6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

daveskimufc

Would like to see him start Vs reading l, or 2nd leg. He does look very slight though.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
He seems more of a threat than Antony (based on 30mins I've seen him playing obviously)... but he doesn't seem so sound on the ball what apparently ETH loves. So I am not sure if we will see a lot of him this season.

Real Name

I don't know, man. He only was on the pitch for 20 minutes and made like 7 bad ones. Feel free to praise him if you want, did I ever say you are not allowed to? Why are you so mad when I call out his mistakes? All I said was that he played very poorly and if he doesn't improve it, he will be sold. They key word being "if". I fecking love United, you think I won't be happy if he turns it around and becomes great?
I'm not mad, Jesus. Whats up with all this drama?
20 minute cameo and you're all about if he doesnt improve he'll be sold.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Saw a bit more about why he hasn't been given more chances in that last outing. He does pose a threat though, and many of those errors will go with more playing time I think. Hope he does get a start vs Reading but seems more likely he will be on the bench.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I don't know, man. He only was on the pitch for 20 minutes and made like 7 bad ones. Feel free to praise him if you want, did I ever say you are not allowed to? Why are you so mad when I call out his mistakes? All I said was that he played very poorly and if he doesn't improve it, he will be sold. They key word being "if". I fecking love United, you think I won't be happy if he turns it around and becomes great?
Judging by your posts in this thread I'm gonna go with no.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
I'm not mad, Jesus. Whats up with all this drama?
20 minute cameo and you're all about if he doesnt improve he'll be sold.
It's an opinion. You could live with the ones you disagree with if you try. This opinion is not attacking you or doing you any harm. It's ok. You don't have to shoot the poster

You can tell me you were right if he turns out to be our star any time soon. I won't tell you "told you so" if he is sold or loaned in the Summer. Deal?

Lecland07

I thought he looked quite a bit more dangerous than Antony. Given a full game, I think he would have ended with a goal or an assist in that game.

There was that dodgy pass, and the foul, but attacking-wise I thought it was good.

lex talionis

I thought he looked quite a bit more dangerous than Antony. Given a full game, I think he would have ended with a goal or an assist in that game.

There was that dodgy pass, and the foul, but attacking-wise I thought it was good.
Agreed. Facundo looked quite decent in his 20 minutes.

But I’m curious why he’s taken such a beating here for the foul that led to the free kick just outside the box and just inside the byline. Defenders get beaten by wingers all the time (Rafael v Vardy, to take one of thousands of examples) and wingers defending wingers don’t often end well for the defending winger. It’s too much to demand that Facundo should have stopped the attacking winger and count that as a black mark in an otherwise solid performance. So it really comes down either letting the winger who just beat him go free into the box or take him down just outside the box. The decision is an easy one, is it not?

Kag

Shades of Tosic with this one. Around the club for what feels like years, looks like he could be half decent, yet will probably disappear without a trace and sink into obscurity.

I like the look of him, actually. At worst the club should be looking to make a profit on him.

Nick7

Shades of Tosic with this one. Around the club for what feels like years, looks like he could be half decent, yet will probably disappear without a trace and sink into obscurity.

I like the look of him, actually. At worst the club should be looking to make a profit on him.
Tošić was only at United for 18 months before being sold.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
So that "foul" by Pellistri near the penalty box. How was it a foul when the opponent just sticking out his leg across Pellistri's, without even attempt to get ball?

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
It's funny but senior players lacking match fitness always get excused for those kind of mistake yet youth players are expected to be completely sharp.

His 'nearly giving away a pen' was nothing of the sort it was a deliberate and smart foul outside the box. Thats exactly what you want your player to do in that position if they can't win the ball.

You've got to be a right miserable git to not enjoy an exciting cameo because of one misjudged pass.
Agree. Senior defenders give away these fouls but no one calls it an error. The lad came on and contributed. We should just be happy he is showing ability.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He had that shocking 60 second period, but otherwise he was decent. I think some are going overboard by saying he was good (unlike against Charlton where he actually was good for the short period he was on), but he wasn't bad either. Hope he can build on that.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
So that "foul" by Pellistri near the penalty box. How was it a foul when the opponent just sticking out his leg across Pellistri's, without even attempt to get ball?
I've just seen this, and you are absolutely right. When are referees going to clamp down on this obvious 'cheat' to win a free kick, or more likely a penalty. It's becoming more prevalent in all football now, and it appears as though players may be being coached in this 'dark art', and with good honest hard tackles being deemed as dangerous nowadays, the game I've loved watching for many many years is just a parody of what it used to be.

Skills

Snitch
That foul was fine. It was outside the box, if he made it inside the box it would've been poor and I don't think it's a good option to let someone run into the box in that position.

Obviously he fecked up the pass before that, but I don't want our wingers in that position anyway.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
That foul was fine. It was outside the box, if he made it inside the box it would've been poor and I don't think it's a good option to let someone run into the box in that position.

Obviously he fecked up the pass before that, but I don't want our wingers in that position anyway.
In all honesty, it wasn't a foul by Pellestri. The Forest player places his right leg across Pellestri, so there is unavoidable contact. Yes, I believe that he must learn from this action, that opposing players will do this as a matter of course, so it's part of a learning curve, but the actions of many forwards now are to try to win a penalty, but if I can plainly see what some players are doing now, why can't the referees, or their association.

