Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
I think Pellestri, Iqbal, possibly Mainoo will all go on a season loan next season, I just hope they go to good teams, Sunderland, Middlesbrough?
I like Pellestri, I really think there is a Steve Coppell type of player there, and I think we will become blessed with right sided players soon, Antony, Sancho, Amad, even Bruno in some matches, so it's going to be tough to nail down that RW spot.

RyRy11

I really hope we look to secure a Premier league loan for him or Amad next season. We've had ample opportunity to give him minutes but EtH prefers to shunt Bruno out there which I personally believe makes us worse. Not finishing games off early has probably paid a big part too. I'm not sure if he's going to be a first team player yet but I like what he provides.

Matt851

Shame he didn't play more, might have given us a good chance of getting a decent fee for him

Ibi Dreams

He should probably leave really, which is a shame because I do like the look of him. But he needs to be playing games

jesperjaap

I realy like him from the little we have seen. Dont think he quite has the star quality of Garnacho, but I think given more minutes he could have also made a big impact as he seems quite similar to me. SOuth American, young, slight, quick, direct with good technique.

For his sake I woulo dbe considering his future here....however I think he actually offers more than Elanga ad Amad too and if Sancho doesnt kick in early next season, given the opportunities (which I still doubt he gets) I think he can really breakthrough and be a big impact player for us.

I think it would be a mistake for us to sign Mount this summer. I actually think Amad, Pellestri, Hannibal and Iqbal give us options as back up to Fernandes and tha Eriksen has to be moved further forward as a back up too as he hasnt got the legs. That is Mounts best position and he is also very good on the left, but I think he only gives us something in erms of intelligent movement....I think these youngsters are actually capable of performign the same role he would beyong that, we dont need a left sided back up and in terms of a number 8 think there are better options.....and most of them cheaper than Mount

kundalini

Superb driving run from deep that led to Sancho crossing for Weghorst's big chance near the end.

Pellistri is a good player. He should have been given a chance this season given how underwhelming Antony has been. Indeed, the whole Antony signing is completely mystifying when you've got a talent like Pellistri already at the club.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
He should probably leave really, which is a shame because I do like the look of him. But he needs to be playing games
I agree, I think we might be missing a trick with him but we have to assume ETH knows what he's doing, in his own interest it's time to move on

Valencia Shin Crosses

Superb driving run from deep that led to Sancho crossing for Weghorst's big chance near the end.

Pellistri is a good player. He should have been given a chance this season given how underwhelming Antony has been. Indeed, the whole Antony signing is completely mystifying when you've got a talent like Pellistri already at the club.
Antony is NEVER pulling off the run Pellistri did at the end there.

dalriada

I think ETH likes to stick with a team and try and get them working together regularly, he doesn't rotate much - yet. I suspect using players like Pellistri is a bit of a luxury for him until he gets his core squad right. Personally, I hope he feels he can rotate more next season and use Pellistri - I like his directness, it's a breath of fresh air from some of the dithering around the box. Most of the press reporting suggests a new contract but another loan season for him, which would be a shame but is sounding likely.
As for the comparison with Anthony, you have to assume that ETH is seeing something in their respective performances that favours him. Often coaches are looking for skills beyond the ones that get our attention.

CM

Needs a loan next season. Pellistri's rapid and looks like he could be a good player for the right club but he's too rough around the edges for United at this point in time. In the meantime he needs a club who will play him every week.

Dr Foo

He's been a threat every time he's come on. Hopefully gets to start more matches next season, and prove he is more than just able to do it against tiring defences. Certainly deserves a chance if Antony is still ineffective next season

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Agreed. Can't see him staying this summer. He'll go somewhere else for £10-15m, make a good career for himself, continue to start for Uruguay, while we hope other more expensive buys turn out to be worth it.

Banana Republic

I’d rather see Pellistri get a decent run out next season and get a chance to impress.
A proper test of his capability in this squad.
He’s an exciting player who can cause defences serious problem, but isn’t getting the playing time to get any consistent form.

By contrast, Antony is too one dimensional.
His decision making is terrible, more often than not.
He just puts the blinkers on, ignores other players who make good runs, or overlaps and his only end game is to cut inside to launch one of his trademark left footers towards the far post. Which 9 times out of 10 ( or worst) is off target.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
I’d rather see Pellistri get a decent run out next season and get a chance to impress.
He’s an exciting player who can cause defences serious problem, but isn’t getting the playing time to get any consistent form.

He just puts the blinkers on, ignores other players who make good runs, or overlaps and his only end game is to cut inside to launch one of his trademark left footers towards the far post. Which 9 times out of 10 ( or worst) is off target.
As much as I'd like to see it I don't think it'll happen, there have been plenty of opportunities this season to do so and it hasn't happened

For the sake of his career I think Pellestri needs to leave

lex talionis

Heed this man.

