Facundo Pellistri image 28

Facundo Pellistri Uruguay flag

2021-22 Performances

View full 2021-22 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Based Adnan

Can someone briefly summarise the current situation with Pellestri?
Brought for £7m and loaned out to Alavas last season in January where he was limited to being a substitute. Last summer the club wanted him to go on loan to Club Brugge but he wanted to go back to Alaves again. This season again he's had limited opportunities almost exclusively off the bench. Meanwhile he's established himself this season as a Uruguayan international with some good performances in some must win World Cup qualifiers.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
They're under contract. The club has no obligation to send players on loan to the club of their desire.
Nor does the player have any obligation to move to the club and city we choose for them.

"Oi Big Ben Foster, you are under contract so you are off to Shakhtar Donetsk next week". You game for that?

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Nor does the player have any obligation to move to the club and city we choose for them.

"Oi Big Ben Foster, you are under contract so you are off to Shakhtar Donetsk next week". You game for that?
Never claimed he did. But the club could've easily vetoed his move to Alaves and kept him with the U-23s.

BlahRules

Player's aren't slaves. Don't know if you were informed of that.
Slaves? Being paid millions to do a job is not called a slave. When Ronaldo was not allowed to leave for Real Madrid, Sepp Blatter said that United treated him like a slave. I assume this was also true. As well as every person who works for a living a slave?

SAFMUTD

Training with professionals is much better than playing youth games.
I don't know how much improvement can he get by only training with a team like Alaves to be honest. I think it would had been much better for his development to play with the U23.

GoldanoGraham

Got to admit forgot about him with all
the current noise….so we must have had good scouting reports on him to sign in the first place, albeit that scouting regime is on its way out and certainly doesn’t have much pedigree……however, would be good that when he comes back for preseason the new management get a good look at him and decide a career path that will be beneficial rather than complete shambles we have currently.

roseguy64

Slaves? Being paid millions to do a job is not called a slave. When Ronaldo was not allowed to leave for Real Madrid, Sepp Blatter said that United treated him like a slave. I assume this was also true. As well as every person who works for a living a slave?
What the hell are you talking about?

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Player's aren't slaves. Don't know if you were informed of that.
Well, the club should be allowed to keep them at the club if they dislike a loan move. I mean, that's sort of the blanket assumption when signing a contract at a club.

Conor

In fairness, that happens in jobs all the time, consultants etc. do it on a regular basis while being paid a lot less than he is.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Well, the club should be allowed to keep them at the club if they dislike a loan move. I mean, that's sort of the blanket assumption when signing a contract at a club.
The club is allowed to keep them, that's the standard situation...

VanDeBank

Ma’am
You suggested that clubs aren't allowed to keep players. So, no it's not what you said.
"Well, the club should be allowed to keep them at the club if they dislike a loan move."

I'm confused :lol:

Let's just say it's not what I meant. United is free to keep Pellistri or any other player at United if they think the loan move sucks.

JPRouve

Scout
"Well, the club should be allowed to keep them at the club if they dislike a loan move."

I'm confused :lol:

Let's just say it's not what I meant. United is free to keep Pellistri or any other player at United if they think the loan move sucks.
I can see that you are confused. Your post made no sense because you stated what actually is as if it wasn't and it had nothing to do with what @roseguy64 was talking about.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I can see that you are confused. Your post made no sense because you stated what actually is as if it wasn't and it had nothing to do with what @roseguy64 was talking about.
poster A: The player shouldn't have much input in where he plays.

Poster B: Players aren't slaves.

Poster C (moi) responds: The club should be allowed to keep him at United, because that's what you supposedly sign up for. (implying: "players aren't slaves if the parent club holds them to their contract at United, which is different than sending him to Siberia when he wants to go to Hawai")

We're talking about a situation where we don't send a player (back) out on loan to Alaves.

Okay, sugar? ;)

JPRouve

Scout
poster A: The player shouldn't have much input in where he plays.

Poster B: Players aren't slaves.

Poster C (moi) responds: The club should be allowed to keep him at United, because that's what you supposedly sign up for. (implying: "players aren't slaves if the parent club holds them to their contract at United, which is different than sending him to Siberia when he wants to go to Hawai")

We're talking about a situation where we don't send a player (back) out on loan to Alaves.

Let me know if it clicks for you, sugar ;)
That's not what poster A said and behave yourself we don't have that type of relationship.

VanDeBank

Ma’am

VanDeBank

Ma’am
It takes some serious dishonesty to cut that post and claim that it's exactly what was written. :lol:
Leaving out an example citing Januzaj or a question on Garner's loan isn't dishonest, it's simplifying the source text for someone that is struggling to grasp it.

Post A starts with a rhetorical question, and the full post conveys the meaning of: "The club should decide against a player's preferred loan destination if they think it's a bad choice", followed by an example (Januzaj) and a question on Garner, both things the slave bloke clearly didn't respond to!

It's clearly the part ("club shouldn't go through with a player's preference if they think it's a bad idea") that poster B ("players aren't slaves") responds to.

