Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Some want us to sign Zaha on a free when we have the likes of Pellistri,Diallo and Garncho who all deseve a chance.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
How are our fullbacks inverted?
He probably means that our fullbacks do cut inside quite a lot instead of the usual overlapping. Shaw is probably the only one who does overlaps regularly and effectively.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
The way Pelli burned their defenders in the build up to the 4th goal. :drool: More games please.

boru

What’s the issue with him? Each time he plays, he really is impressive. Surely he deserves more playing time. Is he poor in training?
Apparently he's a brilliant trainer and very popular with the squad. I just think the manager likes to persevere with a core of players and he's very much on the periphery. Hopefully the manager starts to trust him more because he deserves more minutes.

redshaw

Would be sad to lose him, he looks electric every time.

What’s the issue with him? Each time he plays, he really is impressive. Surely he deserves more playing time. Is he poor in training?
Might be his defensive duty but Antony really lapsed lately after working hard before tracking back.

Skills

Snitch
He probably means that our fullbacks do cut inside quite a lot instead of the usual overlapping. Shaw is probably the only one who does overlaps regularly and effectively.
Underlapping is probably the correct word, rather than inverted. But that's exactly what I meant.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Ah, finally. A proper goddamn winger who takes his man on. Oh how I've missed this.

kaku06

Honestly, the guy is so talented. I don’t even think he’s that raw. Very different from our other wingers too. Would love to see him getting a run of games. I believe in him.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Nice aggressive stance, it looks like he can past through one or two opponents. Could be just what we need, when Rash or Antony having tougher days.

lsd

The Oracle
Was it Forlan recommended him to Ole? If so thanks Diego he really looks a great prospect and I would love to see him starting a game.

In a few years time we could have him and Garnacho as first choice wingers

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
That 4th goal wouldn't have been possible with Antony or Sancho. They don't have the pace (or right foot either in Antony's case) to get to the by line and do that. He did great there did the young lad.

Criminal we haven't seen more of him really.

Sgreddevil

Yess was saying this in my WhatsApp groups. Direct and pacy. Hope he plays more or starts next leg.

He's looked good in all his cameos so far and even at the world cup
He was also known as the young uruguay messi as both have similar style of dribbling. But let's not overhype him yet until he has proven sufficiently.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Think ten Hag is missing a trick if he doesn’t give Pellistri more of a chance, akin to taking Rashford off for Garnacho around 75 minutes he should be doing something similar with Antony for Pellistri.

Welbeckham

I’ll be very disappointed if he doesn’t get a genuine chance to prove himself in some PL matches. He’s earned it.

Lee565

Give him.and garnacho the full game against betis away please.

It's looks like sancho is going to have to do with playing back up to bruno for the no.10 spot at this rate with Antony and pellestri for the right wing and rashford and garnacho for the left

Dan_F

I know we’re all excited because he offers something a bit different to Antony, but we should probably trust what Ten Hag is seeing every day on the training, and the situations he is being used in.

He’s done great in two 10 minute cameos against tired opposition, one being a league one team. I’m not knocking the kid, just adding a bit of balance for those calling for him to start Premier League matches.

RedOrange

That 4th goal wouldn't have been possible with Antony or Sancho. They don't have the pace (or right foot either in Antony's case) to get to the by line and do that. He did great there did the young lad.

Criminal we haven't seen more of him really.
He was able to do that because the defenders had been on the pitch for 82 minutes and he hadn't.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
I know we’re all excited because he offers something a bit different to Antony, but we should probably trust what Ten Hag is seeing every day on the training, and the situations he is being used in.

He’s done great in two 10 minute cameos against tired opposition, one being a league one team. I’m not knocking the kid, just adding a bit of balance for those calling for him to start Premier League matches.
Ten Hag has done pretty well with most of his selections this season, albeit he has made some strange decisions which seemingly haven't worked (last Sunday?), so he doesn't select Pellestri from the start for a reason, but saying that, I would love to see him start in one of the remaining matches we have this season.
I'm genuinely excited about Garnacho, Pellestri, Amad, Hannibal and Mainoo for next season, love to see these youngsters making their mark.

SAFMUTD

Definitely needs more minutes, great cameo. For all the talk about Garnacho and Amad, Pellistri definitely deserves a shot.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Should never play again this season for that scandalous play by going on the outside and using his right foot.

We don't do that at this club and standards shouldn't be allowed to slip.

RedOrange

And also because he has a right foot, surely?
I'm just pointing out that a 10 minute cameo against exhausted players isn't really indicative of what you're going to get if you start a player. I say this because in fact Pellistri has started a match this season in which he was not running past a lot of defenders and couldn't keep up with tracking back and pressing.

He's done well coming on as a sub, but it's not as simple as "well he's looked good when he has been subbed on for the last 10 minutes he'll be a big improvement on Antony if he starts."

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Said it for a few years now, this lad is a baller. He really took his chance tonight. Delighted!
He’s really good, not really had a bad performance when he’s played this season. Think ten Hag could get a lot of value bringing him and Garnacho on around 70 minutes most games, they’re both so talented and direct that you’re almost guaranteed to get joy out of attacking their fullback at that stage in the game.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I'm just pointing out that a 10 minute cameo against exhausted players isn't really indicative of what you're going to get if you start a player. I say this because in fact Pellistri has started a match this season in which he was not running past a lot of defenders and couldn't keep up with tracking back and pressing.

He's done well coming on as a sub, but it's not as simple as "well he's looked good when he has been subbed on for the last 10 minutes he'll be a big improvement on Antony if he starts."
Antony isn't a true winger in my eyes. All he cares about is shooting. Occasionally it comes off for him like it did once tonight.

Pellestri is more of your orthodox winger. Beats players 1 on 1 and gets balls into the box. Garnacho again is more direct like Pellestri.

Status
Not open for further replies.