. I’m not sure the reasoning behind loaning him back to a club where he saw no action last time
6 starts last season and ten sub appearances, 5 starts and 7 sub appearances this season so far. So how is he seeing no game time?

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
I’ve watched a few of them in the past if I see he is playing. It is without question the worst football I have ever seen at any level, and I watch quite a bit of lower level leagues. It’s amazing how they could possibly be a top flight team.

They have no discernible quality to their play at all. It’s just struggle to pass around a bit at the back and then smash a long ball with no target in mind. It’s not even purposely playing bad football like a Burnley or Pulis’ stoke. It is just a complete void of any idea of what they are doing.

They’ve had matches where their CBs made about 15 passes in the whole match, and that was against other bottom sides. I don’t understand how both sides can manage to touch the ball so little but they do.

Mylock

It's relegation football. They just park the bus if the current score gets them a point.

That's a weird argument, given that La Liga is a better league. Not that I'm oppossed to recalling him. Kids need to play full games every week, not 20min once every 2 weeks.
Of course the La Liga is a better league, but he needs to be getting games, and he's not now. A season in the Championship would bring him on a ton, he has bags of skill and is very fast, but like many young forwards, he needs to improve his decision making.

SAF is the GOAT

I think that the only 2 reasons he bloody went there are because of Language and mentality.

This team isn't even good for him because of the way they play football and they wasted 2 years of his playing time.

Call him back and try to convince him to go to a team that suits him style wise even if it means to go to another country.

Ekeke

Spain probably suits him too. I dont think he'll make it in the United first team so I expect he'll sign for a mid table la liga club in the summer or the next one and we'll get our money back. Incidently he cost the same as we got for Januzaj and he'll maybe do similar and end up at a club like Sociedad eventually.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
should have sent him to the championship.

The kid looked decent in the reserves and pre season, now he’s had 18 months of his career wasted at Alaves.

Why on earth did we decide a relegation side was a good idea?!

SAFMUTD

The kid looked decent in the reserves and pre season, now he’s had 18 months of his career wasted at Alaves.

Twice

lloyd2wayne

A lot of decisions made by the old regime was head scratching to be honest.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
6 starts last season and ten sub appearances, 5 starts and 7 sub appearances this season so far. So how is he seeing no game time?
The quality of posters has really fallen off the cliff recently. They make crap up without even doing research or just saying things they feel emotionally. He had a relatively successful loan otherwise why would anyone pay take him back? Yet people make crap up or blame Ole for his poor 2nd loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.