Ekeke

While thats true Antony has his relationship with the manager and a proven enough record that we paid what we did to sign him. Someone like Pellistri who is 21 now without having a record of end product in mens football is unlikely to be a player who is picked consistently. He needs to do as Amad has done and go out on loan to where he will play often and show that he is an attacker who will cause problems, create and score goals. He needs a championship loan to a club likely to finish in the top half and could make a run for the playoffs.

lex talionis

I hope we do keep Pellistri. Perhaps a stretch, but I really can see him being more productive for us than Antony. That said, Sancho has looked far better on the right than the left and he might be the one to feast on Antony should the fiesty Brazilian refuse to adapt his game to the PL.

SoCross

I’d be inclined to send him out on loan next season, Sunderland if possible. Don’t see many minutes for him here. Really like this kid, hopefully his future is with United.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
I’d be inclined to send him out on loan next season, Sunderland if possible. Don’t see many minutes for him here. Really like this kid, hopefully his future is with United.
I'd rather send Sancho on loan to Sunderland!

Smores

Giving Amad time next season here and sending Pellestri out on loan would be a smart move. Pellestri really needs to play each week and he's probably shown enough in glimpse for someone to want him on loan.

OrcaFat

Something tells me this kid is going to see a lot of action next year.
Everyone is raving about Amad but I think Pellistri looks much closer to being ready for substantial game time in the Prem. It would be nice to see them both in preseason and August even if they end up going out on loan after that.

surf

He'll be competing at right wing with Amad, Sancho, Antony, possibly even Greenwood. All 5 are fairly similar in age and Pellistri is underdeveloped relative to the others. Not convinced that Romano's tweet makes much sense given how little EtH has played him this season.

Bondi77

It amazed me how he was not getting decent minutes in the first team in the second part of the season.
I would love for him to get a season long loan deal with one of the promoted clubs and really get a chance to show his skills on a regular basis.

Levi1

I only watched him in the world cup really, but he didn't look that impressive to me

OrcaFat

It amazed me how he was not getting decent minutes in the first team in the second part of the season.
I would love for him to get a season long loan deal with one of the promoted clubs and really get a chance to show his skills on a regular basis.
My theory is the guys who don’t seem to get minutes they deserve are the ones who can’t (or don’t) follow the EtH rules properly.

Hughes35

I've really liked the look of him in his small cameo appearances.

At 21 though it really is a big season. If he doesn't break in to our first team now, then I don't think it will ever happen for him.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
I really hope he can get a good loan for next season. He reminds me a lot of Stevie Coppell, possibly not guite as good defensively, but has a little bit more attacking wise.
From nowhere we seem to be overloaded on the right now, Antony, Amad, Sancho, Pellestri, even Rashford and Bruno can play there.
Amad could develop into a 10, Sancho has one more season, unless we can get a good price now, so I can see Pellestri coming back to compete for that RW spot.

Bondi77

My theory is the guys who don’t seem to get minutes they deserve are the ones who can’t (or don’t) follow the EtH rules properly.
That is a fair assumption but it is in contrast to Erik stating that Facundro was really good in training and also said he was not going on loan because he was going to get chances.
It was not as if we had players in that position tearing it up when they were on the pitch and probably struggled to make any sort of impact.
I would say it is more down to the financial outlay on certain players that determined game time and that is why I would like to see him go on loan in the Premiership.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
That is a fair assumption but it is in contrast to Erik stating that Facundro was really good in training and also said he was not going on loan because he was going to get chances.
It was not as if we had players in that position tearing it up when they were on the pitch and probably struggled to make any sort of impact.
I would say it is more down to the financial outlay on certain players that determined game time and that is why I would like to see him go on loan in the Premiership.
There is no way financial outlay should be determining how much playing time a player gets, I'd be very surprised if that was the case, Antony gets subbed virtually every match and Pellestri hasn't been given much of chance to replace him

Valencia Shin Crosses

There is no way financial outlay should be determining how much playing time a player gets, I'd be very surprised if that was the case, Antony gets subbed virtually every match and Pellestri hasn't been given much of chance to replace him
I always hate when people note how much a player costs when determining who plays. If as a club we are really doing that then we might as well pack it up anyways.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
I always hate when people note how much a player costs when determining who plays. If as a club we are really doing that then we might as well pack it up anyways.
I hate it even more when they say he's not an 80 million player but would be OK as a 40 million one, that's fecking nut's, the player's either the right one of the wrong one!

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
It is typically a case of sticking in Weghorst and shunting Bruno out wide, which is bonkers to me.

By all accounts though, the kid is a good egg, can't see it being an attitude thing or application to doing defensive work, he has always been fine in that respect.

Maybe he is just too nice, on top of his flimsy build, and ETH wants more aggression/oompph.

Status
Not open for further replies.