Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Not seeing it from him yesterday to be honest. Seems easily pushed off the ball too. Perhaps he needs more competitive minutes. Garnacho with the same minutes showed way more on the other wing
Barely had a ball to show anything. On the other hand what has Garnacho showed in the same amount of minutes based on the last game? He just kept going at playsrs and losing the ball, and also we moved the ball to his side more... Pellistri need a proper run, with a couple of 90 mins games and kick on from there. It's hard to judge players who have 17 year old Manoo to move the ball with a pace of a snail in a disjointed team.

BTW I also think that players could show his potential in limited minutes, but I think some of the games are just worst to judge players, like the last 25 minutes yesterday.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Interesting, all it takes is a good Antony performance for no one to show any interest in him.
Just don't think there was a whole lot to discuss, still like him coming on as a sub, still want to see more of him, that's about it really.

Red-17

Seemed a bit of a weird off balanced set up when he came on. Antony was still drifting to the right almost every move and AWB was still getting forward, so they all seemed to get in each other's way a bit. It certainly gave Garnacho a hell of a lot of room on the left side which is certainly part of why he was much more involved although lacking in his end product.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
He was probably our worst sub performance out of the 5. Are you happy now?
We don't get FA Cup games here, at least not in the subscriptions I have. Seeing as he got 20+ minutes I was hoping to hear something from those who did.

Far more useful / nuanced posts than yours in here, and that includes mine pointing out how for 24hs his performance wasn't worth a single mention.

jamesjimmybyrondean

We don't get FA Cup games here, at least not in the subscriptions I have. Seeing as he got 20+ minutes I was hoping to hear something from those who did.

Far more useful / nuanced posts than yours in here, and that includes mine pointing out how for 24hs his performance wasn't worth a single mention.
I don't think he did anything. I can't even remember seeing him

dinostar77

He just needs more first team football. The fact that he plays on the right and can cross with his rigjt foot makes him a useful option.

Will get better with more experience and minutes.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I like him but a loan was probably best for him unless ETH uses him regularly

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'd expect he will start this game, hopefully with Sancho on the bench to swap in around 60/70?

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I'd expect he will start this game, hopefully with Sancho on the bench to swap in around 60/70?
I'd like to see Sancho start on the left and show us his new explosive side with Pellistri on the right.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'd like to see Sancho start on the left and show us his new explosive side with Pellistri on the right.
Garnacho obviously deserves to start and will. If Sancho couldn't even make the bench against Reading there's very little chance he starts IMO.

BorisManUtd

Good. We need squad depth and Pellistri should get to play in some games hopefully.

BorisManUtd

Could just be selfish reasons (and rightly so) keeping him as a backup since we're thin.

Ideally, he would go on loan and we'd have older players as backup.
We have Rashford/Garnacho/Sancho for LW and Antony/Sancho/Pellistri/Elanga for RW. I definitely expected one of Pellistri/Elanga to go on loan this month.

Bondi77

He would have to be pissed off not getting any minutes against Forest

Real Name

I wouldn't blame him if he wanted out. Terrible management by ETH.

Jokes aside, Sancho needed minutes and he'll get many oportunities still.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
Ten Hag clearly doesn’t rate Pellestri, if you’re not even getting 20 minutes when 5-0 up against a newly promoted team with this crazy fixture schedule then that says a lot. That’s fine, I trust Ten Hag I just hope that in future he actually uses these opportunities to give people a chance, I’d hate to se the same happen to Amad or Mejbri next season.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
I wouldn't blame him if he wanted out. Terrible management by ETH.

Jokes aside, Sancho needed minutes and he'll get many oportunities still.
Sancho played the 10 with Bruno on the right, there was definitely room for him to come on.

Real Name

Ten Hag clearly doesn’t rate Pellestri, if you’re not even getting 20 minutes when 5-0 up against a newly promoted team with this crazy fixture schedule then that says a lot. That’s fine, I trust Ten Hag I just hope that in future he actually uses these opportunities to give people a chance, I’d hate to se the same happen to Amad or Mejbri next season.
If he didnt rate him he wouldnt have put him on the bench.

Real Name

I’d argue that he has no option, who else is there?
He doesnt even have to put a RW on the bench, yet he does it and Pellistri has been given chances, just like Mainoo for example. The fact he didnt feature yesterday doesn't at all mean ETH doesnt rate him.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
He doesnt even have to put a RW on the bench, yet he does it and Pellistri has been given chances, just like Mainoo for example. The fact he didnt feature yesterday doesn't at all mean ETH doesnt rate him.
Who else does he put on the bench instead? There literally isn’t anyone.
Youre right it doesn’t mean for certain that he doesn’t rate him, he could have other reasons but that’s what I’m inferring out of the situation, seems the more obvious answer. When else does a young relatively inexperienced lad get a chance if not when 5-0 up against a lesser team? Bruno is an important player but we can cope without him for 20 minutes when 5-0 up.

Bondi77

I think Erik wants to give as much game time to Antony as he can so he can improve and he has more chance of that if it is weaker opposition and that has been proven recently.

Real Name

Who else does he put on the bench instead? There literally isn’t anyone.
Youre right it doesn’t mean for certain that he doesn’t rate him, he could have other reasons but that’s what I’m inferring out of the situation, seems the more obvious answer. When else does a young relatively inexperienced lad get a chance if not when 5-0 up against a lesser team? Bruno is an important player but we can cope without him for 20 minutes when 5-0 up.
The fact he didnt get a chance in one game doesn't mean he doesn't rate him, let alone that he clearly doesn't rate him. That's a big assumption, especially given the fact he got chances to play as I said. He was literally subbed in in our previous game, on the weekend. He could have put Iqbal on the bench yesterday instead, for example.

Varun1

I can understand why he chose those subs to come on, but Pellistri should have started and the same subs could have been made later in the game.

Alemar

After Sancho return his chances may be slightly more limited. If certain developments on which the club doesn’t comment also take place, competition up front will increase even further

TheReligion

Abusive
After Sancho return his chances may be slightly more limited. If certain developments on which the club doesn’t comment also take place, competition up front will increase even further
Pretty sure in the event of that it wouldn’t be this season.

Man Utd 2:2 Leeds United

Lyng

Was much better than Garnacho today. His clever composed play and lay up to Dalot was crucial for our first goal.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I think he's the only other RW at the club at the moment so he might get chances of Antony us out. I think ten Hag believes in him.

Based Adnan

Should be knocking on ETHs door and be asking why left wingers are playing out of position at RW ahead of him

Made an instant impact after coming on. Should start Sunday with Rashford through the middle and Sancho on the left if Antony is still out.

Status
Not open for further replies.