6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

podurban2

There is no way we will agree to anything else but a straight loan, right?

glasgow 21

Agree. After Antony we have no RW in the squad. If he can't get ahead of Bruno or Elanga in that position then there's no point.
To be fair, if I couldn't get infront of elanga in this team I would be phoning my agent "get me out of Hereeeeeee" However not every player can expect ETH to solve all of their problems in 5 months. If Sancho is back then it would look like he is ahead of Pellistri.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Why not send him to the championship? We keep sending him to Spain like it's by design all along -- Spanish shopwindow?

Ceteris

We are going to eff about and lose this guy. If he couldn't get a game against Palace after a good debute when is he going to play?

Bojan Djordjic

Which is not the sign of a great manager. One thing SAF was never afraid to do was to ditch a big signing and play a kid if the big signing hadn't been producing.
Or maybe EtH values different things than you or other fans. There's no doubt that Antony (and Elanga to a lesser extent) is very good defensively and when Antony doesn't play, the team is in my view more vulnerable to counters. Antony is also very good at winning the ball higher up pitch, keeping the ball and slowing it down when good passing options aren't available (Bruno and others are guilty of making silly/difficult passes for the sake of it when good options aren't available). Antony also positions himself really wide so as to stretch the play and create space in the half spaces. It's not even like he hasn't been productive so far. His goalscoring record has been pretty decent and has scored in big games.

ManRed

Difficult to see how he makes his way to United squad we got wingers in Rashford, Sancho, Anthony and Garnacho with Amad back from a successful loan spell. He is a really good right foot talent to have in the squad but our over investment in the wingers department not helping his cause.

Hope he moves with an option to rebuy in few years time.

RuudTom83

Would be nice to see him loaned to a Premier League club or at least stay in England…these Spanish loans feel a bit counterproductive, if the end goal is to get him into the first team at United.

PoTMS

He made a mistake signing for United. Don't think we'll be getting any Uruguayan players anytime soon. Seems like Alvarez, Caicedo and Fernandez made good career moves.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He made a mistake signing for United. Don't think we'll be getting any Uruguayan players anytime soon. Seems like Alvarez, Caicedo and Fernandez made good career moves.
Some very stupid logic in this comment, good effort.

Bojan Djordjic

Why? Our track record with young players is shite post Fergie
It's not really though, we've had Rashford, Lingard and McTominay become first team players. Greenwood was nailed down as a future star if he could have behaved like a normal human being. Shaw and Dalot both joined as teenagers and have established themselves as two really important players in the team. Garnacho is breaking through and looks like he'll have a very promising career at the club if he commits. I'd say its as good a track record as any of our top six rivals.

Skills

Snitch
It's not really though, we've had Rashford, Lingard and McTominay become first team players. Greenwood was nailed down as a future star if he could have behaved like a normal human being. Shaw and Dalot both joined as teenagers and have established themselves as two really important players in the team. Garnacho is breaking through and looks like he'll have a very promising career at the club if he commits. I'd say its as good a track record as any of our top six rivals.
We deserve no credit for Shaw & Dalot. We almost hugely fecked up two massively talented players - Shaw was a PFA Team of the Year player before he even joined us a 17 year old, and Dalot only got saved because of a managerial change. They've both made it inspite of the clubs dreadful mismanagement - not because of it.

Bondi77

I would be wanting to see that Antony can offer more than what he is doing at the moment and Sancho has come back fitter and stronger before I would send Pellistri on loan but that is not going to happen because of the massive outlay on the two players.
They will get Fred and Lindelof time to prove themselves, I just hope Erik does not dig himself a hole by continually playing players when they don't deliver.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
We deserve no credit for Shaw & Dalot. We almost hugely fecked up two massively talented players - Shaw was a PFA Team of the Year player before he even joined us a 17 year old, and Dalot only got saved because of a managerial change. They've both made it inspite of the clubs dreadful mismanagement - not because of it.
I think you need to change your expectations, not every young player will make it for various reasons.
We have as good a record as any of the teams in the PL at bringing youth through, in fact better than most.
secondly fans have no patience, they want results now and expect a fortune to be spent every window on new toys. Where do young players that we develop fit into that?
I remember Eric Harrison saying that you’re extremely lucky if you get one youngster making the first team squad every season.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Wonder how old Bukayo Saka, the scorer of a world-class goal against us today, is... Oh! He is 21. Exact same age as Pellistri, except nobody considers him to be a kid.

