6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

mav_9me

I've always liked him even when he played the friendlies. I'm not sure exactly what it is the coaches don't like, but that was a very pleasing cameo.

Yes I know the Charlton defenders were probably knackered at that stage, but he just has a natural glide and agility, and had good decision making.

I'd give him minutes before Elanga right now.
What has he done to be behind Elanga in the pecking order? Clearly it's not on footballing abilities? His work rate seems fine from the cameos I've seen of him. It's pretty bizarre he's behind Elanga who offers nothing.
Not sure why Ten Hag hasn't used him. Should be getting far more chances than he has.
Should be getting Elanga's minutes.
Could not agree more. Despite not getting any game time looked way more confident and just natural on the ball.

Even if he is not ready to start, he is clearly an option to bring on, no?

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Has lovely technique and some composure to him, which is probably more than Elanga has shown so far.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I’ll stick to my view. I’m a huge fan. I hope we give him more chances as he has bags of talent. So unselfish.

zaafi

He played well enough in La Liga, especially against Atletico and Barcelona, and certainly deserved game time a lot sooner. Also international for Uruguay and has shown his abilities for them so no idea why Elanga is played ahead of him.

ManRed

I hope this is the start of his United career. Looks lively and naturally plays as RW.

Elcabron

He replaced the goal scorer Antony. Was curious if @izec thought he should've started over him.
Sorry man, I was just trying to be funny...poor attempt.

I think he probably should have started seeing as how ETH changed it up a lot. Was a breath of fresh air when he came on. He is 21....he is ready.

Hoof the ball

Intelligent.

He takes the ball, drifts to the centre to allow the defender to follow AWB's overlap and finds himself in a much better space to slip a perfectly weighted ball to Rashford. What you'll see is an assist. What you'll miss is some brilliant movement with the ball to make the next pass high percentage.

It's not as if his previous minutes haven't warranted more minutes already. He's been really good in two straight pre-seasons, he's been really good in the World Cup, and shown promise in what few minutes have been afforded to him. I don't like the idea that Elanga is given an abundance of minutes to play himself into some kind of adequate form, but Pellistri has to out-do Elanga with breadcrumbs. It's not even as if Pellistri isn't hard-working. Every time I watch him he offers a lot on defensive transition too.

Reactions: Fortitude

ManRed

He played well enough in La Liga, especially against Atletico and Barcelona, and certainly deserved game time a lot sooner. Also international for Uruguay and has shown his abilities for them so no idea why Elanga is played ahead of him.
This is the only puzzle in ETH reign I cant get my head around.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He's always been a talented player and his performances for Uruguay are testament to that.

Charlton was only a League One out fit but he showed a good level of touch, technique and decision making which made a difference and ultimately killed the game off for us.

If he can become a genuine first team option for us, then that will make us stronger going into the second half of the season.

Lost bear

Could not agree more. Despite not getting any game time looked way more confident and just natural on the ball.

Even if he is not ready to start, he is clearly an option to bring on, no?
He was great, eh? What a cameo. I’m a massive fan of ETH but I really can’t fathom what he sees in Elanga that is better than this kid. Mesmerising performance.

BorisManUtd

Looked good for Uruguay at WC so glad he may start getting his chance at United regularly.

Sylar

Did well and was calm with the ball. Great cameo going forward, got an assist, could have had two and defended well too

Better than Elanga already. Not even joking. Great decision making on the assist and a lovely technical turn out of pressure in his own area helping out the defence.

Start him Vs Reading.

PoTMS

I honestly think if given the chance, he can challenge Antony for that right wing spot.

Rauður Djöfull

Commentators said it was his debut
Is that so?

Good one if so and a good cameo nonetheless
Hope ETH keeps up the play on merit and gives him minutes instead of Elanga next time

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Interesting. I’ve been critical of Pellistri to the point where I didn’t see him making it here. But I liked everything he did tonight. Thought that was very very good.

Alemar

Must be given Elanga minutes now. A very good option off the bench going forward.

BorisManUtd

Better than Elanga already. Not even joking. Great decision making on the assist and a lovely technical turn out of pressure in his own area helping out the defence.

Start him Vs Reading.
Definitely, I'd start him in Carabao Cup too if we draw Forest/Wolves. Him on right and Garnacho on left could be terrific options to have.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He and Garnacho are exactly what Man United wingers should be, constantly looking for the ball, taking on their full back and driving into space, that should be the bare minimum. Can’t wait for his next appearance.

pacifictheme

Should be no surprise that he played well considering he was playing for Uruguay in the world Cup and yet I was surprised to see him play well for us.

DeeDee7

looked graceful and composed out there. Had the benefit of a tired league one side glsending lots of bodies forward, albeit he took absokute advantage of that.

My guess is he is behind the likes of Elanga purely on physical attributes. Starting him in a prem games definitely looks premature, but I think he would offer more as impact at this stage when we want to finish games off against lower prem teams with that composure and silky game of his.

Reactions: Fortitude

-Supreme-

It will be very difficult to get game time with the competitions on the wings when we still have Sancho to come back

Lights Out

What an impressive little cameo. Definitely one to play when Antony needs a breather.

TheReligion

Abusive
Has anyone mentioned Elanga yet? Or that they are baffled?

Anyway let the grown ups speak instead of parroting.

I’m sure EtH will note his contribution and he will get opportunities. He’s been very fair with everyone especially younger players who have done well when called upon, such as Garnacho.

AneRu

Elanga's not the only guy Pellestri should be taking minutes from.
Right on, he is a genuine first team contender its just that we have fecked him over with those pointless loans. He should get more chances with the fixture pile up we have over the coming months and I wouldn't be shocked to see him overtaking Antony by the middle of next season if the latter continues with his yo yo form.

Rolaholic

Sigh. Hope it's to a good club atleast
The proper decision would be to allow Elanga to go on loan to Everton and have Pellistri take his place in the squad moving forward.

He showed enough during the WC to show that he can be an asset for us in my opinion.

We've got loads of matches coming up to spread the minutes around between him and Garnacho.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

Did very well with the limited time he had. Always liked his style and the way he carries the ball, reminds me a bit of Messi. Hopefully he will get some more chances soon.

Robindinho

Where's he been?!

Think far too much gets put on Elanga's 'physicality' - that has to be the only reason he's seemingly ahead.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Him and Garnacho as super subs/rotational starters…

Status
Not open for further replies.