6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief123

He never featured for ETH in official game yet, “more chances” is not the phrase to use
That’s some serious dedication to go to the effort to correct the context. :annoyed:

It’s still factually correct as he has featured under ETH.

TheRedHearted

Imagine a player saying this during fergie days. Guy goes on loan and does feck all, you’re supposed to wait for your chance when you’re not on loan and the idea is to be above elanga, or if Rashford takes the 9 role another wing spot opens up. I don’t condone this unless this is his management putting pressure on ten Hag. Even then I don’t support that. This guy didn’t dazzle on loan

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I think he has bit potential, but I’m unsure if the PL is the league for him. I really hope he gets chances before the WC though. He’s clearly doing something right to be on the bench rather than being cooped up with the U23s.

SlimDizzle075

I honestly feel like anything w/ regard to United that took place under Ole and Ragnick should be ignored as the lack of discipline and garbage atmosphere of misery weighed a LOT on players shoulders and effected players abilities. Especially younger players who may play with a touch of anxiety or fear having not established themselves as pros yet. However I have seen enough of him at international level to know he can play ball. I would like to see a ETH coached Pellistri play in an ETH coached team before we see the back of him. Might save us some money in the transfer market.

Strootman's Finger

In a sense I don't blame him, because he isn't getting a sniff in here. However a few weeks back neither was Garnacho, although he apparently took the advice from ETH and worked his way into the team. Is Pellistri not capable of that? I hope so, and I would like to see him at least a few times before we ship him out.

Abraxas

Imagine a player saying this during fergie days. Guy goes on loan and does feck all, you’re supposed to wait for your chance when you’re not on loan and the idea is to be above elanga, or if Rashford takes the 9 role another wing spot opens up. I don’t condone this unless this is his management putting pressure on ten Hag. Even then I don’t support that. This guy didn’t dazzle on loan
I'm really not sure it's that dramatic. Football has changed since Fergie's days, not many clubs run by fear or control everything that comes out anymore because there are simply too many channels, agents are way more prolific and have huge influence - it's just the lay of the land.

The guy has not had enough football here or on loan. No blame is necessary, he's probably just not ready for a club like United, and he still has his own career to look after which includes being a Uruguay first teamer and his agent is responsible for ensuring he gets there.

Ace of Spades

It is not that controversial at all, he was set to go on loan before the season started, and only stayed as he was injured.

T_Model101

There will potentially be a lot of interest if he has a good WC. He's making the squads here for PL games, and I see that as a positive sign.
He looks like a talented player, but we haven't exactly had many "gimme" games this season to try him out in

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
There’s a proper player in there IMO, I hope we keep hold of him.

OleGunnar20

I'd be disappointed to see him go permanently without being given a chance, especially after those disastrous loans.

He looks talented from the little I've seen and comfortable on the right. As many have said it wouldn't take much to outdo Elanga with his current form.

city-puma

He has been included in the match squad several times in a row. He will probably get a chance very soon. Hope he is ready for that.

Dearg hÉireann

If he doesn't get on the pitch tonight at some point it's clear Ten Haag doesn't rate him.

He's had some really good moments for the Uraguay senior team, his spell at Alves was disappointing but we really are a graveyard for young players, bad loans, too long spent in the U23s.

As an example, Savage and Iqbal should have had loans this season.

Dearg hÉireann

It doesn't really work like that.
Thanks for your insight but I disagree.
Pellistri has over 60 club appearances for Penarol and Alves, 7 appearances for the Uraguay national team. He's 20 years old, not a kid fresh from the academy. He may well not be up to the task of playing for United but I think it's pretty obvious that he's not rated or trusted by Ten Haag.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
In a sense I don't blame him, because he isn't getting a sniff in here. However a few weeks back neither was Garnacho, although he apparently took the advice from ETH and worked his way into the team. Is Pellistri not capable of that? I hope so, and I would like to see him at least a few times before we ship him out.
I believe in ETH. He can gauge what level he's in and what's his optimum ceiling.

It's not good enough to be can be potentially good enough for United backup. If that's his optimum realistically attainable level we might as well sell him and move on.

He needs game time to achieve his ceiling, we cant afford to give him that while we're still on our way back to top 4.

Sometimes we just have to held our hands up and chalk it as wrong buy

Leonzo1

Called up to the World cup squad. He is a a curious case, 0 appearences since signing 2 years ago despite being included in the squad several times. Yet he is a starter more often than not for a very good Uruguay side.

Elcabron

At the very least we should be able to sell him for 15m in January if he makes a few appearances at the world cup.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
If he doesn't get on the pitch tonight at some point it's clear Ten Haag doesn't rate him.