Good talk.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He's decent but lets be honest, the team that managed to spunk 40million on Amad and Pellestri need shooting let alone firing. What the feck are we thinking.
Panic buying to appease fans

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Got to admit forgot about him with all
the current noise….so we must have had good scouting reports on him to sign in the first place, albeit that scouting regime is on its way out and certainly doesn’t have much pedigree……however, would be good that when he comes back for preseason the new management get a good look at him and decide a career path that will be beneficial rather than complete shambles we have currently.
Diego Forlan recommended him to us. Bout and Lawlor having a line on a youth prospect from South America...yeah right :lol:

Brophs

The One and Only
People tie themselves in knots with players like this, trying to come up with reasons why yet another loan for one of our players hasn't worked out. Sure, he might be good. The more likely conclusion is that he's not good enough. At the moment, at least. He's spent two underwhelming seasons away at a club that would, I assume, be only delighted to have access to a player good enough to be a first team player for United, as some on here suggest. Their sparing use of them, having watched him every day, suggests there may be something lacking. Which tallies with what Andy Mitten wrote at the time, from memory. Decent player, but people were surprised a club like United picked him up.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
People tie themselves in knots with players like this, trying to come up with reasons why yet another loan for one of our players hasn't worked out. Sure, he might be good. The more likely conclusion is that he's not good enough. At the moment, at least. He's spent two underwhelming seasons away at a club that would, I assume, be only delighted to have access to a player good enough to be a first team player for United, as some on here suggest. Their sparing use of them, having watched him every day, suggests there may be something lacking. Which tallies with what Andy Mitten wrote at the time, from memory. Decent player, but people were surprised a club like United picked him up.
It's possible but he's looked great for Uruguay and for our U23s. The problem with Alaves is that he's an attacking player and they're ridiculously shite. If they actually attacked they would be worse off than they are so he doesn't get many opportunities. He's young and only been away from Uruguay for two seasons, so the somewhat familiar experience of doing this in Spain should benefit him.

SAFMUTD

When we signed him many were surprised as he was good in the uruguayan league, but not "big league" good, never mind Manchester United good. We paid 8.5M which is not a big fee, its just strange that we bought him when he hasn't showned anything special.

I think realistically he has one more season to prove he can make it here, he has to go on loan again and make a name for himself. If he spends another year on the bench we should get rid.

Gandalf

It's possible but he's looked great for Uruguay and for our U23s. The problem with Alaves is that he's an attacking player and they're ridiculously shite. If they actually attacked they would be worse off than they are so he doesn't get many opportunities. He's young and only been away from Uruguay for two seasons, so the somewhat familiar experience of doing this in Spain should benefit him.
This sums it up. Alaves essentially park the bus in every game and seem to have no more ambition than to limit the amount they get smashed by. The tactics and formation don't require a naturally attacking winger which make it baffling that they signed him and even more baffling that we did not recall him in January when we could have done and he was frankly expecting us too. I think at an attacking championship club like Forest he would have got a lot more game time and toughened up physically as well. Alaves was a terrible move in every sense.

Tiber

Crazy how much money was invested in the panic buy of Diallo and Pellistri when we missed out on Sancho.

Wonder if they will ever start 5 games between them

luke511

Crazy how much money was invested in the panic buy of Diallo and Pellistri when we missed out on Sancho.

Wonder if they will ever start 5 games between them
Amad will be a regular next season if other positions are prioritised in the summer window over right wing. He could still turn out to be a great player and good value for money.

Tiber

Amad will be a regular next season if other positions are prioritised in the summer window over right wing. He could still turn out to be a great player and good value for money.
Isn't he a squad player for Rangers? How does that translate to becoming a stater for United next season?

luke511

Isn't he a squad player for Rangers? How does that translate to becoming a stater for United next season?
Who is going to play ahead of him? He's the only proper right winger at the club, along with Pellestri. Elanga is strongest on the left along with Sancho, Rashford can't play there at all. He's played well 90% of the game's he's featured in since joining us, he just had a bad game vs Celtic at Celtic Park and from that point Van Bronckhorst decided to rely on his experienced players in the important fixtures. He's got the potential to be good enough as he's already shown in a utd shirt.

Tiber

Who is going to play ahead of him? He's the only proper right winger at the club, along with Pellestri. Elanga is strongest on the left along with Sancho, Rashford can't play there at all. He's played well 90% of the game's he's featured in since joining us, he just had a bad game vs Celtic at Celtic Park and from that point Van Bronckhorst decided to rely on his experienced players in the important fixtures. He's got the potential to be good enough as he's already shown in a utd shirt.
A very mid table attitude. Settle for the best we can find on hand even he can't start in Scotland? It would certainly save money which could be used for dividends

VanDeBank

Ma’am
A very mid table attitude. Settle for the best we can find on hand even he can't start in Scotland? It would certainly save money which could be used for dividends
It's rather realistic. I don't see us bringing in 2 players for that position in one transfer window.

Ralf sent Amad out on loan and decided to start Rashford. When he went on strike, Ralf was forced to play Elanga out of position.

I can imagine ETH making a different decisions...

Marwood

I don't think why the loan hasn't worked out is what people are generally questioning.

What's baffling folk is why it's been allowed to continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.