Prodigal7

Hope he stays at the club and gets integrated into the first team. I’m prone to bias here because I just love the way he plays and moves with the ball at his feet.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Hope he gets a start tomorrow night. Would be good to see him him play more minutes and it would give us a clue of what level he’s at by playing a championship team. I’d of thought diallo was the better player out of the 2 yet ones on loan at Sunderland and we have the other one here.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Hope he gets a start tomorrow night. Would be good to see him him play more minutes and it would give us a clue of what level he’s at by playing a championship team. I’d of thought diallo was the better player out of the 2 yet ones on loan at Sunderland and we have the other one here.
To be fair he would have gone out on loan had he not picked up an injury against Liverpool in pre-season. Lucky for us, I guess. Hope he starts tomorrow because he's an exciting young talent with lots of potential.

lex talionis

Give the young man more minutes, perhaps even a few starts. If he performs above the level of Antony and/or Sancho, so be it.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Yeah that cross he made to Johnson was truly world class... :D except it was to the opposition forward. Good thing Johnson is an absolute clown and somehow, shockingly managed to waste it (and thank God for Licha who got it back), but Pellistri definitely did his best to gift them a goal on 83rd minute. And that was seconds before he almost gave them penalty as well. Truly Messi level forward :)

I honestly think if Pellistri doesn't get his head out of his ass, he will be sold in the Summer and it will be good riddance. Hope we can make some money on him, for a change.
New petition anyone who uses a screenshot still to make a point about football should be given a length ban+fine

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
New petition anyone who uses a screenshot still to make a point about football should be given a length ban+fine
Yeah but can you not see the arrows he added? Marvellous stuff.

I hope him and Garnacho get a start against Reading. It is one thing coming on for 15 minutes against tiring defenders in a game that is stretched, its another to play from the start of a match. What can he do against a low block? Will he track back and defend? Are both him and Garnacho too small right now to defend set pieces? ETH will be looking at all these things but I hope he gets the start tomorrow so we can see what he is made of.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
We can all agree it was a dogshit pass, but I've seen better players do worse things than that.

Remember Bruno's pass against Palace in the last game of the season last year? blind over his shoulder straight to the opposition player etc.

Rashford had a string of dodgy passes like that, he even did 1 recently against Palace too. It happens.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
I think at least some of the criticism is a backlash to the growing notion that our incompetent manager has been unfairly excluding a right footed Lionel Messi, because of his impressive cameo against Charlton.
Players getting backlash from idiots for what other idiots think is at the centre of everything that's wrong about "supporting" a football club these days.

DieRedOrDieRed

I expect him to make minutes against reading. It's that kind of match. He's a future star for us and definitely a great talent.

Marwood

Yeah that cross he made to Johnson was truly world class... :D except it was to the opposition forward. Good thing Johnson is an absolute clown and somehow, shockingly managed to waste it (and thank God for Licha who got it back), but Pellistri definitely did his best to gift them a goal on 83rd minute. And that was seconds before he almost gave them penalty as well. Truly Messi level forward :)

I honestly think if Pellistri doesn't get his head out of his ass, he will be sold in the Summer and it will be good riddance. Hope we can make some money on him, for a change.
I think others have said how harsh that is on Pellistri but why is Johnson getting stick as well?

Looks a very promising young player to me, not "an absolute clown"

Also, is it even Johnson who gets the pass from Pellistri?

Bojan Djordjic

I think most fans just don't think Pellistri has gotten a fair chance to prove himself. Wasted two years playing for a terrible Alaves team that in no way helped his development for possession heavy side. With familiarity it may become clear that he's not up to the level but far worse players have had far more opportunity to show that they can or can't make the step up and he has looked very bright in the few cameos he's made this season and in pre-season (acknowledging nervous mistakes from the last night).

Crimson King

I think most fans just don't think Pellistri has gotten a fair chance to prove himself. Wasted two years playing for a terrible Alaves team that in no way helped his development for possession heavy side. With familiarity it may become clear that he's not up to the level but far worse players have had far more opportunity to show that they can or can't make the step up and he has looked very bright in the few cameos he's made this season and in pre-season (acknowledging nervous mistakes from the last night).
Apparently he was very picky about where to go on loan and Alaves was one of the few places he was willing to go to.

Perhaps if he'd listened to the club staff and spent a season slogging it in the Championship (a league which is actually a very good level of football on the whole, these days) then he'd be closer to the first team than he has been.

You only have to look at Amad, who was more than happy to go and live in Glasgow and Sunderland to get football, rather than insisting on a beautiful city in northern Spain. And as you've pointed out, the football there would have done very little in terms of preparing him for playing in the EPL, let alone for a club like Utd.

TheReligion

Abusive
He’s getting the chance now so fans need to stop complaining about the past. Ten Hag has been here months and has been assessing the squad. This isn’t a quick process and whilst he’s been here there’s been plenty to do.

Ekeke

We know that he chose to return there a second time and didnt do that well. So theres a lot of personal responsibility to this situation. However clearly the manager has seen him in training and decided to give other players chances instead of him, so even in our own camp ETH prefered what he saw out of Elanga and Garnacho. Sancho and Antony were always going to get plenty of chances. Now with his cameo this week he has probably done enough to play himself into the team or at least get another go off the bench and he needs to continue that and make something of those chances he gets too.

Because next season Amad comes back and at this point Elanga and Pellistri will have a lot to do before the end of the season, or he'll be the one getting the chances to play and they'll be the ones out on loan or moving on.

Most importantly I believe that Pellistri needs to find some end product with chance creation and goals. Theres been very little of that in first team football so far in his career and you cant hope to be an attacking player and not be decisive in affecting the scoreline of matches every few games. He had some good movement last time out, he can look quick and fluid running with the ball at times but none of it will matter if he cant score or create a goal every now and then. At 21 he still has plenty of time, but 18+ months on when he's coming up to 23 this will need to be sorted and he'll need to have established himself with a real path to playing a decent amount of football for the first team... If not here then somewhere else

SATA

Not seeing it from him yesterday to be honest. Seems easily pushed off the ball too. Perhaps he needs more competitive minutes. Garnacho with the same minutes showed way more on the other wing

Status
Not open for further replies.