He's had some really good moments for the Uraguay senior team, his spell at Alves was disappointing but we really are a graveyard for young players, bad loans, too long spent in the U23s.

As an example, Savage and Iqbal should have had loans this season.
Whether or not he rates him, I think it’s more been the case that both parties acknowledge he’s done here. His agent says Facundo wants to leave on a permanent deal. Which does make sense - why would ten Hag waste minutes on a player who is now leaving?

flappyjay

Whether or not he rates him, I think it’s more been the case that both parties acknowledge he’s done here. His agent says Facundo wants to leave on a permanent deal. Which does make sense - why would ten Hag waste minutes on a player who is now leaving?
Facundo is leaving because of minutes. Ten Hag tries him and maybe he shows something he likes, he gives him more minutes. It's for the benefit of the club if it turns out he is decent.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Facundo is leaving because of minutes. Ten Hag tries him and maybe he shows something he likes, he gives him more minutes. It's for the benefit of the club if it turns out he is decent.
Like with Garnacho, there's obviously a reason he isn't/wasn't playing.

Red Rash

Should have been loaned out this season. Considering we have Anthony, Sancho, Elanga, Rashford and Bruno who can all or have played RW this season ahead of him we don't need a sixth choice not getting game time.

Based on how Amad is doing on loan I'd imagine Pellistri may be even further down the pecking order by summer.

Marcus

I hope he does well. One thing I noticed from his highlights video is his first touch is quite heavy. Either that or he thinks he is pacy enough to get the better of defenders by pushing the ball further forwards. Ah well.

city-puma

I hope he does well. One thing I noticed from his highlights video is his first touch is quite heavy. Either that or he thinks he is pacy enough to get the better of defenders by pushing the ball further forwards. Ah well.
We will watch more of him through World Cup. Let’s how he does.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Should have been loaned out this season. Considering we have Anthony, Sancho, Elanga, Rashford and Bruno who can all or have played RW this season ahead of him we don't need a sixth choice not getting game time.

Based on how Amad is doing on loan I'd imagine Pellistri may be even further down the pecking order by summer.
He got injured in pre-season which scuppered any chance of going out on loan.

nakpodiareuben

He did dazzle on loan. Reason he is with the world cup squad. Agents this days are using manutd club to get huge profiles

nakpodiareuben

I believe in ETH. He can gauge what level he's in and what's his optimum ceiling.

It's not good enough to be can be potentially good enough for United backup. If that's his optimum realistically attainable level we might as well sell him and move on.

He needs game time to achieve his ceiling, we cant afford to give him that while we're still on our way back to top 4.

Sometimes we just have to held our hands up and chalk it as wrong buy

I think your point in paragraph 3 is spot on. But I disagree he is a wrong buy. This guy plays for the uruguan national team. Highly rated in uruaguay during his loan spell there last season. He was playing games during the pre season. The problem we have now is that we are fighting to keep up with other teams. So you play with your best team at all times. The FA cup is coming, we still have the league cup. I really think he will get his time.

ETH subtly made it clear that his best squad will travel to the Scandinavian for the Athletico Madrid game. Pellestri was part of that squad. I think Anthony arrival pushed him a little back the ladder.

Glorio

Really grated that when Antony got injured, we didn't leave the rest of the team as-is and play Pellistri. Even if he stunk out the place, you'd still have Bruno, Rashford, etc in their correct positions. Instead we had them all struggling for being shifted around.

Perhaps he just wasn't showing certain things to convince management. He's Garnacho's good mate apparently, so hopefully his mate's recent rise puts a fire in his belly - No innuendo please!

dinostar77

Looking forward to seeing him play for uruguay national team at world cup. The TIFO (the athletic) youtube channel in their tactical preview of group H mentioned him as "raw, but very promising young talent".

I hope he has a great world cup and either gets game time at utd or game time on loan. A young kevin debryne remains the cautionary tale about giving up on young talent too early.

SoCross

He did dazzle on loan. Reason he is with the world cup squad. Agents this days are using manutd club to get huge profiles
I recall reports saying very much the contrary. If anything, we were all moaning about how it was a terrible choice of a loan club.

jeepers

It didn’t turn out to be an ideal loan for the club nor for Pellestri, but obviously he did well enough to be called up to the Uruguayan main squad and seems to be an essential part of the squad, since he’s going to the WC. He did decently considering it was a new league and new teammates, and at a shit club. If he does leave, I hope we insert some sort of a buyback clause in there for the future in case he develops into a good enough player.

Status
Not open for further replies.