I guess players are only snowflake toddlers at 21 when they play for United… Everywhere else, most 21 year olds are good enough for a senior team. Got it.

Bondi77

I hope he gets another chance to impress against Forest...I really cannot see what we have to lose.

flappyjay

Wonder how old Bukayo Saka, the scorer of a world-class goal against us today, is... Oh! He is 21. Exact same age as Pellistri, except nobody considers him to be a kid.

I guess players are only snowflake toddlers at 21 when they play for United… Everywhere else, most 21 year olds are good enough for a senior team. Got it.
We are not even asking for him to start the big games but to just give the kid some time on the field here and there. Sancho has been gone for months and this kid has made 1 appearance in that period that's crazy.

NewGlory

We are not even asking for him to start the big games but to just give the kid some time on the field here and there. Sancho has been gone for months and this kid has made 1 appearance in that period that's crazy.
Exactly!

Thiagoal

That seems a little unfair considering how much game time Garnacho is getting at 18! A 17 year old centre mid is also a regular on the bench! Maybe Pellestri just isn’t good enough?

NewGlory

That seems a little unfair considering how much game time Garnacho is getting at 18! A 17 year old centre mid is also a regular on the bench! Maybe Pellestri just isn’t good enough?
That is my point. People claim Pellistri is not getting game time because he is a "kid". But that makes no sense. There may be other reasons why EtH is not playing him, but age is a very weak argument. He is not that young.

Also, this from Mancini :D

mshnsh

Difficult to see how he makes his way to United squad we got wingers in Rashford, Sancho, Anthony and Garnacho with Amad back from a successful loan spell. He is a really good right foot talent to have in the squad but our over investment in the wingers department not helping his cause.

Mordern football has moved away from traditional wingers and we need to as well.

NewGlory

Rashford and Garnacho play on the left. On the right we currently only have Antony, and when we needed to replace Antony we had to play Bruno there. That is how thin our right wing has been. We could have definitely used another talented right-winger, if Pellistri was good enough. Whether he is a starter for long-term is not the point, the point is – we have metric ton of games and nobody up front scoring but Rashford.

Lost bear

We are going to eff about and lose this guy. If he couldn't get a game against Palace after a good debute when is he going to play?
Yes, it’s one of the few things I can’t understand amongst ETH’s decisions. He was so much better than Elanga, yet has not played since.

fallengt

Play him in FA cup. The result shouldn't matter
We don't have to win everything.

Bojan Djordjic

That is my point. People claim Pellistri is not getting game time because he is a "kid". But that makes no sense. There may be other reasons why EtH is not playing him, but age is a very weak argument. He is not that young.

Also, this from Mancini :D

Maybe we should be asking Signor Mancini who he's talking about and go after them before they break out.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Almost as though not all 21 year olds are as physically developed (or as good at football) as each other. Crazy, right?

AneRu

Yes, it’s one of the few things I can’t understand amongst ETH’s decisions. He was so much better than Elanga, yet has not played since.
I hope this won't be taken the wrong way but the cynic in me suspects that managers hold certain players back to protect their favorites. I had this feeling with Ole, we know that Pellistiri and Amad, were club signings after we walked away from the Sancho deal, suppose Ole gave them a fair crack and they exploded would the club have signed Sancho the next season? Same with Pellistori here, if he plays well and does well then the manager is under pressure to play him over his €100m signing. Its just a thought.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Played his part in Bruno's goal. Have to say, absorbed oppo's defense quite often during his minutes on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.