Facundo Pellistri image 28

Facundo Pellistri Uruguay flag

2021-22 Performances

View full 2021-22 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Agh yes, the club that has more players at a top level that came through its academy than any other club. Poor management!
And we suck. You forgot the key matter - WE SUCK. And those promoted players are some of the worst. Stop pretending that we have some kind of Class of 92 situation here. Get a grip

Davie Moyes

I reckon he has a good chance of getting some gametime next season.
I hope so.

I've not seen much of him apart from the YouTube clips of his recent Uruguay games. He looks great to me (just on the eye test). His style of play and attributes are fairly unique.

Also I've just read your earlier post about the reasons why the Uruguay manager brought in him into the team and agree with you that we suffer from the same issues so could see him make a similar impact here.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I haven't seen much of him but from what I've seen , I felt he was too weak and easily brushed aside.
Needs to bulk up.

Coops73

There’s a little bit of a Harry Styles vibe about him which will be awesome for our Instagram following, I’m sure the Glazers will take note and I fully expect him to be a regular starter next season along with a new watermelon Sponsor for the ladies.

jesperjaap

Like a few recently, the loans been an absolute disaster. From the little I have seen of him (admittedly from youtube and fleeting glimpses of Urauguay highlights and for us in reserves and preseason).....I like him, good technique and work rate, decent pace, always looking to beat the defender and get forward.

Whether he can make it here is another thing altogether but I would like to see him invovled in preseason and either get a proper loan at a godo English club or involved with a matchday squad place possibly

Jezpeza

Bet he has a blinding preseason
he did this season. I can see him and Amad being in the squad - along with Elanga will be the backup wide men. Who else will we have and we need too many starters to be spending money on backup wingers

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
he did this season. I can see him and Amad being in the squad - along with Elanga will be the backup wide men. Who else will we have and we need too many starters to be spending money on backup wingers
Yes, he’d actually be getting more games here at this point this season as mad as that sounds. I think he’s a better football player than Elanga but less intense in the press/physical.

Jezpeza

Yes, he’d actually be getting more games here at this point this season as mad as that sounds. I think he’s a better football player than Elanga but less intense in the press/physical.
hopefully we can build his fitness with the rest of the squad in pre season

pascell

Just checked to see if he got any minutes this weekend, nope, not one even though Alaves lost 4-0.

For Alaves he's played a total of 90 minutes since 18th December.

SAFMUTD

Just checked to see if he got any minutes this weekend, nope, not one even though Alaves lost 4-0.

Funny thing is that he wasn't playing last season and yet we decided to loan him again to the same shitty team.

It defies logic.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Funny thing is that he wasn't playing last season and yet we decided to loan him again to the same shitty team.

It defies logic.
What's even stupider is he chose to go back.

he's wasted 2 years of his career.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Some players are really bad at managing their careers it doesn't help that we are bad at choosing loan clubs.
I'd just love to see what the thinking is. Why aren't we on the phone to Alaves asking questions? do we even care at this point?

We should have got him out in January.

ash_86

It defies logic.
Only other reason i could think off, he has his mates up there and don't want to get out of comfort zone.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Bloody hell. Didn't he look superb in the international games a little while back? Some of these players would be far better off in our reserves, or 3rd/4th choice in the first team.

Oldyella

Only other reason i could think off, he has his mates up there and don't want to get out of comfort zone.
Club should really have overruled him if it was his decision to go back there.

ash_86

Club should really have overruled him if it was his decision to go back there.
Agree and ideally any well run club will look at the minutes he got last season and say no fecking way. But ours don't care since his wages are taken care .

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus

That's a joke. We've handled this loan terribly. Definitely highlights that lack of 'pastoral care' within the club.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
It’s lucky that his international performances have kept him sort of relevant, without them he would be almost completely written off by now. His next loan move will be crucial.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Agree and ideally any well run club will look at the minutes he got last season and say no fecking way. But ours don't care since his wages are taken care .
Is that the case? And I don't think United pay too much attention to wages.

ash_86

Is that the case? And I don't think United pay too much attention to wages.
If an agent brings forward a loan opportunity , i don't think we don't go into details. It looks like we are just happy the player found a club for himself and his wages are covered. Why would else we be sending him to the same club he barely got minutes last season?

JPRouve

Scout
If an agent brings forward a loan opportunity , i don't think we don't go into details. It looks like we are just happy the player found a club for himself and his wages are covered. Why would else we be sending him to the same club he barely got minutes last season?
I don't think that there is any rational behind it, we don't care much about the playing time of the young players currently on the roster let alone the ones that are not in it, Mejbri has played a grand total of 6 minutes for the senior team. I also don't think that the club cares one bit about Pellistri's wage. This is just an example of the complete lack of competency at United because it's not as if Alaves was the only club that can pay Pellistri's wage and if anything the fact that they are not using him tells me that they didn't invest much financially if at all.

Based Adnan

The club wanted him to go on loan to Club Brugge but the player insisted on Alaves

BlahRules

The club wanted him to go on loan to Club Brugge but the player insisted on Alaves
Why does the club listen to the player? This happened with Januzaj where he opted to go to Dortmund and failed completely. We never saw this amazing wonder-kid after.

Did Garner choose his team or did he only requests that he will be getting game time? The club should be dictating where the player goes if it is for their development unless they are to be let go and the club is willing to compromise.

JPRouve

Scout
Why does the club listen to the player? This happened with Januzaj where he opted to go to Dortmund and failed completely. We never saw this amazing wonder-kid after.

Did Garner choose his team or did he only requests that he will be getting game time? The club should be dictating where the player goes if it is for their development unless they are to be let go and the club is willing to compromise.
Because the club can't force a player to sign a contract with an other club. An Januzaj wasn't an amazing wonder-kid which is why he was sent on loan.

SAFMUTD

I'd just love to see what the thinking is. Why aren't we on the phone to Alaves asking questions? do we even care at this point?

We should have got him out in January.
Exactly, it's like the club doesn't even care if he plays or not.

I mean try to find him a new club in which he plays for, or worse case scenario it would surely be better to train with us than with a relegation team in Spain.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
It’s lucky that his international performances have kept him sort of relevant, without them he would be almost completely written off by now. His next loan move will be crucial.
He is nailed on to start at the World Cup, so hopefully he will get better advice on what to do going into next season.

As opposed to us and Alavés, the NT manager clearly rates him and knows how to get the best out of him. Will also not share whatever stupid rationale drove him to rejoin Alavés.

Personally, I do think ETH could use him and given the extent of turnover required will prioritise other roles. Surely we have enough options for RW with Sancho, Amad and Pellistri? Anyone seen our midfield and fullbacks lately?

Alfie092

Can someone briefly summarise the current situation with Pellestri?

roseguy64

Player's aren't slaves. Don't know if you were informed of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.