Facundo Pellistri image 28

Facundo Pellistri Uruguay flag

2021-22 Performances

View full 2021-22 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bwuk

The Amad loan didn’t really work out, but I wouldn’t be against sending Pellistri to Rangers on loan next year - provided there was discussions about minutes before hand.

Hes got talent but Alaves was a stupid loan.

Caesar2290

Isn't he a squad player for Rangers? How does that translate to becoming a stater for United next season?
Loans are a very poor way to judge a player. Take Harry Kane for example: didn't pull up any trees at Leicester, Norwich or Leyton Orient, yet is considered by many of the best players in the PL.

As for Amad, he was scapegoated for that 3-0 tharshing they got from Celtic. Every time I've watched him play he was class. I'm farily certain ETH will give him a shot at the starting XI in the pre season.

Rinnegan240

i see him getting a few loans around then eventually getting sold.

He’ll fall off the face of the earth and we’ll get to watch him start for Real Majodahonda in a couple Copa del Rey fixtures.

His decision to return to Alaves after that first shipwreck of a stint is just poor decision making and as much as United have culpability for sanctioning this move, I always believe in personal agency –it’s your career for godsakes, take some action!

Alfie092

Another rubbish signing
Typical United... rushing to buy in the very last minute a Poundland version of Sancho because we failed to get the number 1 choice player we wanted. So went cheap with Pellestri with a low percentage chance he would end up being even half as good as Sancho...

M16Red

I have confidence this guy will come good.

Then again, I once said Saido Berahino would out score Kane :lol:

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Every player who starts pre season will be hoping to impress the new manager/coaches, which means everyone will be starting with a clean slate, so some players who are perceived as 'rubbish' by some on here, may surprise us and actually be quite good.
Regarding Pellestri, a young player who regularly gets picked for his country, especially one in South America, a very passionate place for football, and in games which they had to win to qualify, shows that he has something in his game that certain managers like.

Based Adnan

Poor loan spell aside I'm not sure how people can consider £7m on a now 20 year old Uruguayan international a poor signing.

Alongside first team signings we should be making more of these relatively low risk high reward signings imo.

Wrecking ralf

I've wondered how hed get on at Ajax, say if we signed Antony and sent him on loan there.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I'm not sure, from the players perspective, that making the move to United was such a great idea, outside of the possible financial element too.

Pellestri was getting consistent game-time for Penarol plus was gaining interest before he made the move to us.
He had alot of decent and respected club keeping tabs on him and ones who may have been quicker in implementing him into their first team squads.

I don't think United had a greatly in-depth long-term plan for him either ,other than to continuously ship out on loan and let him develop elsewhere.
The first loan move to Alaves was bad, the 2nd a absolute disaster. What were United thinking ?

I think Amad could fall into the same category too. Maybe for himself it would've been best for him to stay at Atalanta.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I don't understand the way we have handled Pellistri. Whether we believe he can make it at United, or we just want to boost his value for a sale, we have managed him terribly.

Why did we not terminate the loan in winter and get him somewhere else? Almost feels like we've forgotten about the guy. We moved Laird, why not Pellistri?

His performances for Uruguay have been promising. Yes, the game is slower blah blah. However, he's doing stuff where you can see the potential. So odd that we have just let him drift.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I don't understand the way we have handled Pellistri. Whether we believe he can make it at United, or we just want to boost his value for a sale, we have managed him terribly.

Why did we not terminate the loan in winter and get him somewhere else? Almost feels like we've forgotten about the guy. We moved Laird, why not Pellistri?

His performances for Uruguay have been promising. Yes, the game is slower blah blah. However, he's doing stuff where you can see the potential. So odd that we have just let him drift.
You know he has a say in this as well, by most information out there, he wanted the Alaves loan. Also someone's got to want him, to be able to move him.

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
Is back in action with the national team and Alaves have been relegated after 3 mangers this season.. Ha. Was the wrong move for him this season. But seems to be rated very well by his national team coach. I have a feeling that ETH will be keen to work with him, see what we can do with the lad.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
We are not quite at Chelsea-level with these loan deals, are we? :lol:
Is back in action with the national team and Alaves have been relegated after 3 mangers this season.. Ha. Was the wrong move for him this season. But seems to be rated very well by his national team coach. I have a feeling that ETH will be keen to work with him, see what we can do with the lad.
He wanted to go back there because he got some decent playing time the previous season -- against United's advice.

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
In all honesty I'm really keen to see this lad Facundo Pellistri and Amad Diallo get some proper coaching and training on the pitch and at their club home. Alongside half a dozen others, there is real potential for them to be important team players. It's about time we focused on bringing through the quality kids, and I hope this lad can benefit from ETH. We really need to get that RW sorted out and this looks like a good opportunity to reallocate some transfer money.

GazTheLegend

In all honesty I'm really keen to see this lad Facundo Pellistri and Amad Diallo get some proper coaching and training on the pitch and at their club home. Alongside half a dozen others, there is real potential for them to be important team players. It's about time we focused on bringing through the quality kids, and I hope this lad can benefit from ETH. We really need to get that RW sorted out and this looks like a good opportunity to reallocate some transfer money.
While I agree, our fans lack patience nowadays, the manager lacks time, and the level of football in the premier League is so high now that it's basically sink or swim for these players. If they don't immediately make an impact, they won't get another chance, there's too much at stake now. Pellestri needs to put everything into it the way Elanga did to get a real shot.

NoPace

Putting my neck on the line - I think Ten Hagg will be use him.
From the compilation videos, his best quality seems to be similar to Antony's in the sense of getting open by coming deep on the touchline to pick up the ball and bring it into the final 3rd.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Putting my neck on the line - I think Ten Hagg will be use him.
I dont think he has a choice. We aren't signing a left footed attacker this summer. Plan is to try the kids - Facundo & Amad for that right wing spot.

lex talionis

Comprehensive victory by Uruguay. Darwin only got garbage time, but it was impossible to ignore his enormous potential even in first gear.

lex talionis

All this boy needs is a manager who trusts him. Shame he has wasted two years on that useless loan but all is still not lost.
Agreed. Give him a chance. It’s not as though we’re on the cusp of PL and CL trophy wins going into next season, so let’s see what Facundo can do at least in the first half of the season.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Honestly, I think there is a quality player there. His close control reminds me of someone…

Status
Not open for further replies.