Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Similar to Amad last season then who missed a Feyenoord(?) loan due to injury right at the end of the window — won’t get a loan in the summer but will probably go out in January.

Tallis

Looking at his style of play, I wonder if we can convert him into a RB. He is good at carrying the ball / decent pace and puts in the work defensively.

Trequarista10

Bump.

Seems to be the forgotten man atm. Is it still possible for him to go on loan somewhere? Not sure about the loan window deadlines across the divisions. Behind Elanga and Garnacho for a spot on the bench/I'm the squad so very limited opportunities if he stays. A loan out to increase his market value/last throw of the dice to see if he can step up would make sense surely.

Based Adnan

Bump.

Seems to be the forgotten man atm. Is it still possible for him to go on loan somewhere? Not sure about the loan window deadlines across the divisions. Behind Elanga and Garnacho for a spot on the bench/I'm the squad so very limited opportunities if he stays. A loan out to increase his market value/last throw of the dice to see if he can step up would make sense surely.
Think he's still injured. ETH said he wasn't due back till at least September when asked a month ago.

Wouldn't be surprised if we see him appear for the first team a bit over the course of the season. Thought he impressed during pre-season.

flappyjay

Think he's still injured. ETH said he wasn't due back till at least September when asked a month ago.

Wouldn't be surprised if we see him appear for the first team a bit over the course of the season. Thought he impressed during pre-season.
He is one I hope to see make a few professional appearances for us, hopefully he gets some in the Europa.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs

I've no idea what Ole thought about him (nor do I care, frankly) but every other manager he played for swears by him in terms of attitude and tactical application. I think both our context/challenges and ETHs preferences are consistent with that being a significant asset.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Dubious article. Claims he wasn't able to secure a loan move but totally excludes that fact he was injured on tour. Gus Poyet is a feckwit, too.
I forgot he was injured. Terrible article for not even mentioning it.

I really hope he makes Qatar. Would be great experience. I think he's better than Elanga.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I forgot he was injured. Terrible article for not even mentioning it.

I really hope he makes Qatar. Would be great experience. I think he's better than Elanga.
I think the Uruguay manager likes him, so he should be a part of things. Hopefully he can resume training soon and maybe get a couple of games for us, too.

Daonico

I don't think his place in the Qatar is at risk unless he has fitness issues.
He was given a chance and impressed in the qualifications despite barely playing minutes at the time. I remember everyone around here was pretty surprised and then full of praise after the his firsts caps.

Based Adnan

Yeah from what I've seen he plays every game for Uruguay when fit. Doubt his place in Qatar is at risk but do agree that he'll probably struggle for playtime at United when fit.

Personally think he should be given a chance over Elanga when he's available. He's an established Uruguayan international for a reason.

ggg333

Yeah from what I've seen he plays every game for Uruguay when fit. Doubt his place in Qatar is at risk but do agree that he'll probably struggle for playtime at United when fit.

Personally think he should be given a chance over Elanga when he's available. He's an established Uruguayan international for a reason.
But doesn't Pellistri primarily play on the right? and Elanga on the left? never seen him play on the left. So he would be competing with Sancho and now Antony?

Based Adnan

But doesn't Pellistri primarily play on the right? and Elanga on the left? never seen him play on the left. So he would be competing with Sancho and now Antony?
Yeah he plays on the right and that's his main position but he's right footed. Can't see any issues with him also playing on the left.

antohan

Yeah he plays on the right and that's his main position but he's right footed. Can't see any issues with him also playing on the left.
He isn't a cut in and shoot merchant. Right winger, will go to the World Cup and play as one. No place for him at United or Alavés for... errr... reasons.

Based Adnan

Some nice praise from Araujo
“I think Facundo Pellistri is surprising. Obviously we know the quality that Fede Valverde, Bentancur, Darwin have… we all know the quality they have. But Facundo Pellestri surprised me quite a bit."

“Especially since he hadn’t been playing. And more because of the level that he gave in the national team, that he was spectacular. Besides, we understood each other very well on the right wing. Facundo was the one who surprised me the most, yes."
https://www.sportskeeda.com/footbal...-honest-admission-manchester-united-youngster

flappyjay

Had a stinker.
Only recently came back from injury after last playing in pre season. He had no business starting. Maybe their trying to get him fit for November as he won't get much game time in red.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Apologies for my brief and unhelpful comment! I didn't see the game I just saw the ratings. Being the worst player on the pitch in the first half by some way usually means something is way off.
Jesus relying on ratings? Didnt see him play..... you are having a stinker!

antohan

We've lost the "surprise factor" as before rivals didn't expect him to play and/or didn't know what they were up against. Now they do and someone like Queiroz, with a boring low block side, is going to study him and set things up to deal with him effectively.

Getting doubled up on when coming off an injury and with little if any football, you are bound to struggle, and he did.

In any case, we lost because for some bizarre reason we started Suarez and Nuñez while benching de Arrascaeta and de la Cruz. I'd start Suárez with either of those two in a game like this.

Edit: losing the creativity and build up from those two made it easier to just worry about Pellistri.

Grande

We've lost the "surprise factor" as before rivals didn't expect him to play and/or didn't know what they were up against. Now they do and someone like Queiroz, with a boring low block side, is going to study him and set things up to deal with him effectively.

Getting doubled up on when coming off an injury and with little if any football, you are bound to struggle, and he did.

In any case, we lost because for some bizarre reason we started Suarez and Nuñez while benching de Arrascaeta and de la Cruz. I'd start Suárez with either of those two in a game like this.

Edit: losing the creativity and build up from those two made it easier to just worry about Pellistri.
Thanks for the review.

Craig Ward

Hard to see how he gets game time without majorly impressing if he gets a cameo here and there. And that's a big IF.

We are stacked with wide forwards - even our central forwards this year in Rashford and Martial are better wide. Big inbalance across our front three.

Pellistri has Antony, Elanga, Rashford, Sancho and Garnacho ahead of him across RW and LW. Diallo's took the loan option wisely. Too much heat across the wide forward role and barely anything central.

He could be great for us but it's very hard to see how he gets regular game time bar some major injuries to a lot of players

Devil81

Given the number of games over the next month he may actually get his chance in a few of the Europa league games.

Don't think there is much chance of seeing him today but nice to see him on the bench.

BehemothTerror

In the travelling squad for Omonia, hopefully gets minutes for ETH to assess him further

NoPace

I think we should loan him to a team that plays the 3-6-1 type thing with the box midfielders that Potter uses. He dribbles well, work hard and doesn't seem to run in behind much. Feels like a good fit for that role Trossard played. Not sure who that is, but if I had a mid-table side in Europe I'd be looking to get him in on loan to play wide and with some defensive responsibilities.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I dunno, seems risky. We need to nail his next loan after basically wasting 2 years of his development at Granada. I'd send him to the Championship where we have a lot of lads already flourishing, it's also the league with the most natural step up to the PL which is obviously beneficial for us long term.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Bit of a shame if it's permanent as I don't think we ever got the chance to see what he can do, back to back horrendous loans hasn't helped though.

Wrecking ralf

Doubt it would be a permanent move. He’s obviously got more potential that Elanga. I’d argue that he’s ahead of him currently but just isn’t going to get game time yet. A loan to a championship team th at will start him would be good this year. The Alaves loans were stupid.

Chief123

From the little I’ve seen of him, I’m convinced he would offer us more than Elanga does. I’m surprised he’s not been given more chances. Looks more comfortable on the right than most of our forwards.

Ace of Spades

I think it will be a loan, not permanent. Still plenty of contract left, on low wages and probably want a good loan experience before we sell him for some decent money.

Status
Not open for further replies.